Old pics | Page 17 | Vital Football

Old pics

Me because it pissed the Pigs off. To give him his due he gave 100% every game but with half his own fans booing him it couldn't have been easy.

Who was pleased with this signing ?

View attachment 58460
A few weeks before he signed for us a pig fan that worked at TREETON pit told me Curran should be in the England team,that's TEAM not just being in the squad.After we signed him same grunter told me well he's only a 3rd division player anyway.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I never booed him when he was playing for us but it was never going to work for him at BDBL because of what happened in that Boxing day game at Swillsbro. UTB

A few weeks before he signed for us a pig fan that worked at TREETON pit told me Curran should be in the England team,that's TEAM not just being in the squad.After we signed him same grunter told me well he's only a 3rd division player anyway.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I never booed him when he was playing for us but it was never going to work for him at BDBL because of what happened in that Boxing day game at Swillsbro. UTB
But he won a Champions medal with Everton after he left us. Rod Was he a bad player? So long ago, i'd forgotten him and had to look up his stats of 33/3.

But he won a Champions medal with Everton after he left us. Rod Was he a bad player? So long ago, i'd forgotten him and had to look up his stats of 33/3.
I always thought he was a player you had to build the team around the pork did it to get out of the pub league but when they wanted to expand in the league above he didn’t fit so they sold him to us,we did it for one game the FAcup replay at Stoke in which he was outstanding the rest of the time he was ok at best,I think we sold him to Everton after the Stoke game or not long after,another team where he was expected to fit in and it didn’t quite work there if my memory serves me right

I always thought he was a player you had to build the team around the pork did it to get out of the pub league but when they wanted to expand in the league above he didn’t fit so they sold him to us,we did it for one game the FAcup replay at Stoke in which he was outstanding the rest of the time he was ok at best,I think we sold him to Everton after the Stoke game or not long after,another team where he was expected to fit in and it didn’t quite work there if my memory serves me right
Probably not, he signed for the monye? But if so then I don't blame him.

Paul garner was the subject of a question the other week and one or two couldn’t remember him here he is sat next to Steve ludlam who is/was a gaffer at Royal Mail had some good conversations with him about United when he temporarily worked at our office a few yrs back don’t know if he’s still with us or not

0A2D6ED7-1FCF-4DC6-A859-6619ABD4ABE9.jpeg

Paul garner was the subject of a question the other week and one or two couldn’t remember him here he is sat next to Steve ludlam who is/was a gaffer at Royal Mail had some good conversations with him about United when he temporarily worked at our office a few yrs back don’t know if he’s still with us or not

View attachment 59272
Ludlum had a good left peg pity he didn't Quite make it. Mind the manager wasn't the best for encouraging Youngstersad I know well.

No, we didn't. It was the start of our tradition of narrowly losing penalty shootouts 8-7 I think in this instance.

Edit: it was 7-6 after checking. No word on the scorers or missers, but there is still 9mins of very poor footage on Youtube if you can be bothered. To me it looked like Tom McAlister had a bet on them to win.!

Edit again: It was Ted Hemsley who missed his kick. Having seen all the Bristol penalties, I am convinced Tom McAlister made no effort at all to save anything. Of the 7 kicks against him he went the wrong way 5 times, and 2 made no effort, including the one that went in off the bar directly over his head.

Last edited: