Oldest League Club in the world | Page 4 | Vital Football

Oldest League Club in the world

Not great for County this week.

Post reporting that it seems like little progress has been made in takeover talks. It emerged last week that Alex May, an advisor to the South African consortium is a convicted fraudster and Alex May is merely an alias. He was sentenced to 6 years in 2014 for conning pensioners out of a combined £3.5m

Even better, it now emerges that this specimen may not merely be an advisor but is potentially one of the prospective owners.

Now Crawley and Wycombe claim Notts owe them money for Harry Kewell (manager compensation- he was sacked 10 weeks later) and for Craig McKail-Smith respectively

So after Hardy has been promising that the takeover would be completed and staff paid today - and after he apparently cleared out his office on Monday - the takeover will now not be happening today and staff unlikely to be paid before Friday.

Situation gets bleaker and bleaker for Notts by the day

So after Hardy has been promising that the takeover would be completed and staff paid today - and after he apparently cleared out his office on Monday - the takeover will now not be happening today and staff unlikely to be paid before Friday.

Situation gets bleaker and bleaker for Notts by the day

Yeah, but at least Hardy hasn't got his nob out on social media for a while..........

If they have no other irons in the fire apart from the South Africans then I would guess that it's collapsed if it's some kind of con.

What happens if they don't find a buyer?

Perhaps we could buy them out, amalgamate them in us, knock down their stadium and turn it in to apartments to fund our own promotion drive and stadium expansion to incorporate some of the new fans that come in?

Probably the only thing that makes commercial sense in modern football in a small city like Nottingham to be able to compete with the big boys.

If they have no other irons in the fire apart from the South Africans then I would guess that it's collapsed if it's some kind of con.

What happens if they don't find a buyer?

Perhaps we could buy them out, amalgamate them in us, knock down their stadium and turn it in to apartments to fund our own promotion drive and stadium expansion to incorporate some of the new fans that come in?

Probably the only thing that makes commercial sense in modern football in a small city like Nottingham to be able to compete with the big boys.

I'm no expert in this sort of thing but from what I've read, if no buyer can be found then their options are:

1. Enter administration which would mean they start the season on -10 points but would allow an interested party to buy the club cheaply, or;

2. Get wound up at the High Court and face liquidation.

Also worth noting that the teams they've fielded in recent friendlies have included several trialists, who are now likely to leave to find a new club rather than keep holding on for a takeover.

Hardy always wanted to be a legend in Nottingham and he will be that, just not for the reasons he dreamed of.

Hardy always wanted to be a legend in Nottingham and he will be that, just not for the reasons he dreamed of.

It's sad, but as these issues drag on it seems to be getting closer & closer to a club simply becoming extinct, Bolton are becoming more likely to face than eventuality if things aren't resolved soon, but Notts are next in line.

If not one of these two clubs, I honestly believe within the next 2 seasons a club will be liqidated.

Notts again need an owner with the following character straits/ qualifications.
1. No grasp of the situation regarding football support in the city.
2. Pots of cash which he doesnt mind losing if/ when it goes tits up.
3. The ability to listen to football experts such as Colin Slater when deciding to spend the aforementioned money.
4. Very thick skin for when the supporters start to abuse him.
5. Enough business savvy to ensure he has enough to live on when all the above chickens come home to roost.
There aren't too many about, thats the problem.

I'm no expert in this sort of thing but from what I've read, if no buyer can be found then their options are:

1. Enter administration which would mean they start the season on -10 points but would allow an interested party to buy the club cheaply, or;

2. Get wound up at the High Court and face liquidation.

Also worth noting that the teams they've fielded in recent friendlies have included several trialists, who are now likely to leave to find a new club rather than keep holding on for a takeover.

Hardy is desperate to avoid administration as he gets no money back then.

Most potential buyers want it in admin so they can pay £1.

Generally the chance of a club being wound up or kicked out of the league is remote, but the conference are a lot more ruthless about this sort of thing

The delay is bad. Two players in particular; Jim O'Brian and Nathan Tyson have been excellent in pre season and now can't sign immediately. Key will be whether it's a finite delay or and indeterminate one, in which case the players wont wait

Generally the chance of a club being wound up or kicked out of the league is remote, but the conference are a lot more ruthless about this sort of thing

The delay is bad. Two players in particular; Jim O'Brian and Nathan Tyson have been excellent in pre season and now can't sign immediately. Key will be whether it's a finite delay or and indeterminate one, in which case the players wont wait

I believe they are due back at High Court next week for the fourth time, after Hardy has previously convinced them to grant delays on three occasions on the promise that a takeover is imminent.

If I was a Notts fan I'd be extremely worried as to whether the Judge's patience has been worn a bit too thin. Surely they're not going to grant a fourth extension.

I will ask the question again. Why would anyone pay actual money for the club if not to asset strip it in respect of the land? do the club even own the land the ground stands on anyway? Hardy does not have the money to carry on trading so how does that work? How would he get any money by avoiding administration if the above is correct?

I believe the club do not own the land the ground is on.

I do believe that one consortium was interested in land nearby. Not sure if they hoped to get it from the council or the club owned it.

Intentions won't be altruistic I suspect

I believe the club do not own the land the ground is on.

I do believe that one consortium was interested in land nearby. Not sure if they hoped to get it from the council or the club owned it.

Intentions won't be altruistic I suspect
If the club do not own the land that the ground stands on which is my understanding of the situation then it is worth fuck all. I think that there is a good chance that after going through a list of mainly gullible and sometimes criminal owners in recent times that they are finally going to disappear from the city if not completely this time.

From the comments section in the Post

1 hour ago
I've been to Meadow Lane this morning to collect my season ticket.
What bugs me is where are the other local teams Forest, Derby and Leicester why couldn't one of these teams arrange a friendly or even an exhibition match against Notts purely to help with staff wages. A full house could of been garrenteed. No to busy spending millions to help Notts County out!

The buckets are coming.

From the comments section in the Post

1 hour ago
I've been to Meadow Lane this morning to collect my season ticket.
What bugs me is where are the other local teams Forest, Derby and Leicester why couldn't one of these teams arrange a friendly or even an exhibition match against Notts purely to help with staff wages. A full house could of been garrenteed. No to busy spending millions to help Notts County out!

The buckets are coming.

Sympathy for the staff but not the club.

No chance of our club lifting a finger while Hardy is in charge.

And there have been enough constant promises that the takeover was going through as to never make this seem necessary

To be perfectly honest I would like Notts to simply disappear and their "hard core" support of what is it? 7000or so finally see the light and cross the river. The city and county local authorities could then benefit from the sale of their ground and finally start to give their long overdue undivided support to one club city football.

Kind of sad as I spent a year on their books as a kid but I think they deserve to go out of business looking at how ungrateful and entitled their fans were last time round.