NUFC 'Takeover' Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

NUFC 'Takeover' Thread

keggy_keagal - 4/10/2017 13:14

Why use legal means to try and block HMRC from seeing the documents unless you're worried about what they contain ?

Agree KK, there must be something going on, hope a points deduction isn't administered, almost perversely, it may lower the price, hasten another relegation, and cost the Fat **** a fortune.

How would I laugh, payback time massively....

crooktownmags - 4/10/2017 10:46

I got a feeling it might be for real this time, but might depend on Rafa signing a longer contract.

Can't see that having much influence over a potential deal CTM. Staveley will know s we'll as anyone how fickle football is. Surely if she is trying to broker a deal any Benitez contact extension would be approved by the new owners. Surely Benitez wouldn't be daft enough to sign a contract extension with the feckers based on promises of change etc. Reckon he's found out the hard way what lying charlatans they are.

daftladguy - 4/10/2017 13:43

keggy_keagal - 4/10/2017 13:14

Why use legal means to try and block HMRC from seeing the documents unless you're worried about what they contain ?

Agree KK, there must be something going on, hope a points deduction isn't administered, almost perversely, it may lower the price, hasten another relegation, and cost the Fat **** a fortune.

How would I laugh, payback time massively....

If there are some dodgy dealings let's hope the HMRC throw the book at them.
I'd love Ashley & Charnley to be sharing a cell with Raymond the Bastard, a life long NUFC supporter.

I have a niggling feeling that if this proposed takeover moves forward in a positive direction, that the rotund one will want to keep his snout in the trough in some capacity . He may be many things but daft in a business sense he is not. The premier league is littered with pots of gold for him .My niggling feeling is he gets round the table asks an obscene amount to sell , barter and tells the buyer I still want 5 - 10 % of the club.

I just think it's his M.O. He always has stakes in companies.

Hope to god I am wrong and the interestep parties blow him out of the water with an offer to good to turn down.
It's nearly xmas I can dream.

I don't think Rafa signing a deal has any affect on this tbh

If you believe what you read Amanda was a guest of Rafa and they have been in contact before at Liverpool

My guess (and if he is sensible) he will only sign a deal WHEN the club is bought - this way he can get his guarantee on football matters, transfer budgets etc, and probably a mega pay rise

Again if you speculate (and its nice dreaming) if the truth of a 28 billion hedge fund / fortune is true then we could well become the richest club in the world overnight albeit depends whats in the small print, but they could turn the club into something massive

:70:

The Pyrry - 5/10/2017 09:15

I have a niggling feeling that if this proposed takeover moves forward in a positive direction, that the rotund one will want to keep his snout in the trough in some capacity . He may be many things but daft in a business sense he is not. The premier league is littered with pots of gold for him .My niggling feeling is he gets round the table asks an obscene amount to sell , barter and tells the buyer I still want 5 - 10 % of the club.

I just think it's his M.O. He always has stakes in companies.

Hope to god I am wrong and the interestep parties blow him out of the water with an offer to good to turn down.
It's nearly xmas I can dream.

This is in line with my thoughts in that aside from my view that it is the usual PR guff, even if it wasn't, Ashley would want his imprint left somehow to benefit himself in the years to come.

It's about time the demons were exorcised though and we get a club that does the city proud for once instead of one just tarnished time after time by the crooks that wander through the corridors.

I have the nightmare scenario of things staying as they are for years to come and I have a dream version where a new respected owner comes in and just rips all the tat adverts down on day one with a stadium refresh or massive blueprint to take us forward emerges soon after.

Head wins over heart 999999 times out of 1 million but with this concerning NUFC, the 1 chance left is one you dare to get your hopes built up by as we've been burnt far too many times.

Guess we'll find out soon enough whether this is serious or not.

I think something may happen but as always it will depend upon what conditions the fat **** imposes on the sale. Will he want to keep his advertising, will he want to still divert the merchandising sales through shite direct, will he relinquish all of the brand rights and registered trade marks he hoovered up? These are stumbling blocks as much as the asking price as future owners will surely want to maximise income.

Press are reporting that there are 3 separate groups who have signed NDA's and are currently conducting due diligence. Amanda Staveley and her PCP Capital Investments group are interested so they make fourth, they haven't signed a NDA. It's also reported (and quite how they can have a source on this as Ashley's left hand doesn't know what his right hand is doing) that Ashley wants a quick sale as he doesn't want to the club to spend in January. Apparently the prospective purchasers all want the deal done prior to the next TV deal which would raise the asking price further.

