Players coming in ... | Page 17 | Vital Football

Players coming in ...

When I say similar to that about Jones the sky crashes down on my head with accusations of having a vendetta ????
Not from me - I posted in support of Jones yesterday on the basis that despite his obvious limitationshe has at least pulled the shirt on and tried.
Massey - largest salary, no team benefit, not interested in playing it would seem - though apparently Kendrick has an update tomorrow on both him and Evans (mind you was due on Friday !).

I have a vague memory of Wootton playing for Leeds years ago and being quite decent but can't say much about him since he left there.

Don't know Edwards at all.

I get the impression that the coaching staff are looking to go 3 centre backs and after we got bullied so badly against Blackpool are adding some much needed physical presence and experience.

Still think we need to add a experienced battling centre mid if possible to stop us being so lightweight in the middle of the park and lessen the number of attacks reaching our defence.

We've been too soft this season so hopefully by the time the window shuts we can have a more battle hardened looking starting 11.

So....... no "early to bed" for Ticsmen (& women) then.

Current squad i count at 23 after Wooton or Edwards arrive.

Jones
Evans

Darikwa
Pearce
Whelan
Johnston
Tilt
Long
Obi
Robinson
Wooton / Edwards

Evans
Massey
Ojo
Perry
Merrie
Gardner
Asgaard
Crankshaw

Lang
Clough
Keane
Joseph

So realistically no key players or new signings will be released so the pool of outs would be 3 players seldom used like Crankshaw, Obi, Robinson. Then on top of those there could be an outside chance that Owen Evans, Lee Evans, Massey may want to leave if they've got something else lined up but I expect they will most likely stay. Then i wouldn't be totally shocked if Perry or Merrie were sacrificed if we could wheel and deal but I think that is less likely.

Then of course there is the risk of selling Pearce or Joseph but can't see anyone else attracting appealing offers.

Ostabor is also waiting in the wings when fit but think we'll try and do takeover before signing him back when squad limit removed

I expect it will be a frenetic day behind the scenes hope we have some people left who are used to deadline day.

Jones
Evans

Darikwa
Pearce
Whelan
Johnston
Tilt
Long
Obi
Robinson
Wooton / Edwards

Evans
Massey
Ojo
Perry
Merrie
Gardner
Asgaard
Crankshaw

Lang
Clough
Keane
Joseph

So realistically no key players or new signings will be released so the pool of outs would be 3 players seldom used like Crankshaw, Obi, Robinson. Then on top of those there could be an outside chance that Owen Evans, Lee Evans, Massey may want to leave if they've got something else lined up but I expect they will most likely stay. Then i wouldn't be totally shocked if Perry or Merrie were sacrificed if we could wheel and deal but I think that is less likely.

Then of course there is the risk of selling Pearce or Joseph but can't see anyone else attracting appealing offers.

Ostabor is also waiting in the wings when fit but think we'll try and do takeover before signing him back when squad limit removed

I expect it will be a frenetic day behind the scenes hope we have some people left who are used to deadline day.
Obi and robinson with you on that but i am expecting joseph to go to spurs

Both are experienced at league one level which is good. Edwards is probably the more physical of the two, however Wootton does bring leadership, having captained some of his previous sides at youth level and senior.

I could be wrong but I’m sure Edwards is predominately left footed therefore I would of thought Wootton would be the first choice just to balance things out abit.

However I would assume it comes down to who is available and who we can get over the line. In our position, it’s not like we can be too fussy

I imagine that the young lady who dealt with the (last minute) international clearance of Johnston and Whelan will be well capable of sorting whatever happens.

Fingers crossed as it's always a hard day for even the people used to them. Wonder if Admin will ask Jackson to give them a hand as he will be a veteran of these things.

Send him to go and pick Grigg up from Stadium of light if nothing else. Can't be having him going Shrewsbury - that's just so wrong.

Obi and robinson with you on that but i am expecting joseph to go to spurs

I don't know if he'll go Spurs tomorrow as I think they may wait until summer for him on a tribunal. If he did go I'd insist on him coming back on loan until end of season. Maybe ask for best Spurs kid on loan too.

Jones
Evans

Darikwa
Pearce
Whelan
Johnston
Tilt
Long
Obi
Robinson
Wooton / Edwards

Evans
Massey
Ojo
Perry
Merrie
Gardner
Asgaard
Crankshaw

Lang
Clough
Keane
Joseph

You've missed McHugh off the list. He's injured so not been able to fill the bench up recently.

Also worth noting we currently have 3 loan players Ojo, Johnston and Tilt. This means we can only sign and field 2 more loans. Darikwa, Whelan and Clough all joined on frees.

This will be an obvious factor tomorrow.

You've missed McHugh off the list. He's injured so not been able to fill the bench up recently.

I just checked and you are right he made 1 league appearance so he is currently taking up a spot. I thought he had only played in cups.

So that complicates matters a little.

We should be expecting some releases tomorrow.

Last edited:
I would of thought Obi will be the one let go if they want another centre back. It’s wrong really but we have no choice

Should we look to bring anyone else in then, I could see Crankshaw being shipped out.

Any players at the club who haven't played for the first team this season are now allowed into the first team squad as "Free" players!Should give us more scope