Other Games 21/22 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Other Games 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an anti-racism person, being ex-military have seen lots of it around the world, but for me there will always! be the racist in our midst, not just bloody white but all colours, cultures, creeds and bloody religions.

I believe the more you make of racism the worse it will get, and as far as I am concerned the one thing you do not do is antagonise those numpties, twats call em what you like, its like a red flag to a bull and they think it is funny, just bloody ignore them do not bite.

That's how I was always taught and led my life accordingly.

It's quite simple for me. Any player projecting a message on a t-shirt under a football shirt should just get a 10 match ban. Whilst acknowledging that guys like Sterling have "best intent" messages, it is just an abuse of their privilege. They should just get on with playing football, as they are paid to do.

It's quite simple for me. Any player projecting a message on a t-shirt under a football shirt should just get a 10 match ban. Whilst acknowledging that guys like Sterling have "best intent" messages, it is just an abuse of their privilege. They should just get on with playing football, as they are paid to do.
Couldn't have put it better or clearly there muttley, well said.

I believe the more you make of racism the worse it will get, and as far as I am concerned the one thing you do not do is antagonise those numpties, twats call em what you like, its like a red flag to a bull and they think it is funny, just bloody ignore them do not bite.

That's how I was always taught and led my life accordingly.

Exactly, I think that people who are essentially racially tolerant are tiring of having the racism issue consistently being brought to the fore. Those who are not so tolerant are guaranteed to be antagonized.

That lad's a Grade A prized twat. He has a tattoo of a military assault rifle on his effing leg. He deserves a slap alone for that.

So here's how a good friend and trained psychologist explained this to me.

A human can have thousands and thousand of thoughts a day. Some have more, some have less but everybody has the majority of thoughts they need to dismiss. You just can't hold onto all of them and process them. When you spend too much time processing the unhealthy thoughts, that is when your mental health can suffer. Everyone has bad thoughts.

Onto these bad ones, and racist thoughts are clearly in that category.

What we're actually doing generationally is educating people to either keep their bad racist thoughts to themselves and hopefully just dismiss them in the first place. Eventually and hopefully, racist thoughts (neurotransmitters) won't even appear in the thought machine in the first place. Then we have made progress as a human race. A very slow process.

It is also why you often hear the saying "you are not your thoughts", because you clearly don't have to be them. As I said above, we all have bad thoughts. We are humans.

Which is why Pompey is right as there is simply no point antagonising a racist bunch that have no willingness to dismiss their bad thoughts and not act on them. You just hope that deeper down they do know they are bad thoughts.

Doesn't mean FIFA shouldn't provide a severe punishment. They get to set their own tolerance levels which should be universal in the beautiful game.

That lad's a Grade A prized twat. He has a tattoo of a military assault rifle on his effing leg. He deserves a slap alone for that.

Here's my understanding of what happened on this one.

"When I was two, my father died from being gunned down to death," he wrote in a message shared on Instagram. "I made a promise to myself [that] I would never touch a gun in my lifetime. I shoot with my right foot, so it has a deeper meaning [and is] still unfinished."

What the whole rifle tattoo story showed most was how the lazy racists in the media use him as an easy target. Made him out to be encouraging gun crime, rather than fighting against it.

It was another step in the change process to eliminate racism as that became the narrative after the other nonsense was corrected. Perhaps even paved the way for Rashford to become a darling of the media, despite his skin colour. The media wouldn't dare.

So here's how a good friend and trained psychologist explained this to me.

A human can have thousands and thousand of thoughts a day. Some have more, some have less but everybody has the majority of thoughts they need to dismiss. You just can't hold onto all of them and process them. When you spend too much time processing the unhealthy thoughts, that is when your mental health can suffer. Everyone has bad thoughts.

Onto these bad ones, and racist thoughts are clearly in that category.

What we're actually doing generationally is educating people to either keep their bad racist thoughts to themselves and hopefully just dismiss them in the first place. Eventually and hopefully, racist thoughts (neurotransmitters) won't even appear in the thought machine in the first place. Then we have made progress as a human race. A very slow process.

It is also why you often hear the saying "you are not your thoughts", because you clearly don't have to be them. As I said above, we all have bad thoughts. We are humans.

Which is why Pompey is right as there is simply no point antagonising a racist bunch that have no willingness to dismiss their bad thoughts and not act on them. You just hope that deeper down they do know they are bad thoughts.

Doesn't mean FIFA shouldn't provide a severe punishment. They get to set their own tolerance levels which should be universal in the beautiful game.
muttley a very good post there, quite interesting, but like I said earlier it will never stop, esp on the Asian n African continents, its a bloody tribal/religious thing.

For me the more its pushed, esp in a tolerant county like ours, it will only get worse, I can honestly say me, my oppo's, all colours are getting bloody sick of it, words/sentences used like what's so bloody special about them its as simple as that.

Also not just racism but all the other its, phobia's etc, just the bloody same, drives us mad
Ah well life goes on.

"When I was two, my father died from being gunned down to death," he wrote in a message shared on Instagram. "I made a promise to myself [that] I would never touch a gun in my lifetime. I shoot with my right foot, so it has a deeper meaning [and is] still unfinished."

What the whole rifle tattoo story showed most was how the lazy racists in the media use him as an easy target. Made him out to be encouraging gun crime, rather than fighting against it.

It was another step in the change process to eliminate racism as that became the narrative after the other nonsense was corrected. Perhaps even paved the way for Rashford to become a darling of the media, despite his skin colour. The media wouldn't dare.