This being Ashley he'll want the most money possible with no concern over the club. Unless we're very lucky i'm half expecting a Thaksin Shinawatra type deal here .

I'm convinced he'll not sell, it's great free publicity for his shite brand and as long as that's around and prosperous he'll keep the club. As for those who say he doesn't need the hassle, what hassle? He gets an easy ride off the fans and once every few years does an interview where he answers his own pre-scripted questions.

Paul Kannell - 7/10/2017 12:25

I'm convinced he'll not sell, it's great free publicity for his shite brand and as long as that's around and prosperous he'll keep the club. As for those who say he doesn't need the hassle, what hassle? He gets an easy ride off the fans and once every few years does an interview where he answers his own pre-scripted questions.

Im convinced he's staying as well but there are no doubts that there are things afoot that haven't happened before although im unsure whether it's PR or real.

Usually, the 'for sale' stories happen after a period of uncertainty or come out to quell any kick off but this time it has occurred when we've arguably been at our strongest for years.

Personally I think his model is at the end of the road as just spending the minimum to survive has been rumbled as well as it being too risky to do as two relegations in his tenure proves. We're at our most ripe to pick off the tree but as has been mentioned, it's all about the terms he wants rid under as it wont be as straight forward as it should be.

Im not sure what is going on really - to get out with £400 million in his pocket must to him be a good deal - the club is in profit surely so he makes a tidy sum whatever happens - he can then carry on his high street takeover

He knows money has to be spent on transfers and with a disaster window just gone he can’t afford another one or two

He also knows Rafa is popular with the fans and if he went the blame lies with him and the board - Ashley has rode his luck to many times and he knows it

So maybe this is his now or never chance to sell get some very decent money and leave before it all goes tits up for a third time which if he doesn’t invest or Rafa goes is going to happen

£400 million isn’t cheap so you would expect anyone whom buys would have money behind them to invest and try and turn the club into something much bigger - being a one club city with full capacity crowds is a major selling point

One other thing who owns the land around St James - was this bought by Ashley or sold off - I ask because a big investment might want to look to expand the stadium and I bet the land won’t come with the sale if you know what I mean

I'm sure the council gave Ashley permission to develop student accom and office blocks on the land opposite the Gallowgate End earlier this year. Ashley got the lease when he bought the club, but he plans/planned to do this as a project without Newcastle United. Shepherd and Hall had a feasibility study done which found that the club could raise capacity to 60'000 by increasing the Gallowgate to the size of the Leazes and Milburn. Any interested party would surely have to have it written in stone that the lease is returned to the club.

That bit of land sold has supposedly no effect on increasing the Gallowgate to the same height as the Milburn and Leazes end. It just makes it harder to do.

One thing that sticks out though is that for the NE1 bit that the ground sits on and is the crown jewel of the city as well as for miles around, they nar arf make it hard to improve it as the listed Leazes Terrace is doing so but as soon as they want some tatty student eyesore knocking up, it's allowed without as much as a paddy from anyone.

Once the day arrives, if it ever does, that someone with ambition and foresight of improving the club then you'll see how these things are done regardless of the cost. Just hope it's soon.

If I remember correctly, didn't we want to move to build a new stadium just like the Spuds are doing right now? Build next door to our existing one, keeping the same location and infrastructure but the Freemen of the city and the council told us no. I'm sure the park and the surrounding places would have benefited from it.

Mcnamee67 - 7/10/2017 21:50

If I remember correctly, didn't we want to move to build a new stadium just like the Spuds are doing right now? Build next door to our existing one, keeping the same location and infrastructure but the Freemen of the city and the council told us no. I'm sure the park and the surrounding places would have benefited from it.

We did and for me it's the best idea still.

People who preferred the cows to roam free or allow their dogs to shite in peace in an absolute shit tip of a place won the day. Even the students who wander across the bit of land in question and would have had 5 minutes added onto their journey due to the new build disapproved of it with the corrupt clip boarded survey. *****.

The land where the ground is and just North could all be used as one giant new ground at the centre piece of a spectacular park. Maybe some new owners could foresee the potential here because at present it's just a druggies holiday park.

It's a bit of greenery in our city,there's not that much apart from Leazes Park,fuck that,leave the cows in peace & let tubby spend his days grazing on it if he decides to sell,still think the fucker is playing us,just another advertising opportunity for his dirty tat over the last week,hope I'm wrong.
Hoy a 100,000 seater stadium up in Newburn,the transport links are there.

But who would fill it Ry?! You wouldn't because you're boycotting, oh no you're not, oh yes you are, oh no you're not.

Oh God, who knows?! ??