Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 279 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

Doesn't look like Benteke could make the step up to me, Villa revolved around Benteke, Liverpool don't. Grass wasn't greener was it.

Fulford - 19/1/2016 14:15

I keep saying get him back on loan

How much of his current £140k a week wage would we pay? I think it would be an absolutely fantastic move and would create a real buzz. So fuck the Debuchey deal. Use the £1.2m fee to pay Bentekes wage for 3 months.

The romantics behind Benteke coming back to save us one more time are to sexy for our board to even consider. He's not French enough..

He left with respect and big money, I'm sad for him it isn't working out. As fans we all said Liverpool wasn't the right club for him and it's a shame to see. If he went to United like linked, I bet they would be on fire.

The Mad Ox - 19/1/2016 15:42

The romantics behind Benteke coming back to save us one more time are to sexy for our board to even consider. He's not French enough..

He left with respect and big money, I'm sad for him it isn't working out. As fans we all said Liverpool wasn't the right club for him and it's a shame to see. If he went to United like linked, I bet they would be on fire.

French is his 1st language isn't it? Plus the dickheads in charge probably don't even know what nationality he his anyway. That would take some small amount of football knowledge on their part.

We are a long way from that FA cup semi aren't we?

The Benteke song after that game when he was celebrating made me cry.

Now look at us

Robbie keane left to join Liverpool but went back to spurs after 6 monhts, if memory serves me correct that was their famous 2 points from 8 games start, so they were probably in a fairly shit position in Jan.

Benteke does have his Belgium place to play for, balotelli went back to AC Milan who are in relative terms struggling in Italy, I wouldn't rule it out.

As things stand Liverpool have a 30mil player eating up 6mil a year in wages so will have to sell him at a massive loss based on what he's done recently, or hope he has some form at villa then they can sell him for more money.

Even if it doesn't work out, if we try to get him it will show some genuine intent to stay up even if it doesn't happen, we could also offer them guzan as part of any deal since their sub keeper is beyond shite

Benteke is a huge yes please! Could you just imagine the fans(and his) reaction?

I'm sure at the moment that he would love to come back home, play every game and get hero status again.

The only problem is we are as creative as Ray Wilkins crossed with Mark Kinsella and add a bit of Djemba Djemba.

For us getting Benteke back is very appealing, but is it for him? He's probably still adjusting to their style of play, you can't write a player off after 4 months, - they're in europe, got a cup semi final next week and probably a final next month, what can we offer him other than game time? To be honest I think we need to forget about Benteke, he's gone.

It was interesting that Klopp said he had met Tekkers personally in 2013 when he was manager of dortmund with a view to buying him. Now if he wasn't given permission by us isn't this a case of tapping up.

Benteke ain't coming back, he tried to leave every year he was with us! There's so many other teams ahead of us. He'd be a quality signing for Stoke if they had the balls to really go for it.