NUFC 'Takeover' Thread | Page 61 | Vital Football

NUFC 'Takeover' Thread

Ashley has upped the price, therefor cannot see it happening.
Cannot trust him to back Rafa.
Rafa should resign now, this club is highly unlikely to go anywhere under Ashley.
The fat man is an ostrich with his head firmly in the sand.

Have to agree with this.Looks like he is determined to fuck things up again.

The press have only just got on to what was said on this board at 8.53 last Friday on the "Safe from the drop" thread.

It's only expected for there to be some haggling around the £350m mark. Given the extra revenue if we finish 8th-10th, I can see £375 being deemed as fair by both a buyer and seller.

On the seller's side, we have become an upper mid table Premier League club. On the buyer's side, we have 3 loan players in the squad that means the price should be discounted to the tune of the transfer fees for those players.

That would seem a fair reflection Rexn. It's that nagging doubt that most seem to have, especially if you believe his 'wasting my time' comments after the last talks finished abruptly.

May have already been mentioned in this thread but nowt has changed as far as im concerned as im sure there was a £380m price mooted not long ago.

If this figure includes clearing the pretend debt attached to the club and it gets rid of Ashley plus his tat with no clauses then id say it's a fair price.

On saying that, I still believe that there is no takeover and we're moving on to another chapter of stalling albeit with a shorter window this Summer.

Ashley seems to be an old school market trader to me, I used to work for a guy like that who was really successful within his limitations:
Buy Low
Sell high
Never up your offer
Never drop your price
Anyone who buys the club from Ashley at any stage is gonna have to dig deep and play hardball I fear.

Having said all that though, the 'update' yesterday sounds more like a 'don't forget to increase your bid' plea to Staveley via Ashley's mouth piece.

I've got a feeling that as the Staveley bid was played out in public the fat pig will ensure that any new negotiatons are done in private. I think the first we'll know of any new takeover, if any, is when it's signed, sealed and delivered.