Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

Here CDX dude is the link they have also signed derek Boeteng aswell as Amoriebieta,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22627066

CDX_EIRE - 22/5/2013 20:59

It wouldnt be so stupid only Wilfred Bony is their second target if they dont get Carroll... A guy who is far superior IMO Carroll was great once upon a time but that was one season, which makes the 35m signing even more ridiculous looking back on it...

I'm sure I remember reading that bony was on the verge of signing for us on loan last summer before vitesse pulled the plug on the deal at the last minute.

I dont know much about the Boateng fella I think we were linked with him before?

I did see that Bony thing before alright I heard as well he would replace Benteke if we were to sell him...
True or not we've been linked with two strikers (last summer) who've had great seasons (Bony 30 odd goals I think and Aubameyang 19 league goals)... Both similar to Benteke big tall, powerful guys with great technique... I find that interesting...

I watch a fair amount of french football and aubameyangs usually played on the right wing of a 433 with a tall, strong mobile center forward. Imagine him on one side and gabby on the other linking with benteke.

well if Everton, Liverpool and Villa weren't big enough for Martinez last time he was linked with a move away from Wigan, then maybe he's replacing Mourinho at Real Madrid lol. Mancs clubs and Chelski seem to have their new managers sorted, will be interesting to see who goes to Stoke and Everton, and if more Premiership managers move on during the close season. Maybe Lambert diced with danger last season but hopefully second season he can kick us on and get us back as the Midlands' top dogs and guide us into the top 10.

tempted to bet on swansea to go down next season. Barely won a game since they won the league cup, they don't have a great side and they definitely don't have strength in depth to cope with Europa League as well. De Guzman is only on loan and not 100% convinced on Michu. If Laudrup leaves for Everton or somewhere else, will Swansea get a good enough manager to replace him? Not sure. I like Laudrup so I think if he stays they will finish 12-15th next season but if he goes and they end up with some one like Tony Pulis (that would be funny) they'd go down

I said Villa should buy Aubameyang last season. I went to the Ricoh for the olympic football and he was one of the few that actually looked decent, but i knew about him long before the olympics anyway.

Why aren't I a scout for villa? Lambert if your reading this please give me a job.

I had a look at Martinez stats since he joined Wigan, well when he turned us down I think we had a very lucky escape. Joined them in 2009 and he has a win ratio under 30%, relegation struggle every year and finally gone down this year. Yes they won the FA cup but that is it. I would not want to sacrifice our place in the top flight for a cup win. I think it is the Whelan hype, he talks his managers up so much that people start to believe him. He did the same with Steve Bruce, now hands up all those who would like to see him at Villla Park. :10: :10:

Amorebieta is an interesting one. He will come in on fairly high wages and there is nothing to say he is going to be a success here. He has a shocking disciplinary record as well so will probably get sent off a few times. It could be a brilliant signing though.

astonion - 23/5/2013 15:48

I had a look at Martinez stats since he joined Wigan, well when he turned us down I think we had a very lucky escape.

I think what he has done there has been massively under-appreciated by the average football supporter...

He started Swansea off too dont forget...

Martinez didn't get offered the dippers job and we didn't approach him the second time around. I get the feeling he is too soft for a big club.

tarzan - 23/5/2013 21:54

Martinez didn't get offered the dippers job and we didn't approach him the second time around. I get the feeling he is too soft for a big club.

I think he needs a project not a team already setup and ready to go... We were (and are) a project both at the time we approached Martinez and last summer, we would have been almost perfect for what he wanted...
Stoke is where he should go they are a project and a daunting one at that especially when you consider the contrast in styles... He either goes to Spain, stays with Wigan or goes to Stoke anything else is a step backwards... I cant see Everton offering him the position and I dont think it would suit him...

Anyone noticed people banging on about Chelski changing managers and selling the likes of Sturridge, hasn't done them any harm has it?

Now there is two old proper clubs, Leeds and Forest what teams they used to have in the 90's, and 00's Leeds, i would like those two clubs to get promoted tbh as i used to luv watching us play them at VP always good games,

Martinez needs to go to Malaga and prove to th world he is as amazing as Whelan his grandad keeps telling us all, i will be surprised if Everton don't go in for him tbh he is ideal for them working on tight budgets etc but not exactly this so called ''massive club'' whelan led us to beleive he would join ;)

The Everton gig is a nightmare imo. Moyes did so fantastic job that could not be improved on.

Why do you fuckers have to have a different bank holiday than Ireland I was looking forward to watching the playoff final but its on monday... Damn you England!