Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 779 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Josh Onomah scored a cracker yesterday in the play offs. Another player we should have held on to? I didn't think it at the time, but he's been an ever present for Fulham this season
Crazy suggestion, the guy didn’t look that good for us in the championship why on earth would we want him now

Edit - sorry thought this was the transfer thread and that was a recommendation! Still think Onomah was poor. He started well but then gave up not sure on his mentality or his overall ability either

On the same pitch was Leo Bacuna, Joe Bennett and Josh Onomah... that says it all about the standard of the teams.

Onamah looked better than he did for us as the ball was on the floor more, with players around him comfortable to pass it and move. But it was slower than the prem where your options are more limited. Anyway he’s in the past
Bacuna..... The horror!!!

Only he's been clean for over a year now. Attends rehab meetings 3+ times a week. Watch the Harry's Heroes show on ITV Player to understand a bit more of the journey he's on to deal with his demons.

Yeah I did see that, I loved merse as a player and feel for him he’s gone through a lot
Mentally. I was listening to a podcast where he also talked about how nervous he used to get before games which meant he nearly gave up if I remember correctly at a young age. I don’t agree with the drink driving which caused an accident on the motorway though, let himself down there.

Magical player, terrible pundit.

Last edited:
Yeah I did see that, I loved merse as a player and feel for him he’s gone through a lot
Mentally. I was listening to a podcast where he also talked about how nervous he used to get before games which meant he nearly gave up if I remember correctly at a young age. I don’t agree with the drink driving which caused an accident on the motorway though, let himself down there.

Magical player, terrible pundit.

So you know all that but still referenced he may have made his comments regarding Stones whilst under some form of influence.

If you've seen and heard from him regarding his issues and loved him as a player why on earth would you make the comment that you did?!

In fairness Tierney, knowing Dan but not speaking for him.

I'd say the comment was muchly along the lines of those of us who say we'd buy God a pint without it meaning anything deeper than our gratitude for him. In this case, anyone suggesting Stones is a reliable signing.

So you know all that but still referenced he may have made his comments regarding Stones whilst under some form of influence.

If you've seen and heard from him regarding his issues and loved him as a player why on earth would you make the comment that you did?!

I didn’t realise it would offend so much, it was only a joke!

These ex players are getting the gigs because of their personalities, likeable characters and good careers on the pitch, whether they keep up and research the game or not. For whatever reason then, he isn’t an expert on the game I give any time to. Moving on...

Bournemouth accept £41m offer from Man City for Nathan Ake according to sky sports news... Jeez big money for him, should have no problems in the second tier with all that money.