NUFC 'Takeover' Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

NUFC 'Takeover' Thread

So sky hi lighted that Amanda Staveley was at today’s match - she is a billionaire business women who works on deals and takeovers for the Middle East mainly - very interesting and it is gathering pace whatever happens

Got a text before the game JT showing it on George Caulkin's twitter feed. It said: At this stage, not aware of there being any formal talks between Staveley and NUFC . But her presence here is interesting if nothing else.

The Ronny Gill said she was with Steve Wraith and she also went down the tunnel after the game which is quite significant.

It could also be part of the PR machine with an invitation to make it look like something's going on but word on the grapevine is that this is maybe Rafa instigated. An interesting time ahead.

Word round the campfire is that Staveley has a villa in Majorca,maybe cuck could seduce her & negotiate a deal for a takeover,he's normally right & has all the credentials,fingers crossed.

Staveley nearly brokered the D.I.C. group's attempted takeover of Liverpool,it was headed by Sheik Maktoum and would have garnered her a place on the board of Liverpool. Coincidentally when a certain Spaniard was in charge. She's on very good terms with Sheik Maktoum who's been looking to get involved with a Premier League football club ever since. Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal are seemingly squared away so it would appear we're ripe to be picked from the tree. I've said even under Ashley's tenure the potential to make a huge amount more is there with the right investment.

Completely agree KK, the only reason the stadium is full is because of cheap tickets.
Somebody with a bit of enthusiasm, investment and foresight could make it into a gold mine
If somebody is at least trying win things, I have no issue with them being paid accordingly.
What I take exception to, is skimming the place for all its worth, managing expectations, and not investing.
Sometimes we have to be careful what we want, but to me, the clubs stock is that low, a takeover, at least trying, would be a blessing to the region.
No real companies will invest in stadium rights, because they become as toxic as SD, has become in the UK, alright he may make money, but he is dragging us down as well.

There was also football finance expert David Bick sitting in close proximity . Let's not forget Bick's been very complimentary about the regime improving income from the position that they took over from .

"Newcastle have a very sound, solid managing director. I’d say all the way around they are doing a pretty good job at the moment."

David Bick

keggy_keagal - 2/10/2017 14:05

There was also football finance expert David Bick sitting in close proximity . Let's not forget Bick's been very complimentary about the regime improving income from the position that they took over from .

"Newcastle have a very sound, solid managing director. I’d say all the way around they are doing a pretty good job at the moment."

David Bick

I find his comment to be in stark contrast to what I see.

The only profit line that has increased is the sky money, ST sales, advertising, stadium advertising, merchandise, on day turnover, can be nowhere near it could be. It could be even larger with a 75000 seater stadium, with a team playing attractive, winning football.

daftladguy - 3/10/2017 11:18

David Bick

The only profit line that has increased is the sky money, ST sales, advertising, stadium advertising, merchandise, on day turnover, can be nowhere near it could be. It could be even larger with a 75000 seater stadium, with a team playing attractive, winning football.

Whilst I agree with you DLG , Bick's point was in relation to the club's financial position from when Ashley took the club over initially to the then (2014) present day.

keggy_keagal - 3/10/2017 16:42

daftladguy - 3/10/2017 11:18

David Bick

Whilst I agree with you DLG , Bick's point was in relation to the club's financial position from when Ashley took the club over initially to the then (2014) present day.

Got you, but we still owe the FCB, he has never written down his debt, on the back of activities he uses to salt money out of the club, you assume cut price advertising, merchandise, catering etc.... That is the unhidden cost of the fat ****....

More bits and pieces tonight with details of talks and meetings being reported. Still think this is something and nowt with the moral of the story seeing Ashley remain for a few years yet.

I'm still convinced he wants out Toony.

The club is a weight around his neck (all of his own doing); when you are a multi-billionaire, why would you need the hassle? Sure, it makes him money - but so do many other of his ventures without the bad image, hassle, and hatred for him.

I think it's early day's, but the club is being sounded out by at least one other owner / group - and I just hope it's nothing from places like Qatar.

I believe he wants to sell - however all of this is to public for NUFC whom under Ashley have tended to do everything relatively quietly

They could be using this to flush out other buyers to jack the price up or to try and force another parties hand

Didn’t they employ Justin (can’t remember his second name) to do just this sort of thing

They're a bunch of shady, devious, underhand and untrustworthy feckers at best.
There's no knowing what is going off in their heads. What you can be almost certain of is it won't be straightforward. I'm hoping someone ' makes them an offer they can't refuse' .

Birdys - 4/10/2017 07:17

They're a bunch of shady, devious, underhand and untrustworthy feckers at best.
There's no knowing what is going off in their heads. What you can be almost certain of is it won't be straightforward. I'm hoping someone ' makes them an offer they can't refuse' .

I hope so too but with stories in the past of £100m added to the price on the day where a deal is due to be shook on just makes the whole thing stink.

If Ashley was that serious about flushing out buyers then there would be no great mention of there being any debt in the accounts. He could just write that off and ask for a ball park figure. Nee bells or hidden whistles attached.

If these last 10 years have taught us anything about Ashley, it's that he wont let go of his pies easily and will want at least one grubby finger left in them when he's departed. Ive accepted we're stuck with him.

George Caulkin of The Times reported that Amanda Staveley met with Justin Barnes, Lee Charnley and Keith Bishop following the Liverpool game. It seems she was also at the Stoke game.

I wonder if today's legal challenge over the HMRC has changed things because the seized documents can now be examined.

If the club knows there's owt dodgy in there or at the least, Ashley, then that may force something. It may also affect a sale.

Why use legal means to try and block HMRC from seeing the documents unless you're worried about what they contain ?