Pre season friendlies. | Vital Football

Pre season friendlies.

Anyone seen a full list of pre season fixtures ?

Norwich city travel to Newcastle on opening day so I would be surprised if any of the expected starting line up play against us.They do develop a lot of their own players there under 23s are fairly strong reaching the second round of the trophy last season for example. I doubt that we will be signing a Norwich player anytime soon but I would not be surprised if we had one or more arrive after the pre season friendly.

Norwich city travel to Newcastle on opening day so I would be surprised if any of the expected starting line up play against us.They do develop a lot of their own players there under 23s are fairly strong reaching the second round of the trophy last season for example. I doubt that we will be signing a Norwich player anytime soon but I would not be surprised if we had one or more arrive after the pre season friendly.

Their starting lineup could go either way. It might be weaker as the 1st team are kept in wool before their season opener.

It might also be seen as their last decent hit-out before the season starts and locking in the starting side and tactics for the Newcastle game.

Either way, it’s a decent game for us against what will be good opposition regardless of their team.

And methinks you should take the day off and go Chris. Or maybe a sore back that day meaning you’ll have to call in sick 😉

Their starting lineup could go either way. It might be weaker as the 1st team are kept in wool before their season opener.

It might also be seen as their last decent hit-out before the season starts and locking in the starting side and tactics for the Newcastle game.

Either way, it’s a decent game for us against what will be good opposition regardless of their team.

And methinks you should take the day off and go Chris. Or maybe a sore back that day meaning you’ll have to call in sick 😉
I have never thrown a sicky since I started work in 1976 and I am not going to start now.Sorry if I offend anyone on here. It appears to be the current feeling of people of all levels that it is OK just not to go in to work.As some of the government and opposition are younger than me I would be fairly sure some of them have.Mark MacCammon was the master sick note.If all the players had his attitude there would be no football league or premiership for that matter.
It is people throwing a sicky that has resulted in millions of the uk population having no sickness cover what so ever.It is a pre season friendly and I think Evans might well find a player or two he might also get a good test .I might ask for the night off although I am unlikely to get in during the summer holidays at this late notice. Our holidays have maximum levels every night .
For me pre season friendlies are not about entertainment. They are more about fitness,player bonding ,Managers learning about what they have and how to best use them.I have watched them over the years and they can be enjoyed but more often than not it is a disappointing experience .

I have never thrown a sicky since I started work in 1976 and I am not going to start now.Sorry if I offend anyone on here. It appears to be the current feeling of people of all levels that it is OK just not to go in to work.As some of the government and opposition are younger than me I would be fairly sure some of them have.Mark MacCammon was the master sick note.If all the players had his attitude there would be no football league or premiership for that matter.
It is people throwing a sicky that has resulted in millions of the uk population having no sickness cover what so ever.It is a pre season friendly and I think Evans might well find a player or two he might also get a good test .I might ask for the night off although I am unlikely to get in during the summer holidays at this late notice. Our holidays have maximum levels every night .
For me pre season friendlies are not about entertainment. They are more about fitness,player bonding ,Managers learning about what they have and how to best use them.I have watched them over the years and they can be enjoyed but more often than not it is a disappointing experience .

Offence duly taken.

Chris, do you never see any post in the intention it was written? FFS lighten up on here.

Here are, Chris, one for you Shirley?

Norwich to host Gillingham in pre-season friendly, August 3rd.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway...er-league-challenge-to-summer-line-up-250423/

Last edited: