Other PL Games - 20/21 | Page 24 | Vital Football

Other PL Games - 20/21

So Southampton have requested Mason and Dean do not officiate any more of their games or take control of VAR when they are playing .
I can sense a row coming on .
This all relates to the manure game I think . I haven’t seen it yet,
You'd have to think it's a non-starter or soon every club will be picking their own officials. Which will be from quite a small pool.

Dean is an obnoxious little man who given a uniform and power strutts around the pitch like a peacock displaying his feathers and showing his arrogance. Detestable person on the pitch...bullied at school and a little whimp outside his professional life I bet. And whats more Dean issued the 100th red card of his career as a Premier League referee to Manchester United's Ashley Young, making Dean the first referee in Premier League history to reach the 100 red cards milestone. says it all

I believe the clubs need to fight their corner and apply more and more pressure on PGMOL as officiating standards are so poor.

PGMOL's formation was in 2001 with a charter to improve refereeing standards. 20 years later they have a pool of 109 referees and 206 assistant referees and from that they can build the "elite" group of 18.

I think we all know that the usual suspects that officiate each week and manage VAR come up way short of standards expected. Mike Riley and his team are constantly found wanting and FIFA didn't even use a single British referee in the World Cup. Riley also throw out the most stupid metrics on VAR success even though we all know his refs are ignoring the rules of the game in that process.

So bring it on. I was delighted to read Nuno's berating of Moss. I'm happy to see Southampton's stance on Dean and Mason. This is after Dean was kept away from our games after the Poch incident. The best thing all clubs can do is just keep up the intensity of complaint until we see a change from PGMOL including the churn of most of the current crop of "elite refs".

Dean is an obnoxious little man who given a uniform and power strutts around the pitch like a peacock displaying his feathers and showing his arrogance. Detestable person on the pitch...bullied at school and a little whimp outside his professional life I bet. And whats more Dean issued the 100th red card of his career as a Premier League referee to Manchester United's Ashley Young, making Dean the first referee in Premier League history to reach the 100 red cards milestone. says it all

That 2nd red card....
If I were SouthH I'd be blowing up too!

I was impressed by them, they out fought us, now Liverpool have been made to look poor against them. Well done Brighton.
Whatever the feelings about Spurs currently, to beat Spurs and Liverpool in the space of three days, without conceding a goal to the likes of Salah, Firmino and Son, is a massive achievement for a Club like Brighton. They weren't fluke wins either, well done to them.
Sheffield, Fulham and WBA look increasingly nailed on for relegation, although Newcastle may still throw one of them a lifeline.

I would say Potter is definitely one to watch. He had 6 years. between hanging up his boots and taking his first coaching job in Sweden. In those 6 years he took his degree in Social Sciences and then followed it up with a masters in leadership and emotional intelligence. He then took a 4th tier Swedish team and took them into the top flight, coming second and getting them into Europa League. 7 years invested at one club. In his forties he then gets the Swansea job and after one year gets headhunted as the successor to Hughton at Brighton.

I'd love to know what this guy could do at a big club.

I would say Potter is definitely one to watch. He had 6 years. between hanging up his boots and taking his first coaching job in Sweden. In those 6 years he took his degree in Social Sciences and then followed it up with a masters in leadership and emotional intelligence. He then took a 4th tier Swedish team and took them into the top flight, coming second and getting them into Europa League. 7 years invested at one club. In his forties he then gets the Swansea job and after one year gets headhunted as the successor to Hughton at Brighton.

I'd love to know what this guy could do at a big club.

Well on the basis that we were the turning point of his home form, even probably their season, I reckon we should register first dibs on him when he's ready to move on...!

Its so true, Potter breeds respect, enthusiasm, willingness, belief, we fear nobody, we love to play for him, I could go on, but lastly he would do a good job for us.

I was impressed by them, they out fought us, now Liverpool have been made to look poor against them. Well done Brighton.

Amazing things can happen when you have a FULL squad of players working hard, not for themselves but for the TEAM and eachother. Everyone pulling in the same direction for a common goal. Full team effort during all phases of play.

Kudos Brighton!

We are the opposite...rarely do we see all our players pulling the same direction...so they pull us apart. Also many are in it for themselves...NOT the sacred badge on their chest.

Change is in order...and it will be painful

Amazing things can happen when you have a FULL squad of players working hard, not for themselves but for the TEAM and eachother. Everyone pulling in the same direction for a common goal. Full team effort during all phases of play.

Kudos Brighton!

We are the opposite...rarely do we see all our players pulling the same direction...so they pull us apart. Also many are in it for themselves...NOT the sacred badge on their chest.

Change is in order...and it will be painful
You are right there USAF, change does hurt, but generally for the good!