NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 403 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way they will approve a bidder who technically ticks the boxes but is not the right owner for the club. There is too much at stake for them after what happened last time. They may have their regulations but they won’t get away with waiving anyone through due to the backlash they would receive

Surely if a bidder passed all their laid down criteria and they failed them, they would be leaving themselves wide open ? I hope I'm wrong, but can't see it somehow.

That would be the worst thing I could see happening from the whole admin, if it turns out to be true.

Sell players for peanuts and benefit from future profits. It'd be getting bonus pay for doing a bad job.

The Admins have sold players for peanuts,
they could make a lot of money, if the Club they have gone too sell them,
in the future.

Come on Springy, ......... we've done this one to death.

They'll get the first £250k to be payable, and they'll sell the rights to the remaining value to the new owner for £1.

So, the Admins have shafted us, by selling our players for peanuts
and other Clubs will probably make a lot of money selling our players
in the future.

So saying things mostly on Twitter is worse that killing thousands of people in wars or violating the privacy rights of your all your citizens?

A lot to unpack there, a lot of rhetoric but little context of how things came to happen.

Might be worth considering the justification and normalisation of political violence by the Democratic politicans and mainstream media of Antifa and BLM violence and vandalism for the past year (search for democrats inciting violence on youtube and you'll find some clips that are a lot worse than anything Trump said). Also the 'storming' /occupation of government buildings by left wing protestors in recent years was reported favourably. You can't expect to praise and condone that type of behaviour one side and expect it not to escalate and come from both sides.

Also the failure to seriously address Trump supporters concerns over voter fraud with a the denial of serious investigation and signature audit of the large amounts of evidence is asking for trouble. The media were claiming there was no voter fraud before they even had a chance to investigate it, they say there is no evidence when there are a thousands affidavits, there are statistical anomalies and voter machine errors that look incredibly dubious. No matter how much you may want Trump to lose, election integrity is important to any peaceful transition of power. With the amount of evidence there are questions to by answered, it should have been heard by the Supreme Court as (Bush and Gore was) and if there was a rational explanation then it could've been put to bed and none of this happened. If there was voter fraud the other side would've rioted far, far worse - so it's not just a Trump problem.

We know due to declassified documents the years of and millions of dollars of Russiagate collusion investigations were sanctioned without credible evidence so the idea that the voter fraud cases with vastly more evidence were all thrown out without being heard. Seems like a double standard and is going to cause frustration to rise even further.

Also the relentless demonisation of Trumps supporters for the past 5 years and refusal to accept they have any legitimate concerns by the media and the other side will have played a part. Add in the Hunter Biden stuff that was suppressed or incorrectly dismissed as fabricated by the media makes them feel everyone is against them.

Also considering Trump got something like the highest black and hispanic voter turnout ever for his party i think he wasn't doing a good job being a racist. If you want to look for racism, might be worth having a look at Biden's track record, quotes, associates, policies etc.

There is plenty to critasie Trump for, but he's not the cause of where America is now, he's a symptom of long broken, corrupt political system and dishonest media that play divide and rule at the peoples expense. They keep trying to make the left and right hate each other and blame each other for everything - when it should be the people vs the politicians and the system, but as long as we are distracted fighting each other we will never be able to hold them accountable.

Best to probably leave it there and not take the thread any further off topic.

Thankyou for yet another epistle, yes we will leave it there

I take it you're aware that Trump supporters (including his own "attorney") brought over 60 cases to various courts, and lost all but one. In none of them was "fraud" put forward as an issue. In fact, when directly asked by the judge, Giuliani stipulated "no", he wasn't alleging fraud.

A case was raised before the Supreme Court. It was dismissed as having no standing.

You have many good points re in the rest of your post ............ but not on these two issues.

The issue is the 60+ case weren't lost they weren't heard, despite the quantity of testimony no evidence was ever allowed to be presented in any case.

There was a vast amount of evidence and significant anomalies to make half the country feel the election was rigged - if that doesn't have standing I don't know what does. Even if the Supreme judges believe the case is frivolous then at this level of signifigance it must be heard to settle it. If they are so confident Biden won fairly why be afraid of proving it and completely discrediting Trumps case with a public hearing? The best thing for Biden would be sanction the case and prove himself beyond reproach assuming he won it fairly as otherwise he will always struggle to get the nation to move on and the division will get wider.

We've got 1000+ witnesses and experts swearing under oath they can prove voter fraud, so they need to be held accountable. If their claims are proven to be deliberate lies they must be punished for undermining the country, if they are telling the truth we've witnessed the biggest election fraud in history and everyone involved in it should face prosecution. Either way election integrity is damaged and needs restoring by a proper investigation / hearing.

The only way society can avoid decending into civil war or violent revolution is that elections must continually be proven to be fair and legitimate. This election looks questionable to say the least - if we want to have a functioning democracy those questions must be answered one way or another not just for this time but all future elections. There is literally no positive and all negative by not proving one way or another if the election result was legitimate.

If we completey reversed the roles and the boot was on the other foot, so Biden lost and had identical evidence of voter fraud against Trump - the Democrats and Media would be saying it was blatent election fraud and demanding a proper investigation rather than dismissing it like they have now. And they'd be right, i also think under a proper investigation they would get the result reversed.

