Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 100 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Vieira and Petit in Arsenal's midfield were awesome. Totally focused. Vieira sometimes dragged the team through on his own. Think Arsenal could do worse than go for him as manager. He had a good stint in charge of football development at Man C before taking over at New York City.

Come to think if it, if Bruce did go we could do worse ....

Last edited:
Based on the second half performance I don’t fancy facing Fulham in a few weeks, we’ll definitely have to take our chances unlike Millwall

Either Millwall are nowhere near as good as has been made out recently or Fulham are very very good.

I think the latter. I could not see us (on our current very patchy form and how we have been all season ) going to Millwall on a friday night with a full house and winning 3-0 like they have tonight. I really hope Fulham go up in second.

Very interesting article on Wolves here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43800680

Very interesting. Worth a read.

Particularly this bit from the chairman:
"When I came here people told me the Championship was about physicality, resilience and endurance. Also there was a formula about the squad and how many fresh players you needed. I can understand that. Many teams have been promoted through that formula.

"But you cannot copy other teams. If you want to stay in the Premier League and flourish, you have to play good football. It is hard but that mindset has come partly through my talk with Jorge."

The word 'partly' there is key when it comes to accusations of Jorge's influence - allied to the fact under half (I think) signed are on his books - irrespective of Fosun's shares in the company.

I'm not actually seeing an issue the more I think about it...Mourinho and Pogba share agents I think, and he's always been well involved at Man U for example.

The curiosity in that quote comes from 'told me in the Champ......stay in the Premier League' elements.

Feels like there's a missing set of words.

Either Millwall are nowhere near as good as has been made out recently or Fulham are very very good.

Yes, Millwall have over-achieved this season, as have Sheff United, when you consider they both only got promoted last summer. Millwall may hang on for the play-offs, but it wouldn't surprise me if their crazy run ended now.

Fulham, however, are easily the second-best team in this division after the Dingles.

True we'd give our right arms for 10 trophies in 20 years .
Arsenal fans are like all Sky fans think they have a divine right to win things , There's a generation of them grown up knowing nothing but success
Wait until they've had 15 to 20 years for the shite we've had then they'll have something to moan about

Given last nights performance, we better pray that Cardiff slip or another year in the Championship beckons I'm afraid. Think we had our miracle against Wolves. Sincerely hope I'm wrong because I'm really looking forward to being battered by the top half of the Premiership :shake:
To paraphrase Blur - Modern football is rubbish.

It’s safe to say we’re finishing 4th barring some major upset later between cardiff and forest, at least I can take the Tuesday off work now for the second leg. On the bright side, at least our season is a bit longer

If anyone can knock Fulham out at the play off semi final stage it is Brentford. They have Barnsley and Hull to play so could well get 6th. Villa v Brentford final it is then ?

Just watched the FA Cup Semi. Tottenham still haven’t learnt from their capitulation at Chelsea two years ago. As soon as ManUre scored it was all nasty fouls and arguing...

Here’s a prediction for the World Cup - Dele Alli to get sent off for a stupid tackle at a crucial phase.... following in the footsteps of Beckham and Rooney before him...

Yep, and when Alli gets sent off it'll be "you can't take that away from his game".

To be fair, nobody made excuses for Beckham, rather the reverse.

They are such a small-time outfit, in the image of their small-time manager. On the verge of promotion and there's hardly anyone there. Maybe the Cardiff public appreciate good football and want nothing to do with Colin and his mob :lol: