Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

They have too much quality to go down, but he may change things too quickly like the mighty Lamberto

Its kind of funny the same people here who more or less called Wigan a mickey mouse team who have no right in the league are saying Martinez is a bad manager because he couldnt sort turn them into Mid table nobodies...

Wigan get how many fans a week, 15 at a push? They have the cheapest tickets around and have managed to keep it together in the league for 8 seasons... They get hardly any wage or transfer budget and have lost the best player every year... And he's managed to keep them in the league with fuck all investment in the team all while playing good football...

Unfortunately for him unless he keeps them top 6 year after year they will say he has underachieved... I dont think he is a bad manager at all he started the Swans revolution dont forget...

They had around 50 million reasonswhy they should have ended up higher than the newly promoted teams. As soon as one of those teams (West Ham) had a bit of money, they were gone. Because he looks nice in a suit, and he seems a nice guy, the guy seems to be the darling of the media.

We will now see what a "great" manager he really is. I predict Everton to finish roughly where we are this year, he will then have a bad start tp the following season, and will be gone.

Co-incidence that Bruce got Wigan to upper half, left, has now brought Hull up and swapped positions with Wigan, I don't think so.

Steve Bruce say no more... A poor mans Mark Hughes that lad... Id certainly have Martinez over him and Id take him at Villa just to see the look on Holtelowers face when he posts it on the board... :17:

Did someone mention Steve Bruce, well here is footage of him doing pre-season talk on his holiday

[youtube=qrt1ho9xNpw]

I hope Martinez goes to Everton and is a disaster, and they finish bottom, then take any two of the three coming up also going down and we can look forward to building our club into one of the great teams in the premier.

I'd like to see how Spuds get on without Bale. How many games did he win for them last season? Seems like all of them! Seriously, would they be mid-table without him?

I'm interested to see what happens to Monaco. They won Ligue 2 but, as things stand, have been banned from Ligue 1 because they are not registered in France, despite playing in the French leagues for nearly a century. This legislation is a typical bit of gallic spite, the other teams are terrified of Monaco's vast wealth under their billionaire Russian owner. The case is now going through the courts and hasn't stopped Monaco spending over 100m in transfer fees over recent weeks in preparation for next season.

If they do lose Bale they will have a hefty wad of cash to compensate. How they get on will depend how they spend it.

Saurat - 29/5/2013 12:01

I'm interested to see what happens to Monaco. They won Ligue 2 but, as things stand, have been banned from Ligue 1 because they are not registered in France, despite playing in the French leagues for nearly a century. This legislation is a typical bit of gallic spite, the other teams are terrified of Monaco's vast wealth under their billionaire Russian owner. The case is now going through the courts and hasn't stopped Monaco spending over 100m in transfer fees over recent weeks in preparation for next season.

Agreed -amazing happenings at Monaco. It is this sort of situation that the Financial Fair Play rules were brought in to prevent

Wow Monaco have been kicked out of Ligue 1? Didn't know that, crazy so i take it Monaco is an isle of its own or something as i never realised tbh and yes i am thick before you say so ;)

I was hoping all of those Monacos, PSGs and Man Citys would form their own Oil Billionaire's Super-Duper League-ah. There seem to be enough of them about these days. Then the rest of the normal teams could go back to paying their players 2 and 6 and only signing lads who lived within walking distance.

Cheers BB never realised dude always thought Monaco was southern france, see this is why i only got a D in geography at school, but i am good with flags of countries lol

would luv to see the league back to the old days not knowing who would win the league

ClivetheVillan - 29/5/2013 15:49
would luv to see the league back to the old days not knowing who would win the league

Here here Clive matey :14:

Monaco is a Principality Clive, a City State bordered by France and the Med, second smallest country in the world, next to the Vatican.

Also there is the Grand Dutchy of Fenwick ruled over by Bobo .. They made a documentary about it called "the mouse that roared" ..........

Also there is the Grand Dutchy of Fenwick ruled over by Bobo .. They made a documentary about it called "the mouse that roared" ..........