Other PL Games - 20/21 | Page 23 | Vital Football

Other PL Games - 20/21

...and United get the advantage of playing against 10 men after just 2 mins!

And watch them they are two up but do they sit back and pussy foot about sidey slow backwards...NO they still go full pelt for more and now have a third...we just never do that ...we never go for the throat our players (when we are fortunate to be in the lead) take their foot off the gas and that is why we let so many teams draw with us late on....our style needs a huge rewrite!

And watch them they are two up but do they sit back and pussy foot about sidey slow backwards...NO they still go full pelt for more and now have a third...we just never do that ...we never go for the throat our players (when we are fortunate to be in the lead) take their foot off the gas and that is why we let so many teams draw with us late on....our style needs a huge rewrite!
Absolutely. That's always been my pet hate in our attitude to winning, winning in style.... lack thereof.

.... and while I type, 4-0.

What goals do for your confidence.

ManU win 9-0, but interesting that no one got a brace or a hat trick, NINE scorers. Must be some sort of a record. Surprised de Gea didn't get to head one from a corner!

Manure game a bit farcical get the rub of the green ...Soton had a good goal disallowed by VAR to me the red line was nearer the goal than the blue line which I assume reflects the teams? Then Marciel dives and then maybe gets the slightest clip as he is on his way down at 6-0 and they get a penalty and another soton player got sent off. Thats how I saw it anyway

We were never going to be sitting pretty at the top of the table come May. Our goal wasn't the PL title, it was to qualify for the CL.
It still will be. I'm quite sure that the Europa League is now very much at the top of our priority list. Mourinho pulled a rabbit out of the hat by getting United into the CL via the Europa, he'll be thinking he can do the same with us.

It still will be. I'm quite sure that the Europa League is now very much at the top of our priority list. Mourinho pulled a rabbit out of the hat by getting United into the CL via the Europa, he'll be thinking he can do the same with us.
It's a risky strategy though, isn't it?

I remember in the season United won the Europa under Jose, in the period before Christmas Jose said the Europa League wasn't befitting a club of United's stature. At that point United were still in the running for a top 4 place. It was only when that option seemingly disappeared that the Europa League suddenly became worthy of United's presence.

We're not in that position yet, at least points wise in the table. But unless there's a significant upturn in performance, personally I don't think top 4 or the Europa League is a realistic target.

It's a risky strategy though, isn't it?

I remember in the season United won the Europa under Jose, in the period before Christmas Jose said the Europa League wasn't befitting a club of United's stature. At that point United were still in the running for a top 4 place. It was only when that option seemingly disappeared that the Europa League suddenly became worthy of United's presence.

We're not in that position yet, at least points wise in the table. But unless there's a significant upturn in performance, personally I don't think top 4 or the Europa League is a realistic target.
Risky yes, but given how enthused Mourinho was when we even qualified, and all the talk about two wins to win the Europa League before we were even in it, I'm pretty sure that it has always been top of his personal priority list. He's enough of a realist to know that we were never going to win the PL. Now we are in the position that we are, I suspect that he will be viewing a few wins in the Europa League, with a meaningful trophy and CL qualification at the end of it, as a more achievable option than coming out on top in a half season long dogfight for fourth place in the PL.

Risky yes, but given how enthused Mourinho was when we even qualified, and all the talk about two wins to win the Europa League before we were even in it, I'm pretty sure that it has always been top of his personal priority list. He's enough of a realist to know that we were never going to win the PL. Now we are in the position that we are, I suspect that he will be viewing a few wins in the Europa League, with a meaningful trophy and CL qualification at the end of it, as a more achievable option than coming out on top in a half season long dogfight for fourth place in the PL.

let's be fair the only one who thought we'd win the PL is 80, but most of us believed we had a great shout at finishing Top4 (as some still do) we need CL football.

But the worst we could hope for is top 6. Winning the EL is I think a stretch, especially with the football we're playing now. And in fairness to Jose, if we keep getting the easy draws in cups we have, who knows how close we may go?

If we don't win a piece of silverware - Ok the tin pot cup would probably make a lot of Spurs fans happy, just as it did under Ramos (whose PL form got him sacked) could well see history repeating itself.

Without CL qualification, or as it looks not even a finish in the top 6, his tenure will be ended, the thought of no European football next season will have Levy choking over his absent gate receipts.

In another post I decried our team tactics for lack of positivity....just watched last nights MOTD and every team playing win or lose attacked in strength and numbers forward passing desire 5/6 bodies in the box...it all makes things happen...even the teams down to 9 men tried to create things ....and what do we have to look forward to...hoofs or Davies and others passing backwards, never ever trying to create anything....I dismay at our stifling style ...teams must be laughing at us bigtime.

In another post I decried our team tactics for lack of positivity....just watched last nights MOTD and every team playing win or lose attacked in strength and numbers forward passing desire 5/6 bodies in the box...it all makes things happen...even the teams down to 9 men tried to create things ....and what do we have to look forward to...hoofs or Davies and others passing backwards, never ever trying to create anything....I dismay at our stifling style ...teams must be laughing at us bigtime.
This was noticeable even with Brighton. I counted 6/7 players in or around our penalty area on a number of occasions when they came forward. They defended and attacked as a team.

So bloody true there Greavsie.
to be blunt under JM we are UTTER CRAP.

Whatever happened to "The best form of defence is attack?"
Certainly not a theory being practiced about with our lot atm!

So Southampton have requested Mason and Dean do not officiate any more of their games or take control of VAR when they are playing .
I can sense a row coming on .
This all relates to the manure game I think . I haven’t seen it yet,