Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 106 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

The fuss on talkshite earlier about Wembley being sold. Couldn't care less. Should never have been re-built. It may have the name but its a generic stadium that just happens to be on the site of the old Wembley. It has no affinity to that grand old stadium apart from the name.
They lost my interest when they failed to incorporate the towers in any redesign. Thats the iconic feature that would have linked old with new. Like i said Wembley in name only .

Atletico haven’t conceded at home since mid January, done well since they’ve moved house and been mostly solid all season. Can’t see Arsenal progressing after conceding the away goal tonight

Last edited:
Read a pretty good article re. Wembley. The FA haven’t owned Wembley for all that long really so it’s not that big a deal, just going back to how it was before the new one was built. It’ll mean the FA cup semis being played away from Wembley again, when we got there a few years ago for me the final lost some of its gloss after being there a few weeks earlier so that’s good news as part of getting to the final will be playing at Wembley. England will play some games on the road again, again years ago I liked it when England played at Villa Park, Old Trafford etc. I haven’t been arsed to go and watch England at the new Wembley for ages now, I went to the 2 Scotland games in recent years (the friendly and qualifier) but in general I can’t be bothered to go especially the friendlies. And of course the sale of the ground will mean money going back into the game rather than the upkeep of the stadium, let someone else worry about that. It’s just a stadium at the end of the day, it’ll still be the home of football but it won’t make much money from the odd England game and cup final so doesn’t bother me if the NFL wanna play a few matches there, I certainly won’t be watching them.

It’ll mean the FA cup semis being played away from Wembley again, when we got there a few years ago for me the final lost some of its gloss after being there a few weeks earlier

The final lost its gloss for me when Arsenal scored their 3rd and 4th goals.
:surrender:

England will remain at Wembley, it'll be in the deal - lose too much wonga by going back to grounds around the country even though that's exactly what it should be.

Genius move if he gets the accounting right, the Wembley purchase falls outside of Fulham, BUT if Fulham use they get the uplift and sponsorship for nominal fee for FFP purposes without the cost falling under football related expenditure.

Question is if they sell does the taxpayer get their money back unlike that wankstain that is West Ham's London Stadium?

Pretty sure in the same article it said something about public money being waived so long as money from the sale is invested into grassroots football

Pretty sure in the same article it said something about public money being waived so long as money from the sale is invested into grassroots football
Pathetic decision if true. The taxpayer funds football as a choice, we're back to idiots insisting on a tampon tax just so they can donate to charity rather than abolishing it which is the right decision.

I don't want my tax waved so it goes into grass roots football anymore than I would for it to go into competitive fishing.

The public money was put into Wembley to give us a national stadium. Period. Not so that it could be sold off to fill the coffers of the FA for whatever they want to spend it on.

If it is sold off, then the public money should be refunded. In fact, you'd hope there were some strings attached to the funds to enforce that; I bet there weren't.

The stadium should have been built in the Midlands anyway.

Imagine being a fan of the Jacksonville jaguars, bad enough one of your home games per season is played in London but potentially leaving home entirely... terrible

Last edited:
Imagine being a fan of the Jacksonville jaguars, bad enough one of your home games per season is played in London but potentially leaving home entirely... terrible

Like some of the things about the NFL - the draft pick seeding in an attempt to stop domination by the same teams. However, the idea of moving "franchises" from city to city is abhorrant to any true sports fan. Surely sport's connection with identity and community is at the root of supporter psychology? My support of Villa connects me geographically and historically to my family roots. If I was a Fulham fan, fucked if I'd want to move from West to North London to sit in a sterile bowl. Success at any cost - no thanks, not for me.

Look at MK Dons, universally disliked for jumping the pyramid system. In rugby, London Wasps turning up in Coventy ( the owners of the Ricoh Arena are a shameful bunch of profiteering scum) Imagine Dr X saying we're moving to Shanghai because we'd make more money.:shake::wagging:

I had a £1 free bet given to me today so I've had -

Sunderland to win, Both teams to score, Sunderland to get 5+ corners and Fulham to get 30+ booking points @ 250/1

Easy money... ;)