Old pics | Page 18 | Vital Football

Old pics

No, we didn't. It was the start of our tradition of narrowly losing penalty shootouts 8-7 I think in this instance.

Edit: it was 7-6 after checking. No word on the scorers or missers, but there is still 9mins of very poor footage on Youtube if you can be bothered. To me it looked like Tom McAlister had a bet on them to win.!

Edit again: It was Ted Hemsley who missed his kick. Having seen all the Bristol penalties, I am convinced Tom McAlister made no effort at all to save anything. Of the 7 kicks against him he went the wrong way 5 times, and 2 made no effort, including the one that went in off the bar directly over his head.

I'd imagine that keepers didn't research opposition penalties like they do now, so all guess work.

I'd imagine that keepers didn't research opposition penalties like they do now, so all guess work.

It takes a surprising amount of technique to miss a ball that goes in off the underside of the bar, right above you head.! I really liked Tom McAlister at the time, but he didn't look interested at all... :LOL:

No shrieks, no'amazing', no 'OMG's', no overhyped hysteria . no endless gabbing, no 'he, she, it's had a really hard year' just commentary on the events.
How refreshing.

TC looks like he's getting on in the pic so I'm guessing he must have had some sort of post playing mental issue to wear that shite!
It was for a pigs testimonial but I can’t remember which one it’s been a while since that was posted

I loved the old west terrace I moved on there after the Walsall game for a change of luck I stood right down near the away fans and loved the banter with them,had some great times with the lads from dronfield

#FeatureGround - Bramall Lane is our feature ground of the week...Home to Sheffield United Football Club and the oldest major stadium in the world to still hold association football matches.

Opened in 1855, the ground was initially used for cricket until it became the official home for the blades in 1889. The recored attendance is 68,287 set during an FA Cup tie vs Leeds United.

Bramall Lane held its first football match in 1862 and the worlds first ever floodlit match was played here in 1878 as England football team took on Scotland National Team, this was the first match between the two countries to be played outside London or Glasgow

Buy this print and more here - http://bit.ly/2wS8Poq

667746CD-D332-4D3D-8C0B-1E28B4677A01.jpeg

Happy memories of the west terrace too. But the main reason I liked it was they left enough gap to the pitch to drive a Vauxhall Chevette round it at half time. Bentleys on the pitch, before we had Bentleys in the car park...

Happy memories of the west terrace too. But the main reason I liked it was they left enough gap to the pitch to drive a Vauxhall Chevette round it at half time. Bentleys on the pitch, before we had Bentleys in the car park...

I've never heard this being called the West Terrace before (not sure how that is possible when South Stand is opposite), but is certainly before my time supporting United. I sat in the John St when it first opened but I don't recall going in the old one. My parents used to go in the corner of John St and the Kop many years ago.

I've never heard this being called the West Terrace before (not sure how that is possible when South Stand is opposite), but is certainly before my time supporting United. I sat in the John St when it first opened but I don't recall going in the old one. My parents used to go in the corner of John St and the Kop many years ago.
Strange I never made that connection 🤔 just took them for what they were called, obviously the west terrace was there long before the south stand existed

I loved the old west terrace I moved on there after the Walsall game for a change of luck I stood right down near the away fans and loved the banter with them,had some great times with the lads from dronfield

#FeatureGround - Bramall Lane is our feature ground of the week...Home to Sheffield United Football Club and the oldest major stadium in the world to still hold association football matches.

Opened in 1855, the ground was initially used for cricket until it became the official home for the blades in 1889. The recored attendance is 68,287 set during an FA Cup tie vs Leeds United.

Bramall Lane held its first football match in 1862 and the worlds first ever floodlit match was played here in 1878 as England football team took on Scotland National Team, this was the first match between the two countries to be played outside London or Glasgow

Buy this print and more here - http://bit.ly/2wS8Poq

View attachment 60010
Remember Blades fans used to congregate round the players tunnel and stare like Zombies at the opposition players when they came out. I was stood right at BL side against Walsall.

Old moving pics OK?
Moving in both senses of the word for me.

Woody's birthday would have been today so a clip to celebrate - and just look at the accuracy of the cornersand that magnificent bit of skill, that delicate dink, from TC to set up the 2nd.Sublime

Never seen this one before

Attachments

• DF40F5FE-E50A-40D8-A8E5-3EB2E42B3537.jpeg
    DF40F5FE-E50A-40D8-A8E5-3EB2E42B3537.jpeg
    386.7 KB · Views: 7