Oldest League Club in the world | Page 5 | Vital Football

Oldest League Club in the world

Just read on the Post site that they don't even have kits for this coming season. They've been made but are just sat in a warehouse until new owners pay for them.

Apparently Lilian Greenwood (local MP) is going to ask Juventus to pay for them. What a farce.

Hardy is desperate to avoid administration as he gets no money back then.

Most potential buyers want it in admin so they can pay £1.

Generally the chance of a club being wound up or kicked out of the league is remote, but the conference are a lot more ruthless about this sort of thing

The delay is bad. Two players in particular; Jim O'Brian and Nathan Tyson have been excellent in pre season and now can't sign immediately. Key will be whether it's a finite delay or and indeterminate one, in which case the players wont wait

£1 is the total amount Marinakis paid Fawaz for the Club

From the comments section in the Post

1 hour ago
I've been to Meadow Lane this morning to collect my season ticket.
What bugs me is where are the other local teams Forest, Derby and Leicester why couldn't one of these teams arrange a friendly or even an exhibition match against Notts purely to help with staff wages. A full house could of been garrenteed. No to busy spending millions to help Notts County out!

The buckets are coming.

Forest organise collection for Notts County staff

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2019/july/forest-organise-collection-for-notts-county-staff/

These Danish brothers own Football Radar, basically a football betting analytics company. They are aiming to take a bit of the 'moneyball' approach to success, using their analytics to influence signings and tactics. Interesting.

Looks like they will be signing Nathan Tyson how as well.

I always intended to head to Nott's first conference home game so that will be interesting

These Danish brothers own Football Radar, basically a football betting analytics company. They are aiming to take a bit of the 'moneyball' approach to success, using their analytics to influence signings and tactics. Interesting.

Looks like they will be signing Nathan Tyson how as well.

I always intended to head to Nott's first conference home game so that will be interesting

It certainly will be interesting because the analytics used in football betting is poles apart from Moneyball; I'm guessing whoever wrote the article is also guessing.

Lamouchi has employed a data analyst.

The players have been wearing tracking devices in all of the friendlies; I noticed him collecting them as the players came off the pitch

It certainly will be interesting because the analytics used in football betting is poles apart from Moneyball; I'm guessing whoever wrote the article is also guessing.

Lamouchi has employed a data analyst.

The players have been wearing tracking devices in all of the friendlies; I noticed him collecting them as the players came off the pitch
I do like all of that stuff. Far better than the dinosaur approach of managerial instinct.

Certainly not foolproof though, as I can't recall a club being promoted to the PL with that approach (although I suspect Brentford might this season if they keep Maupay)

I do like all of that stuff. Far better than the dinosaur approach of managerial instinct.

Certainly not foolproof though, as I can't recall a club being promoted to the PL with that approach (although I suspect Brentford might this season if they keep Maupay)

The science that these guys use is very similar to that used by some on the stock markets.

They run algorithms to poll the prices on matches on a world wide basis looking for mismatches; when they find one they bet in huge amounts covering positions so that they cannot lose.

The problem for the ordinary punter is that you are betting hundreds of thousands to win small amounts.

Tony Bloom, the Brighton owner, was one of the first to break into this field with his Starlizard organisation; they are always looking for new customers if you have a spare 100k knocking around

So they have purchased Notts as a going concern? If Notts have debts they are liable to settle them or they cannot trade within the law ( my understanding). Have they taken leave of their senses or am I missing something?

The science that these guys use is very similar to that used by some on the stock markets.

They run algorithms to poll the prices on matches on a world wide basis looking for mismatches; when they find one they bet in huge amounts covering positions so that they cannot lose.

The problem for the ordinary punter is that you are betting hundreds of thousands to win small amounts.

Tony Bloom, the Brighton owner, was one of the first to break into this field with his Starlizard organisation; they are always looking for new customers if you have a spare 100k knocking around
One of the first managers to start using all of this was Sam Allardyce. He ended up taking a full team wherever he went.

His football may have been prehistoric at times but what he did in the background certainly wasn’t.

I think Schteve also started using it as a coach at Man Ure.

Just read the opening statement from the new owners of Notts.
"fantastic support from the city"
Mistake number one.

Just read the opening statement from the new owners of Notts.
"fantastic support from the city"
Mistake number one.
Waiting for Colin Slater to say " the first thing they need to do is to spend money on a decent striker" Not his money by the way lets make that clear from the off.

So they have purchased Notts as a going concern? If Notts have debts they are liable to settle them or they cannot trade within the law ( my understanding). Have they taken leave of their senses or am I missing something?

Depends what their aims are. Going into admin means a 12 point deduction. Almost guarantees no promotion next year, maybe even another relegation. How much money do you lose by being a league lower, plus loss of fans through lack of interest if you start the season with a big handicap. Some people may even have morals too, and the football debts certainly won't get written off ! Also increases the cost of buying the club.

Depends what their aims are. Going into admin means a 12 point deduction. Almost guarantees no promotion next year, maybe even another relegation. How much money do you lose by being a league lower, plus loss of fans through lack of interest if you start the season with a big handicap. Some people may even have morals too, and the football debts certainly won't get written off ! Also increases the cost of buying the club.
What do you think that their aims are? Beats me. So many have tried over the years but it always comes back to a lot more money going out than is coming in.