Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 277 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

Fair play to Oxford today. The nearest pro club to me and know quite a few that go. A league 2 team but they looked everything that we are not. Pace, passion, commitment, actually passed it progressively forward. They genuinely looked a better side than we have all season.

Ballon D'or goes to Messi.
Not one premier league player got into the team of the year.
Best league in the world my arse.

With the money the PL has why does it never have any TOTY players in it? Kinda baffling, you think all of the top European talent would be looking for a piece of the pie financially.

Must be the weather. It is glaring that the top top players never come to england. Thinking of the recent ballon winners. Zidane, kaka, ronaldinho, figo, rivaldo, fat ronaldo, cannavaro. All never played in england. Closest is thin ronaldo who didn't win it until moving to real.

Newcastle buying Jonjo Shelvey for around £12 million. Seems a bit pricey to me, but could chip in with a few goals and assists and put them out of our reach.

Razz35 - 12/1/2016 16:49

Newcastle buying Jonjo Shelvey for around £12 million. Seems a bit pricey to me, but could chip in with a few goals and assists and put them out of our reach.

Even Sunderland are out of our reach.....................

:21: :94: :94:

PL .... best league in the world, no chance. Shelvey ... £12m, what a ridiculous amount of money these average players cost, TV money being pissed up the wall

Not sure if this the best/correct place for this, but came across this 'interesting' data re the cost during the season (2014-15) to each PL club of their injuries.

Bad luck, or poor conditioning?

Attachments

• injuries.jpg
    injuries.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 0
JW85 - 9/1/2016 15:54

Erod - 9/1/2016 15:25

Bournemouth paying 10 mil for Afobi

Bournemouth , 12,000 gates , what does it say, not only for Wolves , but Albilon Blues and us.

The have also loaned a Roma winger.

Russian billionaire has been backing them for a few years. Might be bitterness but a wolves supporting pal at work claims afobe has been shit most of this season and he's delighted at getting so much money for him. Ituribe isn't much cop either from what I've seen of him.

Also absolutely pissed away 7 million(!!!) on Grabban. Norwich got robbed at 3mil, then he barely plays for a year and they more than double their money.

Bournemouth seem to be spending very poorly.

villasince67 - 12/1/2016 12:20

PL .... best league in the world, no chance. Shelvey ... £12m, what a ridiculous amount of money these average players cost, TV money being pissed up the wall

Read somewhere that the prices now are good value because next year the values will sky rocket due to the new money.