Other PL Games - 20/21 | Page 36 | Vital Football

Other PL Games - 20/21

Chelsea will win the leage next year.

Having hoovered up all the up & coming talent around Europe, they've now gone & bagged themselves a top coach in Tuchel. They have everything they could ever need in order to challenge next year.

There are two ways to success. One beats the other hands down.

The first is to indoctrinate a team system, team-first Bielsa type program. That way you get 1+1=3 performance from less than elite players. This will give you good football and a marginal chance at trophies.

The second is to buy the best players and find a coach to coordinate their playing style. This is by far the best way to do it.

The first is to indoctrinate a team system, team-first Bielsa type program. That way you get 1+1=3 performance from less than elite players. This will give you good football and a marginal chance at trophies.

The second is to buy the best players and find a coach to coordinate their playing style. This is by far the best way to do it.

Poch came close with option 1. Option 2 does not seem likely for us anytime soon.

I like the team approach personally. It is more stable and less prone to 'all the eggs in one basket approach'...which for some reason we have a lovefest with.

Football is at it's core a team sport. One or two weak links out there and you will get exploited at this level.

I honestly think if you find the RIGHT stars that buy in to a team system...then you really have something.

You give Bielsa one or two more quality players...he is winning things. He has a stable core of hard working players to build upon. It is a joy to watch a team playing this way...for eachother.

The great teams largely have a solid core of hard working players...that don't get a lot of limelight or credit...but make no mistake without them...the superstars on those teams would be lost and they would not win shit. The stars have bought in to the team approach...that is what makes them truly great.

I like the team approach personally. It is more stable and less prone to 'all the eggs in one basket approach'...which for some reason we have a lovefest with.

Football is at it's core a team sport. One or two weak links out there and you will get exploited at this level.

I honestly think if you find the RIGHT stars that buy in to a team system...then you really have something.

You give Bielsa one or two more quality players...he is winning things. He has a stable core of hard working players to build upon. It is a joy to watch a team playing this way...for eachother.

The great teams largely have a solid core of hard working players...that don't get a lot of limelight or credit...but make no mistake without them...the superstars on those teams would be lost and they would not win shit. The stars have bought in to the team approach...that is what makes them truly great.

Like City? Like RM? Like PSG? Like Chelsea at times? Like United? Best players at all positions.

Personally, I think we need to stop trying to get 2 players for each position and a deep squad for a while. I'd prefer it back to the way Poch had it. A very strong eleven, a few able backups and hope for a few youngsters. Then find a manager who will motivate the players to give 100% and get them all fit and comfortable with one system. Then introduce the second system like Poch did in 16/17 when we could easily switch to a 3-4-3.

Do you really want us to become a plastic club ? That’s what the chavs did when Abramovich took over .
Or are you not advocating that for us . ?
I would settle for option one any time .
To me that is the best way to do it .

Do you really want us to become a plastic club ? That’s what the chavs did when Abramovich took over .
Or are you not advocating that for us . ?
I would settle for option one any time .
To me that is the best way to do it .

Levy and Lewis have a buy-to-let house that everyone else is paying their mortgage on. ENIC eventually sells it and Levy becomes a self made billionaire in the process from the hard earned fans money.

We actually have a different carbon compound, but no moral high ground over the other plastics who actually put into the pot.

it really is in Leeds case (and was for us in a large part of the Poch era) that the value (in football terms) of the whole is much greater than the sum of the parts. You get nowhere with a bunch of prima donnas playing for themselves. There has to be a complete team ethic where all are committed to the cause. This is pretty much what Pompey said on another thread using military analogy but no apologies for my view.

it really is in Leeds case (and was for us in a large part of the Poch era) that the value (in football terms) of the whole is much greater than the sum of the parts. You get nowhere with a bunch of prima donnas playing for themselves. There has to be a complete team ethic where all are committed to the cause. This is pretty much what Pompey said on another thread using military analogy but no apologies for my view.

Yep and look at what's happened at liverpool since the work rate has dropped.

They haven't revamped the squad and now they are burnt out.

That's what makes City so scary, they have both aspects nailed down. Some of the best players in the world all giving their all for the collective group.

Like City? Like RM? Like PSG? Like Chelsea at times? Like United? Best players at all positions.

No I disagree...I can name a few off each team due to their star status...some have a few more than others...but a large portion of the 11 on those teams I would be hard pressed to name. (other than Chelsea, City and United since they play in our league and I see them all the time)

Point is all those players buy in and when they slip the manager yanks them.

Leicester now out of reach. I think that the top four talk can now stop once and for all, although they may still need to beat us on the last day to stop Lpool qualifying for CL.

I just don't get how Newcastle can beat the foxes, then the foxes go beat UTD.

Congratulations to Man City on winning the PL. Very well deserved indeed. Great coach, great players with a winning team attitude.

I just don't get how Newcastle can beat the foxes, then the foxes go beat UTD.

Congratulations to Man City on winning the PL. Very well deserved indeed. Great coach, great players with a winning team attitude.
United fielded a virtual second team. A couple of players made their debuts. OGS was saving his players for Liverpool on Thursday. If we were still in the race for top 4 it would have been highly frustrating.

So manager Keith Hill spends all season getting Tranmere to the play-offs and then gets the sack because chairman Mark Palios thinks it gives his club the best chance of promotion.

“Despite success achieved on the pitch in the form of securing a place in the Play-Offs and reaching the Papa John’s Trophy final, in the Play-Offs an entire season gets distilled into two or three games. I have to do what I think gives us the best chance of achieving promotion in those games and I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that means making the change before the semi-finals begin.”

Instead he appoints assistant manager Ian Dawes. Either great foresight or great stupidity.

It did make me laugh that Man Utd decided it was Leicester that will go into CL next season at the expense of Liverpool.

Can't wait to see Ollie's strong lineup for the game against the Scousers on Thurs. If he wins that, then his Baldrick like cunning plan has worked brilliantly and the Utd fans will love him even more.

It did make me laugh that Man Utd decided it was Leicester that will go into CL next season at the expense of Liverpool.

Can't wait to see Ollie's strong lineup for the game against the Scousers on Thurs. If he wins that, then his Baldrick like cunning plan has worked brilliantly and the Utd fans will love him even more.
I get your point, but if I were a Utd fan, I'd be well miffed seeing the taunts from the noisy neighbours lifting the PL trophy with the 'Ole Ole' chants!