Pre-Season | Page 6 | Vital Football

Pre-Season

Just watched the highlights - OMG if thats the highlights then I'm running scared - wide open play and STILL very few arrive in the box on our attacks - cant score within 90 mins and they had time to pick their spots. We aint gonna get those spaces and time once the Champ starts, especially from those that have come down. As DG said, dreary ol season coming up. Wondering now if Webber sacks DW by Xmas and gets someone in and then clears off?

Just watched the highlights - OMG if thats the highlights then I'm running scared - wide open play and STILL very few arrive in the box on our attacks - cant score within 90 mins and they had time to pick their spots. We aint gonna get those spaces and time once the Champ starts, especially from those that have come down. As DG said, dreary ol season coming up. Wondering now if Webber sacks DW by Xmas and gets someone in and then clears off?
It was dreadful. slow, boring and no bite. Idah looks so poor, Barnes no pace, but what I like is he really winds people up, Sargent I am still unsure if I rate him. He runs about and works hard, but for me isn't a main/number 1 forward. Gibson is Gibson, Duffy looks massive but lacking in pace (he is very much like Hanley). Placheta at left back was just odd, but I am liking what I see from him - I still think he'll be one of our better players this season if given game time. Our central midfield is, like last season, weak. I mentioned in another thread that I don't see any combination that offers us that strength and stability to cope with the championship. Last season the championship was not the greatest and we finished 13th. This season with the likes of Southampton, Leicester, Leeds, Mboro all looking good and then add in a Sunderland and even Ipswich I just think we will end up much like last season 12th/13th/14th. we will get the same crap again about a refresh as lots of players contracts expire etc etc.

DW has a decision to make because he is keen to play with both Sargent and Barnes which then limits us in other areas - how does he fit in McLean (we wouldn't but we all know every manager does), Sara, Nunez. How does he play Placheta, Onel, Fassnacht, Rashica (if here), Rowe.

Last game before season. Let's hope for bo injuries or hope for them so new players have to come in. Probably another central defender as we can't keep them fit.

I think this is going to be DW best 11 for the season and to me it's a mid level championship 11

Gunn

Stacey
Duffy
Gibson
Giannoulis

Onel
McLean
Sara
Fassnacht

Barnes
Sargent

The fact that Aarons and rashica not in the squad tells us all we need to know yet DW lies and says it's because they are not match fit. Aarons played in the Euros and had been training the last 10 days and rashica the same amount of training. Just tell the truth....they are being sold and you're not wanting them to play as they won't be here.

It's just frustrating that the season is here and we have two/three players who are probably wanting a move.

I also wonder if tzolis is on the way out.

Subs

Krul
Fisher
Omobamidele
McCallum
Gibbs
Springett
Placheta
Nunez
Idah
Rowe

That's basically our whole squad (minus Sorensen who has another injury and sainz) ...doesn't look much to me

Also, once again we are playing players out of position. Fassnacht is a right footed winger/attacking midfielder and DW playing on the left yet we have two left wingers on the bench.

Samuel Seaman at Ink Un puts it a dull opening first half.....get used to that this season.

Sargent misses a sitter from 6 yards out --- get used to that :-)

His player ratings make for grim reading:

Gunn 6, Stacey 6, Duffy 7, Gibson 5, Giannoulis 6, McLean 7, Sara 6, Fassnacht 5, Hernandez 5, Sargent 6, Barnes 6. Subs: Omobamidele 5, Rowe 5, Fisher 6, Placheta 5, Nunez 6, Springett 5, Idah 5, Gibbs 5, McCallum 5.

Samuel Seaman at Ink Un puts it a dull opening first half.....get used to that this season.

Sargent misses a sitter from 6 yards out --- get used to that :-)

His player ratings make for grim reading:

Gunn 6, Stacey 6, Duffy 7, Gibson 5, Giannoulis 6, McLean 7, Sara 6, Fassnacht 5, Hernandez 5, Sargent 6, Barnes 6. Subs: Omobamidele 5, Rowe 5, Fisher 6, Placheta 5, Nunez 6, Springett 5, Idah 5, Gibbs 5, McCallum 5.
mc crap best score. must be bad

Even if got a 10 he’s still a loser and part responsible for not one but TWO Prem relegations and a dire finish last season . I don’t forget

Tzolis playing with u21s today.....I think he is on the way out.

I think we will see tzolis, aarons, rashica, Springett all going before season starts

Tzolis playing with u21s today.....I think he is on the way out.

I think we will see tzolis, aarons, rashica, Springett all going before season starts
Tzolis and I think Springett played in the Toulouse game.
However when Sainz is fit it wouldnt be surprising to see Springett go on loan.

Tzolis and I think Springett played in the Toulouse game.
However when Sainz is fit it wouldnt be surprising to see Springett go on loan.
Tzolis wasn't involved today as he was off with the u21. Springett came on today, but I still think with Rowe, placheta, onel, Fassnacht and Sainz around he'll not play too much. Also DW likes to play Idah as a winger at times.

The thing is if tzolis, springett, Aarons and rashica all go the depth in the squad does get thin.