Other PL Games - 20/21 | Page 37 | Vital Football

Other PL Games - 20/21

United fielded a virtual second team. A couple of players made their debuts. OGS was saving his players for Liverpool on Thursday. If we were still in the race for top 4 it would have been highly frustrating.
Technically we still were, the win for Leicester was the only result that made it mathematically certain we can't catch them. Probably if Leicester had lost all the Spurs as top four candidates would have started up all over again, particularly as we are playing them in the last game of the season. I'm just glad that that is all over, being let down in pretty much every game we play was getting pretty stressful.

Technically we still were, the win for Leicester was the only result that made it mathematically certain we can't catch them. Probably if Leicester had lost all the Spurs as top four candidates would have started up all over again, particularly as we are playing them in the last game of the season. I'm just glad that that is all over, being let down in pretty much every game we play was getting pretty stressful.
SAJ, oh! the joys of being a Spurs fan lol!
Mind there is always next season, a fave saying for us.

Tuchel is taking responsibility for Chelsea's defeat to Arsenal last night. It's refreshing to hear a manager take responsibility particularly as he has been so successful so far.

He rested players for the cup final and they are safe in top 4. I'm not sure he needs to take responsibility, it seems a sensible decision to me.

So much for picking a strong side to have your arse handed to you on a plate!

Despite scoring a goal, Rashford appears to be on a decline. On the whole it is sad to see all the English strikers in a decline leading up to Euro's. Not one on a roll.

So much for picking a strong side to have your arse handed to you on a plate!

Despite scoring a goal, Rashford appears to be on a decline. On the whole it is sad to see all the English strikers in a decline leading up to Euro's. Not one on a roll.

I genuinely think they're taking it easy knowing the euros are around the corner, even a small injury now and they're a doubt for the euros, happens every season before a major international tournament. Especially this season as nothing is really left to play for anyone.

Kane is quite obviously taking it easy with England in mind, can't blame him really.

The only thing Poch didn't learn from his mentor was squad refresh. Bielsa done that shrewdly without spending a fortune.

Agree, they will be a force and will have continuity, whilst we do a reset!

Bielsa gets youngsters and develops their skills around their natural energy and fitness and is not frightened to blood the into his teams .........just like we do with our academy (not obvious is it)

To be fair although I am not a fan of his Maguire is missed by Utd massively. They were shocking defensively last night.

With Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Bellingham, Mount, Kane, Sterling and Rashford, Southgate really does have a pool of talent to pick from.
He's got plenty of talent at his disposal, what is in doubt is his own ability to maximise the effectiveness of that talent on the pitch.