Pre season friendlies. | Page 6 | Vital Football

Pre season friendlies.

I wonder if he would sign a rolling one month contract. Or stay on a pay per play basis. This puts him in the shop window, and we benefit from him being here a little longer. If he were to stick around for a month or two he would obviously play as he’s class, regular games would also improve him and his agent would be free to talk to other clubs during this time.
An injury would scupper this though, as anything that puts him out for a month or two would result in him not getting paid.

I would love to see him resign for the season though. Out of all that left at the end of last season I felt he is the one we would miss the most and posted as such at the time. Obviously don’t begrudge him a move upwards though.

I wonder if he would sign a rolling one month contract. Or stay on a pay per play basis. This puts him in the shop window, and we benefit from him being here a little longer. If he were to stick around for a month or two he would obviously play as he’s class, regular games would also improve him and his agent would be free to talk to other clubs during this time.
An injury would scupper this though, as anything that puts him out for a month or two would result in him not getting paid.

I would love to see him resign for the season though. Out of all that left at the end of last season I felt he is the one we would miss the most and posted as such at the time. Obviously don’t begrudge him a move upwards though.

He wouldn't be able to move to another club until the January transfer window if he is under contract with us when the window closes at the end of August. To move outside of the transfer window you need to be a free agent before the previous window closes.

He wouldn't be able to move to another club until the January transfer window if he is under contract with us when the window closes at the end of August. To move outside of the transfer window you need to be a free agent before the previous window closes.
Oh really? I never knew that. Even if only on a pay per play deal?
If a contract was to finish in say October, would this mean the player couldn’t go anywhere else until January then?

As I understand it a player has to be a free agent and hold his own registration before the transfer window closes to be able to join/sign for another club outside of transfer windows. Once he signs for that club hell be unable to move again until the next window as you cannot become a free agent outside the transfer windows.

As I understand it a player has to be a free agent and hold his own registration before the transfer window closes to be able to join/sign for another club outside of transfer windows. Once he signs for that club hell be unable to move again until the next window as you cannot become a free agent outside the transfer windows.

Excellent. Connor will just have to sign a 1 year deal with a £1 mill “get out” clause 👍

C’mon Connor, you know it makes sense (in best Del Boy accent).

It is also in Ogilvie's interest to get pitch time and get in some sort of pre-season training in so he has a better chance of hitting the ground running when he does sign a contract somewhere. Helping out too will also help him if he struggles to find an acceptable offer elsewhere as helping out keeps the door open to him accepting a late contract from us, although I would expect in such case for it to be for just a year as with Samuel and Jordan.

Agree, there is a small chance if injury which is a small risk for Ogilvie, but other than that, everything about him playing 90mins for us is a positive for him - keeps him fit, chance to impress possible suitors, and anyone looking at him may fear we're offer him an improved contract and he may sign it (which may jivvy them up). Failing that, it seems he's got a potential fall back to re-sign with us.

Norwich's match with Sheffield Utd on Saturday called off due to positive Covid 19 cases within their squad. Cant see our game on tuesday going ahead tbh.

Norwich's match with Sheffield Utd on Saturday called off due to positive Covid 19 cases within their squad. Cant see our game on tuesday going ahead tbh.
It might if they are able to field a young under 23 side who perhaps train at a different time?
It might even throw up a loan signing or two. But will not be the test that Evans hoped for.