NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 405 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back on topic for a second .................................... with no snippets of news/rumour being leaked, (to anyone it seems .........good or bad), it's probably fair to say that it's slightly disappointing that the "11" interested parties declared by the Admins is most likely a significantly smaller number................................ there'd surely have been a leak from somewhere if not.

I still reckon (possibly today) tomorrow might see some news, maybe thursday. However, if the EFL have already been involved in the vetting process (not fully sure if they have or not) then we might still see a speedy conclusion.

:please:

Last edited:
I think the difference here is you believe the courts refused to hear the case because of evidence isn't sufficient while i believe the courts are refusing despite the evidence being sufficient . If the case is insufficient then i think it's an even bigger reason to put it on the stand to let it die on it's own merit in front of the world and remove the doubt.

I don't "believe" that KDZ .......it's what the courts themselves have stated .......... including the Supreme Court.

They're telling the Prosecutors loud and clear that their cases are rubbish.

Another difference is you believe Trumps allies are are siding against him, where even before this i'd not count many of the Republican party his genuine ally and they see this as their chance to get rid of him.

Think best thing to do at this point is agree to disagree as we both genuinely believe the complete opposite and without a full public hearing to settle the argument we are going to just go round in circles.

Would be nice if there was a bit of movement with the takeover to give us something more relevant to discuss.

I've not argued that Trump's allies are "siding against him" at all. I've simply said that
a) Barr (as AG for the DoJ ...........and therefore, he shouldn't have any allegiance, even though Barr was most definitely Trump's ally during the Mueller investigation) has declared there to be no evidence. That's not siding against him, that's just knowing that he can't just lie !
and
b) Republican election officials, in the face of enormous pressure have done their job. That's all.

I'm more than happy to disagree KDZ. I wasn't going to post on it again after my post yesterday ........however, Wlatic posted summat misleading (re states/area) and then Jock added summat ........... so I've continued.

I'll be honest, even if I could understand some of your concerns, I'm still puzzled why you don't seem to acknowledge Giuliani's actions in court, and the explanations re many of the allegations from Gabriel Sterling (among others).

Happy to move on though. (y)

Anybody that can defend a misogynist, racist war monger that should be facing prosecution for treason after what he said in his speech outside the Whitehouse are no better than him and not allowed a platform to try to defend the indefensible.

Agreed, can you not create a separate topic when replying to something that is totally removed from the subject title.
I know Moonay will say "well there's nothing else happening" but it just save the rest of us from opening up the thread to read other irrelevant shyte.
But it won't continue Sid. We've (well, me & KDZ have) already agreed to knock it on the head.

Surely this place if just for opinions. Does anyone really come on here looking for news? Granted, there'll be a few rumours ( which many have said they don't want !!!) but in the main, if you're looking for real, actual new about the takeover, then either look on the website, or Wigan Today. Alternatively, If you do twitter, then follow Paul Kendrick (or even Alan Nixon), but a message board is full of blokes/ladies offering their two penn'orth whether it's sensible or not.

No offence meant to anyone by the way.

But it won't continue Sid. We've (well, me & KDZ have) already agreed to knock it on the head.

Surely this place if just for opinions. Does anyone really come on here looking for news? Granted, there'll be a few rumours ( which many have said they don't want !!!) but in the main, if you're looking for real, actual new about the takeover, then either look on the website, or Wigan Today. Alternatively, If you do twitter, then follow Paul Kendrick (or even Alan Nixon), but a message board is full of blokes/ladies offering their two penn'orth whether it's sensible or not.

No offence meant to anyone by the way.

No offence received and just thought I would add my suggestion and opinion to the thread.

WIGAN ATHLETIC ONLY PLEASE. THANKS

Taff, with (seriously) no disrespect intended, given your last post was on 10th Jan, and before that on New Year's Eve, your request is noted, but as far as I'm concerned, it will more or less be ignored.

I fully acknowledge that we're all free to post as frequently as we like, but it just so happens that sometimes, for those of us who happen to post more frequently, it's not unusual for threads to go off topic for a page or two. They normally recover.

Let's face it .......... it's actually going a little off topic now, with the discussion that it's already gone off topic re Trump, and the requests to get it back on topic !

