NUFC 'Takeover' Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

NUFC 'Takeover' Thread

Still dont think there's any truth in a takeover. Today alone has seen contradictory stories with The Times again saying the asking price has been reduced by £70m but other media outlets saying that there's four interested groups.

Im sure if I was selling something and there was interest, id be wanting an auction not reducing the price. Looks like Barnes and Bishop have been caught out again.

You're prob' right TNMW but if there's some truth in the HMRC rumours then Fat Mike might be preparing to head for the hills. Could be a big fine coming and those ' in the know' will have a good idea what that'll be.
A possible points deduction too (???) will further reduce the price.
Fat Mike has had enough bad publicity lately maybe he just wants to cut and run.
My feelings at the moment are i can't see any potential buyers touching it with a barge pole until things are resolved, would you?

Birdys - 8/10/2017 14:27

You're prob' right TNMW but if there's some truth in the HMRC rumours then Fat Mike might be preparing to head for the hills. Could be a big fine coming and those ' in the know' will have a good idea what that'll be.
A possible points deduction too (???) will further reduce the price.
Fat Mike has had enough bad publicity lately maybe he just wants to cut and run.
My feelings at the moment are i can't see any potential buyers touching it with a barge pole until things are resolved, would you?

I can see people wanting the club and there has been interest many times over the last 9 years or so.

Every single time though has seen the interested party messed around but as soon as Ashley wants rid, he'll get a buyer. Still dont think he wants rid now and it's just a convenient distraction.

Maybe this is a double bluff and the consortiums are using the interest in us to force something out of Liverpool or the spuds

On saying that the papers are reporting Liverpool as been worth a cool 1bn quid

Imaging 400 million for us and 600 million to spend over 5 seasons we have that potential

Four in the hunt for the club it seems - if the Times is to be believed. (more so than others, I suppose).

So long as it's not a middle-east outfit - I'd be delighted.

The money will be Middle East or Far East whom ever it is.

I have a gut feeling that it will be Qatar lead somehow

If Liverpool are worth a billion quid then th spuds can’t be far behind that. so 380 million for us doesn’t appear to be that bad a deal

But of course we are talking Fat Mike here so he will likely get a deal set up and just before they put pen to paper he’ll probably lob another 100 million on the price with a take it or leave it scenario

The money will be Middle East or Far East whom ever it is.

I have a gut feeling that it will be Qatar lead somehow

If Liverpool are worth a billion quid then th spuds can’t be far behind that. so 380 million for us doesn’t appear to be that bad a deal

But of course we are talking Fat Mike here so he will likely get a deal set up and just before they put pen to paper he’ll probably lob another 100 million on the price with a take it or leave it scenario

It's World Cup season and a big one for shite direct. Takeover talks are there purely to take the emphasis off Rafa not getting the promised funds, I'm almost certain of it.

We've been ripe for proper investment for years now. I'm convinced it'll happen.

Just don't want it to be from the middle-east. Anywhere, but the middle-east.

CuckFan - 9/10/2017 21:27

We've been ripe for proper investment for years now. I'm convinced it'll happen.

Just don't want it to be from the middle-east. Anywhere, but the middle-east.

I agree, we are ripe for investment or a buy out but the amount of cash that Ashley has got away with diverting as well as the masses of free publicity just hang over him like a stinking toilet.

The more I think of it the more I see this as one of their PR tricks. Hopefully im wrong.

I was just talking to a dyed in the wool makem, one of those tools who claims to have contacts inside the club and is "hardly ever wrong" (stop me if you have heard this one before) and he says in fact Amanda Staveley and her team are currently brokering deals for Newcastle and Sunderland. Confirmed by a mate of the gadgee who puts concerts on at "the stadium".

No..........me neither!

Starting to fear that the whole thing is just a smokescreen to keep the pressure off Ashley to spend any money in January. Another window successfully negotiated from his point of view.

I would like to be wrong.

CuckFan - 9/10/2017 17:11

Four in the hunt for the club it seems - if the Times is to be believed. (more so than others, I suppose).

So long as it's not a middle-east outfit - I'd be delighted.

Any particular reason why?

daftladguy - 16/10/2017 16:59

Just been on SSN, he wants out by Xmas, which ties in with the whispers I had heard..
. A chap I work with is from Gateshead he was dancing in the hanger with joy he said exactly what you have said. Good luck you lot really need it in getting a proper owner who will invest and put the club first.