Olympic Games | Page 4 | Vital Football

Olympic Games

Well I’ve cheered up today with a positive torrent of medals. Managed to watch the Taekwando Gold medal fight whilst on Teams meeting without anyone apparently noticing which has set a marker for the rest of my week. Having seen us get two Silvers in Taekwando it’s pretty narrow margins between winning & losing.

Yes been a veritable sackload of medals today.
Taekwondo is definitely very tight. In both finals we've had someone in, we led with seconds to go. Jade was also ahead and level before finally losing for once.
Great sport with medals going to all sorts of countries including Jordan, Egypt and Wales (again).

Triathlon had an hilarious false start...half the swimmers diving into the sea, half still stood there! Was a bit surprised how short the event was though. Thought at Olympic level they'd make it much longer for each stage.

Oh and Adam Peaty...seriously supreme.
I fully expect him to now also win gold in Boxing and Weightlifting and probably a few others if he wanted to.

Having started this thread indicating something of a not arsed attitude over the competition I found myself up at nearly half three this morning to watch Peaty's win. I then find myself spending the best part of three hours watching mens gymnastics and taekwondo this afternoon.
It does drag you in

A late equaliser by Man City’s Caroline Weir, which took a wicked deflection was enough for GB women to top the group … well done ladies 👏🏻
2084E339-D7D0-403C-B112-AE37C3358FF2.jpeg

Dancing horses on
Fair play to the horses. They've obviously spent many years at ballet school.
Not sure why they need a human sat on them as well.

Surprised they don't have horses dancing in pairs...horse tango coming soon to an olympics near you...

Returning to an earlier conversation they have just said on the BBC that at Paris they will not have windsurfing (a race) at Paris, but will be replacing it with kite surfing (judged). A retrograde step in my opinion.

A fact learnt today... a shuttlecock uses feathers from the left wing of a goose. If they used right wing feathers it would have the wrong spin.

A fact learnt today... a shuttlecock uses feathers from the left wing of a goose. If they used right wing feathers it would have the wrong spin.

And next question is why "shuttlecock" ?

What's the shuttle and what's the cock??

Last edited:
Just saw a clip of people roaring around a badly made concrete path on little kids bikes.
Sport??
There is a lot of skill in BMX. They all of virtually the same bikes, so it is the skill, as well as the speed, if the rider that makes the difference.

Not having watched any of it a bit confused that Softball & Baseball are both played, I imagine they’re similar games?