Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 315 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

10,000 more Brighton fans than City fans. What a bunch of tossers.

To be fair, this was their FOURTH game at Wembley so far this year and have a couple two away games in London imminent.

The reason I got to the semi v Chelsea back in MO'N years was because people were holding out on the Final after already doing the League Cup Final there.

To be fair, this was their FOURTH game at Wembley so far this year and have a couple two away games in London imminent.

The reason I got to the semi v Chelsea back in MO'N years was because people were holding out on the Final after already doing the League Cup Final there.
Never had empty seats when semi finals were held at grounds other than Wembley. Yes I know it has a bigger capacity but the use of it as a semi final venue has taken away the special day out feeling, and added to the cost except for London fans.
It also has the neusiating sight of the empty corporate section as soon as the bar opens, if it was ever full in the first place.

With the size of stadiums like Old Trafford, Emirates, White Hart Lane there isn’t much need to use Wembley for Semis IMO. It makes reaching that stage as some great achievement and takes something away from the final itself. Can’t see it ever changing though, too much money in it for the FA

Well done Lincoln, I had the pleasure of meeting a Lincoln fan yesterday and they were taking 6000 fans to mk dons today, lovely bloke and as big a Graham Taylor fan as me. ?

Back in 75-76, Northampton and Taylor's Lincoln were vying for the old 4th Div title. Lincoln are a well supported lower Div team and the game at Sincil Bank was a proper hairy, old school 70's mash up off and on the pitch I can tell you :guns:

MK Dons is a great place to go as a lower Div team on the up. As it's only 20 miles away, a couple of seasons ago, Northampton took 12 000. That's 4000 more than can fit into Sixfields :grinning:

The semi finals at Wembley is something I've always hated. Of course the greatest semi final venue is of course Villa Park.

Watched a decent film on BT Sport the other day about Wimbledons Crazy Gang. With all the talk of bullying cultures at football clubs these days I'm surprised nothing has come out about them. It looks mental watching it back - Big John Fashanu comes across like a right tnuc and to think I used to chant his name!
Funny tale about how Bruce ended up with his strange snozzer as well, one game Fash gave him an elbow and spread it across his face, 10 minutes later another player knocked it across the other side. Unbelieveable to think what wasnt much better than a Sunday league outfit climbed all the way through the ranks up to the top flight, and with no sugar daddy financing it either.

Honestly don’t blame the Man City fans staying away, been there how many times in recent years? More than likely they were going to make the final, rubbish kick off time for getting home etc. Although they’ve got a great team and coach, they’re still not a massive club like their neighbours. Hold the semis at Cardiff and the final at Wembley, hosting the semis and final at Wembley really kills the big day out final buzz for me. Getting to a Wembley final should be part of the prize as it used to be. There are many great grounds to use in this country nowadays as well as Cardiff, it already is a great ground obviously but a new and bigger north stand at Villa Park would put us right up there with the best. You might not get as many fans as at Wembley but then at least those who absolutely deserve to go will go, not all these bandwagon wolves fans that have appeared from nowhere.

It looks like the Dingles are almost out...... from 2-0 up to 3-2 down deep into extra time.
Mind the gap!! Ha Ha Ha!!

The super football guru that is Nuno completely screwed up by taking Neves off with 15 minutes to go as they thought that they had it won. Arrogant tosser got what he deserved.

Just hope Watford do a job on Citeh now

Was never bothered by wolves until they started spamming up the vital villa twitter with mind the gap. They bored me rigid in the end!

Kept saying to them I couldn't understand their obsession and that for me it wasn't reciprocated! But also was just amazed they weren't lapping up every minute of their own team playing such great football because they'd not seen any of that for decades.