NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 401 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Lenegan is bidding,

He doesnt have the sort of money needed to run a football club with no income and significant outgoings and a stadium that loses money, has no income streams and needs money spending on it.

£5m wont scratch the surface on the footballing side. To do both will take well over double that.

If Norman Smurthwaite is the 'Last Resort' before liquidation,
what type of club can we expect.

Will he have learned his lessons since Port Vale?

They said they didn't want to hand over their money for the % ownership on offer, but I don't recall them actually saying that they didn't support the Spanish bid. There's a massive difference.

The flip side of that is they never said they supported the Spanish bid either and we're very quick to try and bin them off after Cristo failed the EFL test. They were also close with Nandy who was saying the Spanish were not right and never challenged that so I think it was likely they were on the same page.

I think they were very careful not to burn any bridges but throughout the Spanish bid i think their silence was quite telling.

If Norman Smurthwaite is the 'Last Resort' before liquidation,
what type of club can we expect.

Will he have learned his lessons since Port Vale?

I suspect his plan would be to buy the club and invest sufficiently to get us promoted and sell for a profit - which I think is fine in theory. But I imagine he'd put all that cost as debt on the club like Choi did and if it doesn't go to plan we'd end up back in a similar spot.

As a mega last resort it's probably better than liquidation but we certainly want to avoid him and other people like that if at all possible.

So, we need some bidders with £10m to buy a L1 Club?

Any bidder I believe needs 3m to buy and 5m proof of funds to cover 2 years of predicted operating costs. So 8m at least.

But unless you can immediately start selling players to cover those operating costs the amount and owner would need to invest will go beyond that initial 8m.

Any bidder I believe needs 3m to buy and 5m proof of funds to cover 2 years of predicted operating costs. So 8m at least.

But unless you can immediately start selling players to cover those operating costs the amount and owner would need to invest will go beyond that initial 8m.
How much will the Admins get selling players,
going off their previous record in the Transfer Market?

Like a stuck record I know but if they had got adequate fees for the first team and academy talent rather than panic gift them we would easily be able to make the end of the season and bring in the required L1 level players we need right now.
They have royally fecked this up.

I think the hope Springy is that the Admins won't need to sell any more players if they get a sale in the next week or two ........so any future sales will go to the new owner.

I think the hope Springy is that the Admins won't need to sell any more players if they get a sale in the next week or two ........so any future sales will go to the new owner.
Then again we've been saying this since July! The admins were never going to let go until every ounce of value had been stripped.

The initial cost will remain about 8m no matter who admin sell as money raised from sales will go towards running costs while we are without an owner.

The ongoing costs and recouping money via sales beyond that will be on the eventual new owners.

We desperately need a good buyer, with the best interests of the Club,
the last thing we need is other con men owning the Club,
as i think we'll all end up on Tranquilizers.

Admin already shown with Ganaye that they won't hold off selling players no matter how close a deal is. So up to bidders to get deal locked in asap as requesting no more sales won't work.

Considering the amount of needless wars that set the middle east on fire, drone striking civilians, mass illegal spying on innocent citizens, persecution of whiatleblowers, mass incarceration for minor drugs offences, etc commited by so many of his predecessors - he isn't even close to being the worst.
None of them incited their supporters to storm the Capitol though and divided the US along racial lines quite the same as the misogynist, racist, child that is DJ Trump

Admin already shown with Ganaye that they won't hold off selling players no matter how close a deal is. So up to bidders to get deal locked in asap as requesting no more sales won't work.
It all comes down to whether or not there's sufficient money to keep paying the bills.

12 points from the last 7 games is an excellent return and shows real progress under Leam and Gregor.We have the nucleus of a good young side and hope!If those parasites don't sell anyone else and with a few additions we have a real chance of survival as it stands.

Krasner and Stanley both said before the Spaniards bid was accepted we had enough money in the club till Xmas.Since then we have had 300k from the Spaniards for exclusivity and 375k from the Prem.I watched the Krasner and Stanley podcasts with Jay after the Spaniards bid had just been accepted and both say we are now entitled to 300-600k from the EFL that they initially witheld from the end of last season (now that all football creditors have been paid).They said they themselves can use those funds to run the club if needed or if it's not,the new owner will get them.

Thats best part of 1m of funds available to us after Xmas,with big earners Garner and recently Naismith off the wage bill.Surely all those funds mean those leeches don't need to sell any more players as there are enough funds in the club for the time it would take for them to send proper bids to the EFL (next week) and for the EFL to then pick the most suitable one.That bid then gets exclusivity and we get another 300k to keep going till it's complete.

I really am sick of all this off field bollocks this past 6 months!It's a disgrace we are still in this position and the administrators have made a bad situation even worse!By Friday I want to see no more bulls*** excuses from the administrators and real progress,with all the acceptable bids sent off to the EFL to start scrutinising!

12 points from the last 7 games is an excellent return and shows real progress under Leam and Gregor.We have the nucleus of a good young side and hope!If those parasites don't sell anyone else and with a few additions we have a real chance of survival as it stands.

Krasner and Stanley both said before the Spaniards bid was accepted we had enough money in the club till Xmas.Since then we have had 300k from the Spaniards for exclusivity and 375k from the Prem.I watched the Krasner and Stanley podcasts with Jay after the Spaniards bid had just been accepted and both say we are now entitled to 300-600k from the EFL that they initially witheld from the end of last season (now that all football creditors have been paid).They said they themselves can use those funds to run the club if needed or if it's not,the new owner will get them.

Thats best part of 1m of funds available to us after Xmas,with big earners Garner and recently Naismith off the wage bill.Surely all those funds mean those leeches don't need to sell any more players as there are enough funds in the club for the time it would take for them to send proper bids to the EFL (next week) and for the EFL to then pick the most suitable one.That bid then gets exclusivity and we get another 300k to keep going till it's complete.

I really am sick of all this off field bollocks this past 6 months!It's a disgrace we are still in this position and the administrators have made a bad situation even worse!By Friday I want to see no more bulls*** excuses from the administrators and real progress,with all the acceptable bids sent off to the EFL to start scrutinising!

Well said.

I dont doubt it, but at the time, the 50 were looking at a Championship club with lots of valuable players, two training grounds etc. Its like showing prospective house purchasers a Kensington mansion, then saying actually its a Platt Bridge portaloo that hasnt been cleaned for a year.

Did the Admins get a clause for ( Sell on Fees ) for these valuable players,
just in case they are for sold for millions of £s in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.