It is arguable that there was a crime committed in terms of electron fraud - but the biggest crime is the refusal of the political class to treat these accusations with the seriousness they deserve and settle the issue for the country.

Last edited:
The issue is the 60+ case weren't lost they weren't heard, despite the quantity of testimony no evidence was ever allowed to be presented in any case.

Because they were deemed frivolous, and lacking standing. What's so difficult to understand? They were embarrassing.

There was a vast amount of evidence and significant anomalies to make half the country feel the election was rigged - if that doesn't have standing I don't know what does. Even if the Supreme judges believe the case is frivolous then at this level of signifigance it must be heard to settle it. If they are so confident Biden won fairly why is be afraid of proving it and completely discrediting Trumps case with a public hearing? The best thing for Biden would be to have the hearing and prove himself beyond reproach assuming he won it fairly as otherwise he will always struggle to get the nation to move on and the division will get wider.

Half (or nearly half) of those who voted (note, not half the country) believes the election was rigged purely because that's what Trump's told them.

Dominion have threatened those who have sullied their reputation with court action ................ and lo and behold, it ceased immediately. Hell, even Lou Dobbs did a retraction of stuff he'd said previously.

Giuliani went to court, and had the opportunity to present his evidence of "fraud", and he specifically declined to say, on oath, that any fraud occurred.

Even Republican officials involved in the states where the alleged "fraud" took place have said that Trump is just delusional. Gabriel Sterling was absolutely excellent, not only in his takedown of the "allegations", but also in pleading with Trump to stop his protestations, "somebody will get hurt" ..........and then we had the Capitol fiasco.

I have to say, I'm surprised at your responses here KDZ. It's not even worth an argument.

I'll leave it there, even given the likelihood you'll respond.........cos to be honest, I just don't know what else to say on this. There's never been a case more black and white.

This takeover is really now getting past a joke. Every one now in the dark. More than we first went into administration.
John ......... as of friday, we know that the Admins will be checking POF of (according to them) a couple of the bidders. Given the EFL's previous questions and investigations here, I suspect that the Admins may go a little beyond simply looking at a bank statement, but might also be doing a little confirmation as to the source of those funds.

Then, (I think) with access to the data room, the bidders can confirm - or alter - their offers............. and then the fun starts.

We were never going to hear anything today ............ maybe tomorrow .......... hopefully wednesday.

The Admins have already said that there's the potential of millions ............. with a reasonable certainty of at least 1 to 1.5 million (if I recollect the numbers rightly).
Question: As I understand it admin are only in as " caretakers" for want of a better word, and will receive hefty fees for doing that task.

So why then are they allowed to take any potential profits realised from selling assets, away from the club/new owners ?

Not specifically for you btw Moonay, just a general question in keeping with the thread.

Question: As I understand it admin are only in as " caretakers" for want of a better word, and will receive hefty fees for doing that task.

So why then are they allowed to take any potential profits realised from selling assets, away from the club/new owners ?

Not specifically for you btw Moonay, just a general question in keeping with the thread.

I'm not sure of the way sell on clauses would work, but I'd presume that any clauses negotiated by the Admins would go to the new owners.

All the Admins are saying is that they're willing to defer £250k of their payment until those clauses start to kick in.

However, I must admit to being a little confused by the issue of them "selling" the remaining value for just £1. This would imply they would had some entitlement to them, even though they were no longer running the club.

I'm just trying to take a logical approach to understanding this, but I may be wrong Dude.

I'm not sure of the way sell on clauses would work, but I'd presume that any clauses negotiated by the Admins would go to the new owners.

All the Admins are saying is that they're willing to defer £250k of their payment until those clauses start to kick in.

However, I must admit to being a little confused by the issue of them "selling" the remaining value for just £1. This would imply they would had some entitlement to them, even though they were no longer running the club.

I'm just trying to take a logical approach to understanding this, but I may be wrong Dude.
These are the questions local journalists should be asking on our behalf

I understand that the EFL will go into much more depth TB than the administrators can/will regarding any bids.But it would just make much more sense to me if they at least did a bit of homework on the potential bidders before offering exclusivity,especially if there are several other acceptable bids all at once.
This whole process stinks though and is so frustrating.How it is structured regarding bidders and exclusivity should've been looked at years ago after previous administrations.The most sensible method of the EFL looking at a few bids at once and passing a bid BEFORE exclusivity is granted is a no brainer to me.It feels like we are being used as guinea pigs when this should've happened years ago!

Sense and Administration don't go hand in hand mate.

You have to understand that the rules around administration were made for normal business failures and there are no special provisions for football clubs.

As I said it is the duty of the admins to realise as much money as they can for the creditors, where that comes from is not their responsibility so long as it comes from a legal source.

They do not have any responsibility for checking the backgrounds of the people they sell to, it's simply a matter of if the cash is there they will sell it to the highest bidder. Krasner has already said that they have no moral obligation to find us the best owner, just someone who can meet the purchase price.

