Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 102 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Yup - mathematically down even though it's not yet mathematical because of the future fixture.

They can't bridge the gap now as even a loss for others still won't be enough. It rattled around my head as well with maths not being a strong point lol

Be interesting to see how Cardiff or Fulham react to being in the playoffs. One will be in them after huge efforts this year. How much will it effect them missing out so late in the day. Possibly on the final day of the regular season. Could be significant.

Be interesting to see how Cardiff or Fulham react to being in the playoffs. One will be in them after huge efforts this year. How much will it effect them missing out so late in the day. Possibly on the final day of the regular season. Could be significant.

Agree MD and of course Fulham were there last year and failed at the first hurdle despite being the stand out team.....that'll be in their minds I'm sure if they miss out on auto. An exciting, nerve wracking, head spinning few weeks await us.......

I actually fear Boro more than Cardiff or Fulham , one step at a time lads .
Cardiff are just thugs and Fulham are a team but Boro , like us are a bunch of expensive players who on their day can win a game with a flash of brilliance .

Happy to see Sunderland go down I've an irrational dislike of them

Worst side in the prem for years and now the worst side in the Championship , they actually deserve to go down again . Even Lewis Grabban's goals wouldn't have kept them up . Most fickle fans as well , disguising themselves as pink seats

Nothing against Sunderland personally. They've been in a sad state for years for which I blame the owner, primarily. They need a radical rebuild; the "experienced" players they have are not doing it. League 1 isn't a bad place to do it.

Not sure if this is the right thread but just thinking out loud here. Looking at little Burnley doing so well in the prem with the likes of Westwood and Lowton starting regularly. Got me thinking we have too many players with an ego thinking “alright I’ve made it, I’m playing for the Villa we are a big team”. If someone like Dyche can take Burnley up to 7th in the prem and with a shoe string budget compared to us, with players deemed not good enough to play for us, where does it keep going wrong with the Villa?

Get where you are coming from with Burnley , winning the league as 7th is the new 1st but they are just as likely to be relegated next season as any other of the 13 teams in that league .
On Westwood I believe he's only started the last few games , Hardly got a look in since he's been there.
I do like Dyche as a manager an he's got them punching above their weight , problem he'd have at Villa is that "we" expect to be up there and the pressure would be higher . Burnley have a backs to the wall little club against the world mentality . Which will eventually see them back down again