:cheers:

Mooney. I don’t keep a record of when I post so why do you feel the need to check and comment, it’s not relevant but what is relevant is that I check on here every day and more than once to see if there is any news about WIGAN ATHLETIC. Ther ha always been an off tpic page so use it pleas and leave the rest of us to concentrate and what’s relevant to this site. ie WIGAN ATHLETIC

The bloody wall of effin wall of silence is becoming beyond a joke. Someone, anyone, needs to give some insight into what the hell is going on. It's over 6 months and the lack of information is woeful. Just waiting for the announcement from the leeches that they have had no alternative but to sell Joseph. It's all getting completely depressing and I for one am absolutely sick of it all

Mooney. I don’t keep a record of when I post so why do you feel the need to check and comment, it’s not relevant but what is relevant is that I check on here every day and more than once to see if there is any news about WIGAN ATHLETIC. Ther ha always been an off tpic page so use it pleas and leave the rest of us to concentrate and what’s relevant to this site. ie WIGAN ATHLETIC
I checked simply cos I didn't remember your last contribution Taff, that's all.

It's not a separate thread........it's a diversion of this one. no need to get nowty about it.

You just concentrate on checking in every day to see what others have posted.

The bloody wall of effin wall of silence is becoming beyond a joke. Someone, anyone, needs to give some insight into what the hell is going on. It's over 6 months and the lack of information is woeful. Just waiting for the announcement from the leeches that they have had no alternative but to sell Joseph. It's all getting completely depressing and I for one am absolutely sick of it all
I believe the wall of silence can only be because all the players involved have signed an NDA agreeing they would not talk until it is all over and agreed. It is interesting that even those fans in the know are silent and so are the admins as they appear to have stopped feeding info to Nixon. Although it is frustrating for us fans we need to stay as patient as we can and hope we are rewarded with some good news soon

I believe the wall of silence can only be because all the players involved have signed an NDA agreeing they would not talk until it is all over and agreed. It is interesting that even those fans in the know are silent and so are the admins as they appear to have stopped feeding info to Nixon. Although it is frustrating for us fans we need to stay as patient as we can and hope we are rewarded with some good news soon

Not necessarily an NDA stopping anyone saying anything could be as much down to individuals not wanting to show their hand for various reasons. As if you went public saying anything and then it didn't go to plan it could damage your credibility or negotiating position.

I'm not worried about silence as we know stuff is happening and even if there isn't an update it doesn't mean progress hasn't been made. I'll be worried if we get an update saying nothing has moved with any of the 4 main parties.

......... It is interesting that even those fans in the know are silent and so are the admins as they appear to have stopped feeding info to Nixon. Although it is frustrating for us fans we need to stay as patient as we can and hope we are rewarded with some good news soon

Maybe, just maybe, the Admins have made a bit of a rod for their own back. They stated that when they kicked the Spaniards out, they were actively courting (my words, not theirs) all those who were previously interested. Maybe, they've reaped something of a whirlwind, and instead of focusing on the couple (small handful, anyway) of those who might be "really serious", they've had to spread themselves too thinly in trying to manage firstly the 30 with whom they made initial contact, and now the (supposed) 11 remaining in the race.

Only this time last week, posters were wanting an end to rumours .......... now, there's a craving for them ! :LOL:

I seem to remember somebody posting on here a few months ago that in takeovers in the past he's suddenly gone quiet when it looks as though something was being finalised. Let's hope that really is the case.

Why has the process now changed where it looks like bidders have to pass the EFL test BEFORE exclusivity is granted?Why wasn't this more sensible method not implemented at the very start of the process as the original method clearly isn't set in stone?

I understand that the administrators will accept the highest bid,therefore the best deal for the creditors.But in that case why did Stanley say the last minute half price offer from Moreno would've still been accepted?This is despite knowing that there were other higher bids by several parties a few months earlier and it was well documented some where still interested.
If Moreno hadn't been bothered about a points deduction then that bid would've been accepted,then the creditors would've got nothing.But now the process has been opened up again,the creditors now look like they have a chance of getting 25% back.This highlights the incompetence of the administrators because if they'd had their way the halved Spanish offer would've been accepted,Moreno would be our new owner with a 15 point deduction and the creditors get nothing.

It is just a change in the way they are operating. Exclusivity is not always used in administrations but is considered to be a way of being fair to the bidder.

Think of buying a house, placing a deposit and then the seller backing out and selling to a higher bidder.

It is used to prevent bidders from losing out financially as they will have to spend money on legal representation and searches as they do due diligence on the sale. If the admins were negotiating with another party at the same time there is the possibility they could accept another bid and leave you with a large financial loss through no fault of your own. Exclusivity stops this happening.

As far as Moreno lowering his offer, I would imagine that although they would have accepted the bid they would have dropped exclusivity and opened the process up to other parties hoping to get a higher bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.