Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

Monaco / France, not technically correct. It is a principality in its own right, but is tied into France economically.

ie: if any person from any other country live there, they pay no tax, however French people DO , thus a lot of the F1 stars like Rosberg live there, but the French ones (like Grosjean) don't

Hughes to Stoke looks a good appointment to me. He should be able to make them into a solid mid-table team.

Thomas Holte - 30/5/2013 23:42

BodyButter - 30/5/2013 14:39

Hughes to Stoke looks a good appointment to me. He should be able to make them into a solid mid-table team.

That's what QPR thought :35:

Indeed. It could always go tits up for him but QPR seem like a basket case. I can't imagine that Hughes was the one signing Green and then Cesar but you never know.

I wonder is there any chance of Hughes taking Ireland off our hands. It was under hughes had his wonder season.

I heard today that Madrid are getting Bale but may loan him back to spuds for a season to get the deal thru

Mouriniho back to Chelsea. If this happens and it looks like it will, will be very interesting. They say you should never go back so wonder how long he will last.

I can't see madrid paying huge money and then loaning him back.
Mouriniho is going to be an interesting side story of the prem next season, things could really be turned on their head with the managerial merry go round and transfers.

Yep it should be a cracking season next year. Really looking forward to it for the first time in ages. As long as few keep Tekkers and sign some decent players ill be happy.

The neutrals are on onside too now. Everyone I speak to nowadays is bigging up our chances of becoming a quality outfit in a few years, if we hold onto our players.

Gonna be weird to see no fergie at united, no moyes at everton, new city and Chelsea managers. The top 6 could go anyway. Spurs as an outside bet if they keep bale and buy well.

Plus holloway and mourinho will be back spouting crap on the tv

Falcao to Monaco

anyone else confused by this deal? one of europes top strikers has gone to a team just promoted to the ligue 1.
 This is a player who apparently had interest from Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man City and Juventus. Instead of joining a top european club, he has joined an unknown team in a poor league. Monaco have been taken over by a Russian billionaire, but still will a player throw away what could be an amazing career for a bit more money, a player of his ability would be looking at £100k p/w minimum at any club anyway. Atletico Madrid is a much better club than Monaco. Maybe im just naive but is that all players care about? Falcao could win the premier league, champions league and instead goes to a tiny french club who arent in the champions league just happen to pay him a lot of money. I don't think monaco will win the champions league in the near future, clubs like Barca or Real or Man U or Bayern have the history and are the biggest clubs around as well as the money, so they will only be able to go so far (unless they go on a lucky cup run). Then theres the issue of how long before the guy in charge either gets bored, or realises paying hundreds of millions in transfers and god knows how much in wages isn't profitable especially in the French league which lacks a substantial TV and sponsorship package like in England.

He wants to go to Real, but he doesn't want to be disrespectful to Athletico - they HATE each other, as any Villa fan that went in 98 will tell you.

Therefore, he is having a year tax free year in Monaco, and this time next year, will join Real.

As for Hughes, don't get me wrong, the news just keeps getting better and better for Villa, but I am gobsmacked. Sack a bloke who has done wonders for your club, blame it on his style of play, then replace him with a bloke who plays the same way, for worse results and spends double the amount to do it in.

If he takes Ireland, can we set up a party at the Holte Pub please !!

I read something awhile back speculating about Falcao having some agents/owners/slavers who decided for him that Monaco was his new team. (a bit like the Tevez fiasos) Apparently, his investors got a better return on their investment at Monaco and don't really care where he plays or if he wins trophies.

Falcao came on the scene pretty late at FC Porto, he is what now 27? So he is probably just making the most of the silly money someone is sticking in his face and thinking of his family, i would do the same tbh putting my kids first, thats the only thing i can think of tbh

Must admit, with managerial changes to ManU, Chelski and Titty, to name only the big three, I'm quite looking forward to next season already :D