Pre season friendlies. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Pre season friendlies.

Got better pubs up here I hope.I have been in a few in the Medway towns but there is none I shall really miss to be honest. Never been in the Queen head mind .Although I did once sell a pair of shoes to Paul Ince and I believe he is a regular so maybe that counts.

Now that’s the spirit Chris 👍

TBF, I don’t think anyone has ever been in the Queens Head. No one’s found it yet. Except “Incey”. He’s a regular in the snug doing contract negotiations and chatting with Nobby about hat-tricks.

We do drink in The Queen's Head, it's just that we don't invite people who we think will be tight on buying rounds. You will find us in the snug, laughing with Incey, and creating a party atmosphere. The misdirection comes from those who are tight with their money. That's why you won't see 58 in the snug, as he's in a private room chuckling away to himself, whilst drinking on his own...

I’ve drank in the Queen’s Head since it changed from a Harvester to an Ember Inns pub. Typical dull gastropub, but the cask ales are cheap.

Dartford friendly tomorrow is off and QPR tickets suspended due to positive covid tests for several players!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dartford friendly tomorrow is off and QPR tickets suspended due to positive covid tests for several players!

Not really a surprise - a big group all come back together for pre-season and not a surprise that at least one brought COVID back with him.

This pre season doesn’t seem to be going too well, I was expecting more signings as Evans stated he wanted his business done early and now the Covid outbreak. Fingers crossed this doesn’t effect the start of the season which is fast approaching.

This pre season doesn’t seem to be going too well, I was expecting more signings as Evans stated he wanted his business done early and now the Covid outbreak. Fingers crossed this doesn’t effect the start of the season which is fast approaching.
BRILLIANT NEWS.
Look at it this way.If we had of made more signings they could not have played. But we would have had to pay them. Hang on two weeks wages for say six more players that is 12 weeks wages.That is almost half a loan player paid for out of the savings.

With the current surge in cases and the isolation policy up to 19th August (?), I'd be surprised if we ay on 7th August unless we field a 2nd/youth team (as per Kent cricket).