He's not very good at shooting though !!

muttley a very good post there, quite interesting, but like I said earlier it will never stop, esp on the Asian n African continents, its a bloody tribal/religious thing.

For me the more its pushed, esp in a tolerant county like ours, it will only get worse, I can honestly say me, my oppo's, all colours are getting bloody sick of it, words/sentences used like what's so bloody special about them its as simple as that.

Also not just racism but all the other its, phobia's etc, just the bloody same, drives us mad
Ah well life goes on.

Yep, welcome to the "woke culture". Humanists like Spurs very own Warren Mitchell would be turning in their grave seeing the modern approach to breaking down barriers. He made the entire country see how pointless racism is using classical humour.

Nowadays, that pendulum has swung so far that only positive discrimination seems to be acceptable. I have a feeling that will change once the heavy push back comes from society. When 25 year lads march for pay equality knowing that their girlfriends earn more for doing the same job and never buy the first round :LOL:

Anyway, back to football.

That's fair enough, im not sure too many are aware of this but even still... it's a military assault rifle.

There are far better ways to go about it, this just confuses matters & gives the media the ammunition (pardon the pun) to take pot shots at him. He's actually playing into their narrative.

Exactly, I think that people who are essentially racially tolerant are tiring of having the racism issue consistently being brought to the fore. Those who are not so tolerant are guaranteed to be antagonized.
I do find it interesting when the word tolerant is used in relation to racism, I'm sure it's not your intent. But I always think it suggests that people from another race, creed or religion are something to be tolerated. I'm sure if someone were to say to you that they tolerate you, you'd be offended. I certainly would be.

That's fair enough, im not sure too many are aware of this but even still... it's a military assault rifle.

There are far better ways to go about it, this just confuses matters & gives the media the ammunition (pardon the pun) to take pot shots at him. He's actually playing into their narrative.

Yep, hence why I would just prefer him to stop being the evangelist and change agent and focus on being a footballer first. Do your talking on the pitch and not based on what T-shirt you're wearing under your footie shirt.

Neither of us would be surprised if we're talking about Sterling for a non-football reason in 2022 and 2023 and 2024. It's what he does.

I do find it interesting when the word tolerant is used in relation to racism, I'm sure it's not your intent. But I always think it suggests that people from another race, creed or religion are something to be tolerated. I'm sure if someone were to say to you that they tolerate you, you'd be offended. I certainly would be.

Isn't it just the case that some are playing the long game and don't need to win every battle along the journey. Perhaps the word "tolerating" should be replaced by "ignoring". I'm not expecting a primary school teacher to ignore it in class but a 50 year old in a pub can be expected to turn that blind eye to the ignoramus seeking a cheap laugh with a lazy, unfunny racist remark.

I'm in the camp that FIFA can't ignore the monkey chanting by the Hungary fans. They have to act.

Isn't it just the case that some are playing the long game and don't need to win every battle along the journey. Perhaps the word "tolerating" should be replaced by "ignoring". I'm not expecting a primary school teacher to ignore it in class but a 50 year old in a pub can be expected to turn that blind eye to the ignoramus seeking a cheap laugh with a lazy, unfunny racist remark.

I'm in the camp that FIFA can't ignore the monkey chanting by the Hungary fans. They have to act.
It saddens me, here we are in 2021 and this shite is still going. Having said that, enormous strides have been made over the last fifty years. I certainly remember gangs walking the streets looking for people of colour to beat up, it would be nice if occasionally the media would mention the positive changes.
It might just help the white majority of right thinking people, not to feel that they are constantly being associated with these idiots simply because they share the same colour skin

It saddens me, here we are in 2021 and this shite is still going. Having said that, enormous strides have been made over the last fifty years. I certainly remember gangs walking the streets looking for people of colour to beat up, it would be nice if occasionally the media would mention the positive changes.
It might just help the white majority of right thinking people, not to feel that they are constantly being associated with these idiots simply because they share the same colour skin

Yeah we have made great strides, now we have to stop the Black gangs killing each other

No offence intended, but point taken.

Unfortunately tribalism, colour, religion, money, politics, etc etc are divisory by nature. 'My club is right you are wrong'

Until tapes of our children are written differently by parents across the whole world, it will never change. They will bring up their children along the lines they were indoctrinated into by their parents, religious beliefs, the society they live in and the circumstances in which they have to survive............unless they are astute and intelligent enough to choose the 'they were wrong , that is not right path' which is quite rare across the millions on the planet..

How can an individual for example deride and outcry against black and white racism on one hand and then support unwaveringly for a god or religion that turns a blind eye on child abuse,.

We as a race are so so far from collective collaborative thinking that it will take thousands of years and many generations to cut out all the crap from aims of a global society......if indeed it is ever achievable.

Nature and evolution impels us to change and be different from each other to survive, have individual thoughts and ideas and ensure genes are passed on to the next generation to ensure survival foremostl of those genes, does it not!. That driver is in complete conflict with the overall aim to be 'one human race' and all live together collaboratively

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE? One small step for man eh!

Greavsie, very good there, it is though as you say Mission Impossible.

Black on Black crime, sorry it is not just about "poverty" its all about wanting it now! and not wanting to learn be educated like as very many do.

As a Vet, ex-military, having used assault rifles etc, the last thing I want is a Tattoo of one of those "Killing Machines" Sterling is a look at me "fcuking knob jockey centre of attraction twat".

Join the Military and see the devastation those bits of kit cause, minds might just be changed.

Sorry about that folks but he and peops like him "piss me the fcuk off" he/they really do get my back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.