Olympic Games | Page 6 | Vital Football

Olympic Games

Saw some of the swimming in the sea...
Commentator: "and now there's a hard last 500m sprint..." on the screen 1200m to go...
"and they're all turning a sharp corner there.." as they all swim on straight past a yellow inflatable...
Poor

Still getting bit annoyed by bbc showing some things over and over again and also all the "let's talk to every one in the bronze medallist's village", and all the boring studio pundit chats.
All of which massively reduces the actual events that they show.

I have to admit that as much as I admire the BBC I’ve found the coverage of the Olympics quite painful. The point of pundits and commentators is that they should add to the main spectacle on show, not the other way around. Steve Cram is excellent though.

But thinks like BMX and Skate Boarding ?? really . On the radio this morning even a skate boarder said it wasnt a sport , because they do tricks and not disciplines fair point i think .
Marbles anyone ????
I would say the same thing about most gymnastics which has even obtained the name artistic gymnastics during this Olympics. Add to that diving, synchronised swimming, boxing (if not a knock out), ice dancing and many other olympic "sports" to the "not a sport" list.

Marbles on the other hand has a definite winner and loser so in that respect is more of a sport but in reality is a game.

If it's done to music then most clearly not a sport...so the gymnastics dancing on the floor to music plus all the hoops ribbons juggling etc are simply circus performances.
Synchronised swimming is 100% ridiculous.

Boxing, though, I really like. Definitely a proper sport. Winners and losers and ancient with it.
Professional boxing needs sorting out though and got back to one true world title.

Plenty of reflected glory for Boris Johnson then unless they all tell him to feck off like England did after the Euros
We can only hope, even as a Scotsman them doing that made me incredibly proud of the England team.
The brexiters will try to claim it as a victory for leaving Europe like they did England getting to the euros final.

Few days to go of course, but think medals total is fair bit down on previous two.
So Brexit to blame!!

On a serious note, well done to each and every medallist where ever they have come from in the world. To excel in anything is a terrific achievement. And of course anyone even competing, whether they win or not, is itself a wonderful achievement. Out of the billions of us on this little planet of ours, these are the top tiny percent of us.

Few days to go of course, but think medals total is fair bit down on previous two.
So Brexit to blame!!

On a serious note, well done to each and every medallist where ever they have come from in the world. To excel in anything is a terrific achievement. And of course anyone even competing, whether they win or not, is itself a wonderful achievement. Out of the billions of us on this little planet of ours, these are the top tiny percent of us.
Current prediction is 64 medals which is only 3 less than Rio, and we seem to have missed a few obvious ones.

I have to say that the gold medal won earlier by Laura Kenny and Katie Archibald in the cycling was right up there as the most dominant and superb British Olympic win I have ever seen.

Since moving to the States I haven’t watched a single games despite loving them as a kid. The coverage is that bad.

Soooo close to the 4x100 men’s gold, will we ever get a better chance?

Great to see the Modern Pentathlon gold however. I’d forgotten that even existed tbh, I’ve go a vague memory of some bloke called Danny Nightingale competing in it, whilst he appeared on an episode of Superstars?