Old pics | Vital Football

Old pics

Is that Rodders just off center to left front row :grinning::grinning::grinning:
Is that Rodders just off center to left front row :grinning::grinning::grinning:
:giggle: I was stood in front of the pavillion for the first pig match i recall seein.Bill Punton scored the winner in a 1-0 win.Mi dear owd dad used to tek mi to watch some Yorkshire games,i loved watchin Sir Geoffrey,Phil Sharp,Fiery Fred etc; UTMPB

Used to run around the pitch, via under the Pav', to see United attack for 90 minutes.
Late in life I used to dine in the 'club' before the game.....excellent food and good value.

Thanks for bringing back a host of memories, Bully.
I watched the great Don Bradman (plus a lot of other famous cricketers) from that balcony.
Also, I was in that room to the right of the balcony (by then used as a medical/physio room) on the day Trevor Hockey arrived at the Lane. Like a human tornado!

Thanks for bringing back a host of memories, Bully.
I watched the great Don Bradman (plus a lot of other famous cricketers) from that balcony.
Also, I was in that room to the right of the balcony (by then used as a medical/physio room) on the day Trevor Hockey arrived at the Lane. Like a human tornado!
Did ya see WG GRACE at BDBL then Bigglenaldo?UTMPB

:giggle: I was stood in front of the pavillion for the first pig match i recall seein.Bill Punton scored the winner in a 1-0 win.Mi dear owd dad used to tek mi to watch some Yorkshire games,i loved watchin Sir Geoffrey,Phil Sharp,Fiery Fred etc; UTMPB

Small world Rod I was also at that match stood in front of the pavilion with my Dad when the bald assassin struck. Were you the little kid at the front with the rattle? :giggle:

Small world Rod I was also at that match stood in front of the pavilion with my Dad when the bald assassin struck. Were you the little kid at the front with the rattle? :giggle:
He’ll have been the one in the flat cap giving his opinion to everyone whether they wanted it or not !

Well mi dear owd dad alluss said i had plenty of rattle,bur he was meanin i was a gobby kid but i'll just say i was not as gobby as owd Bully is nar.:LOL: UTMPB

Last edited:
I once saw Freddy score 100.
Don't think that would be at BDBL Chips.

I've been searching all morning trawling through the archives on line to check that and finally remembered I had one of his books and in it are his career stats.
He scored 3 First Class centuries, 2 at Scarborough for Young England and Yorks and the other at Northampton.

His highest score at BDBL was 77 v Gloucs in 1964.