Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

CDX, think of it, though, next Monday when all the Brits are working, you'll have a day off. Hope the weather keeps fine!

I know BBJ but I like my football and I would have liked to watch that match...

I hope Palace come up despite Holloway being disrespectful to us once upon a time he is hilarious...

Never realised teh irish have a different BHoliday to us, i think Watford could do em tbh, they got some decent quality there, Palace have that Gareth Williams 22 year old midfielder i like him so i hope we get him if they fail to get promoted tbh

There are just the two that are different, Clive - instead of the last Monday in May, it's the first in June. And August bank is the first rather than last Monday.
Oh, and there are two addtional ones - St Patrick's Day (17th March) and the last Monday in October.
As regards who comes up, I don't really mind, only hoping that next season we get 6 points off them!

We just love to be different Clive... I remember when I lived in England and I found out I wasnt going to get Paddys day off it was the most depressing day of work while I was over there but when I finished work it was easily the most enjoyable drink Iv had on a paddys day...

I was watching the Dutch playoff today there were a few cracks in that game... Didnt spot any talen tho...

So Booby Martinez has flown the coop, no doubt to "one of the biggest clubs in Europe", Stoke? What will rentaquote Whelan do now now to get on the BBC?

Not sure how Everton equates to Real Madrid. Be interesting how he follows the turd polisher at the Toffees, not much scope for improvement there - money talks at the top end.

I'm over the moon with this. 2 of my best mates are Everton fans so looking forward to seeing them in a relegation battle next season.

Agree re the toffees, half of my mates support them so i've got a bit of a soft spot for them, in a few ways they are similar to Villa too. They've had it great for the past 5 odd years though.

My annual visit to goodison with the brother in law could be a different atmosphere going forward.

Well Martinez is supposed to be this great manager that should be at Manuireor Barca lol lets see what he does with a top 6 side in the premier league, i think he will keep them mid table ish tbh they have good players and a good scout network so he will be ok imo

Good news for us, you can add Everton and Stoke to the relegation battlers from next year.

Mystified on this media love in for Martinez, I'd be distraught if he took over Villa. Apparently he has done well at Wigan as he has to sell his main players - well I can't see it being any different at Everton.

He'll be sacked before Jan. 15.

Martinez is a 50/50 for me. Barring being in serious shit, he has a couple of old reliables to save his neck in 'a season of transition' and 'he'll be alright once he brings in a few of his own players'.

Brendan Rodgers might be in trouble if Liverpool get off to a bad start.

Moyes overachieved with everton so the new manager will be under pressure to do the same. Add in the likelihood of Fellaini and Baines leaving, an aging squad and limited money available to rebuild. Agree with Holte that he could be gone by jan.

One thing that surprises me is managers being promoted from within the league. The PL seemed to have done away with that, drafting in foreign managers like Mancini rather than looking to grow their own. Managers in other leagues worked their way up and were then brought into the PL leaving a glass ceiling for British managers. I hope that Moyes succeeds with Utd so that more British managers get a chance.

Of they lose Felatio and Baines to Utd they'll be up the proverbial from day 1. could see then having a season like Newcastle

Can't see Everton being able to switch to 3-4-3 very easily without baines or Fellini either. Losing moyes is a massive blow. 11 years is a long time to be at the club, the players are settled under his regime, the whole squad only know the moyes way. The wrong guy in charge could easily cause a mutiny and if changes are made too quickly it could disrupt them. Luckily Martinez seems to get on well with his players, it's a great step up for him but could go horribly wrong.