If they were to refuse a bid because they thought the bidder was unsuitable or would not pass the EFL test, they would be leaving themselves open to legal challenge and possibly a big fine or sanctions.

It's not their job.

Because they were deemed frivolous, and lacking standing. What's so difficult to understand? They were embarrassing.

Half (or nearly half) of those who voted (note, not half the country) believes the election was rigged purely because that's what Trump's told them.

Dominion have threatened those who have sullied their reputation with court action ................ and lo and behold, it ceased immediately. Hell, even Lou Dobbs did a retraction of stuff he'd said previously.

Giuliani went to court, and had the opportunity to present his evidence of "fraud", and he specifically declined to say, on oath, that any fraud occurred.

Even Republican officials involved in the states where the alleged "fraud" took place have said that Trump is just delusional. Gabriel Sterling was absolutely excellent, not only in his takedown of the "allegations", but also in pleading with Trump to stop his protestations, "somebody will get hurt" ..........and then we had the Capitol fiasco.

I have to say, I'm surprised at your responses here KDZ. It's not even worth an argument.

I'll leave it there, even given the likelihood you'll respond.........cos to be honest, I just don't know what else to say on this. There's never been a case more black and white.

I think this is exactly the issue, you've heard things that make you believe there is no case, i've heard things that make me believe there is a very strong case.

We'll both think our conclusion is based on facts and the other on misinformation and I suspect we haven't seen the same things to come to such drastically different conclusions. We could both share evidence and we'd probably both feel the source are not credible. Neither side of the debate will accept the opposite as true unless there is something to settle it.

They've had public hearings for the Russian Collusion that was based on the Steel dossier (that was not credible evidence according to the FBI documents since released) so i can't see why the amount of sworn affidavits and statistical anomalies we are talking about don't deserve to be heard in the same manner. With tensions being so high you aren't going to diffuse it by not tackling the issue head on and dismantling the fake narrative - whichever it is.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant - give the Trump team their day in court to present their evidence and then if it's as black and white as you believe the opposition can comfortably discredit it and charge all the people who've made it up accordingly. But if they can prove it then you can charge those responsible and fix the election result.

A crime has been committed by Trumps side (sedition) or the Democrats side (election fraud), you can't charge Trumps side without disproving his claims - so put it in court, give him the chance to back up his claims. If he can't start proceedings against those who deliberately provided false affidavits and deliberately mislead people. To get justice either way Trumps election fraud claims need to be formally heard and then take it from there.

Last edited:

If we are talking about area and states more than half believe it and you'll have a large amount of people who believe voter fraud happens for reasons other than trump telling them. Voter harvesting happens (paying or simply taking votes from people in homes), none citizens voting because their state allows them to get a driving license and automatically registers them and there are a multitude of other issues. The DNC has a history of manipulating votes (it's the reason why Bernie Sanders lost to Clinton). Being on the ground in the country, in my opinion, it's a big divide between those who live in cities and have little freedom anyway Vs those who live outside cities and enjoy freedom (very generalized and black and white view). The previous is based on what I've seen / experienced and not what is being reported or 3rd party info.

The problem on both sides, and Kenny Morris displays this well is facts don't matter, feels do.

People who voted for trump need to be more angry he knew fraud was going to happen and wasn't setup to catch it (or do anything about it in his term), than it being "stolen".

If we are talking about area and states more than half believe it and you'll have a large amount of people who believe voter fraud happens for reasons other than trump telling them. Voter harvesting happens (paying or simply taking votes from people in homes), none citizens voting because their state allows them to get a driving license and automatically registers them and there are a multitude of other issues. The DNC has a history of manipulating votes (it's the reason why Bernie Sanders lost to Clinton). Being on the ground in the country, in my opinion, it's a big divide between those who live in cities and have little freedom anyway Vs those who live outside cities and enjoy freedom (very generalized and black and white view). The previous is based on what I've seen / experienced and not what is being reported or 3rd party info.

The problem on both sides, and Kenny Morris displays this well is facts don't matter, feels do.

People who voted for trump need to be more angry he knew fraud was going to happen and wasn't setup to catch it (or do anything about it in his term), than it being "stolen".

Wlatic, but you had Republican officials in those states/cities telling Trump et al that it was rubbish. Point by point, they went through the "evidence" and showed it to be baseless.

To talk about area and states, and then equate that to "half" is misleading in the extreme. It's like equating Cumbia with Greater London !

I grant you the last point though ........... with the addition of the key word, "if".

Wlatic, but you had Republican officials in those states/cities telling Trump et al that it was rubbish. Point by point, they went through the "evidence" and showed it to be baseless.

To talk about area and states, and then equate that to "half" is misleading in the extreme. It's like equating Cumbia with Greater London !

I grant you the last point though ........... with the addition of the key word, "if".

Unfortunately it's just a give voter fraud happens. Anyone who says there was none or not widespread are simply incorrect. I've not seen anyone show all evidence was baseless. I personally know of two items of voter fraud in my small personal sphere.

It's very much related to the admin and what they do. Courts of opinions now count for much more than the written law (I'd like what happened with the Texas supreme court case to if we took the admin team to court for mismanagement).

Status
Not open for further replies.