Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 316 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

The perfect end to a lovely weekend...Villa play below par and win, two goals in injury time make for carnage in the away end, our rivals all drop points and Wolves seemingly on their way to an FA Cup final and bigging themselves up even more, if that's possible, somehow contrive to lose a two goal lead....all is well with the world at Langoe Towers tonight as well as a few other 'Vital' abodes no doubt! :wahey:

Back in 75-76, Northampton and Taylor's Lincoln were vying for the old 4th Div title. Lincoln are a well supported lower Div team and the game at Sincil Bank was a proper hairy, old school 70's mash up off and on the pitch I can tell you :guns:

MK Dons is a great place to go as a lower Div team on the up. As it's only 20 miles away, a couple of seasons ago, Northampton took 12 000. That's 4000 more than can fit into Sixfields :grinning:

Still is hairy at Lincoln mate

I'm chuffed for Watford and for Lincoln this weekend, God bless you Graham, you were a man amongst men.

Watched a decent film on BT Sport the other day about Wimbledons Crazy Gang. With all the talk of bullying cultures at football clubs these days I'm surprised nothing has come out about them. It looks mental watching it back - Big John Fashanu comes across like a right tnuc and to think I used to chant his name!
Funny tale about how Bruce ended up with his strange snozzer as well, one game Fash gave him an elbow and spread it across his face, 10 minutes later another player knocked it across the other side. Unbelieveable to think what wasnt much better than a Sunday league outfit climbed all the way through the ranks up to the top flight, and with no sugar daddy financing it either.

I keep an eye on AFC Wimbledon's results. I love a plucky underdog story. It looks like the might win their relegation battle this season after looking dead and buried a few weeks ago.

I keep an eye on AFC Wimbledon's results. I love a plucky underdog story. It looks like the might win their relegation battle this season after looking dead and buried a few weeks ago.

Got a lot of sympathy for them after they were fucked over by Milton Keynes and the FA.

Two incredible achievements. Conference to the top flight and FA Cup glory in the 80's. Then rising from the lowest non league status back to League football and Div 1 in the 00's. Both feats take some doing for a club with limited resources.

Back to Plough Lane next - fair play to them I say.:clap:

I was at Wembley yesterday as my Dad's a Watford fan. On tube back we were chatting to some Wolves fans and it came out I was a Villa fan. First comment, "Mind the gap" so I replied saying it was rather wide when we scored 4 to their 1. They left it at that point!