NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 379 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could bring in any number of well paid "player coaches" to avoid breaking the cap as they don't count - a la Derby with Rooney 😉

Wigan announce signing of 15 player coaches. Club wage bill is back up to 12m but they are coaching each other so it's not cheating. Honest.

Never a good word for anyone have you?
Serial moaner or what
How about trying to be a little less combative and a bit more respectful to people who know a lot more than you do about certain things and who are actually in a position and trying to do something positive.
How is that moaning?

I spelled out my opinion on "gauging" what is going on. EFL matter, the others do not.

Are you saying the SC are proactively setting out their requirements in public?
Are you saying Nandy isn't using this as a PR exercise?
Are you saying Jackson isn't wanting to hold onto a job? (I know JJ is a touchy subject [triggering] for you and this elicited this response. 20% of your replies in the new year have mentioned JJ)

How about some opinions from you or providing a rebuttal to either my opinion or the facts I've presented.

Who would have thought that when we played in the NPL at Springy
watching matches on those freezing cold days and nights playing against,
Northwich Victoria, Alty, Stafford Rangers ect,
we would be involved with International takeover scandals ect.

Then again none of us at the time ever believed we would get
to Div1 (PL) or win the FA Cup.

Latics backs are against the wall (Not for the first time) in it's History,
and we will carry on as Club, no matter what League we are in,
the younger generation of fans will have to replace us old 'foggies'
to carry the banner forward.

As the song goes:

For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what fans are for.

Last edited:
Some one posted. Before. We all laughed at Dave Whelan saying he would take us to promised land. Yes we did. But in them days. There was no wage cap most of the signings were record signings. For us. So any one thinking we’re are on the up again if this frampton chap gets us is dreaming. Lenagan will be more than happy. Having a rugby fan buying us

John, given these rugby fan ‘bogey man’ sentiments, isn’t it worth remembering that prior to his involvement with Latics, Dave Whelan was on the board at Wigan Rugby .....and prior to turning his attention to building the JJB .......his first choice was to redevelop Central Park as a joint home for Rugby and Latics.
I know this to be true because I not only remember the concept at the time but I also heard him address an audience at Wigan Cricket Club regarding his involvement in trying to ‘save’ Central Park.
After that meeting at WCC I collared him on the car park and asked him one to one what he thought would transpire and he told me he intended to redevelop Central Park into a 20,000 all seater stadium....and if they didn’t let him (I believe ‘they’ were the resistant Rugby board) then he would build his own ground .....which he did.

Edit ; So we didn’t do too bad under the direction of that particular ‘rugby fan’ did we ?.....Despite him eventually inviting Maurice f*****g Lindsay on to the Latics board ....now THAT was a slap in the face .....(not that it ever even crossed my mind to take my ball home and boycott matches.)

Last edited:
I would love to see full disclosure of incomings

I'll tell you want the incomings don't include, match streaming monies that some fans misguidedly think in some way benefits the admins, despite pleas from the SC and JJ for fans to buy these - and merchandise from the club shop - as this is THE ONLY SOURCE OF REVENUE that the club can generate.

Someone more informed please correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that the Admins will get paid (essentially) by Au Yeung, not WAFC.
Once all the sales are done, and the outstanding creditors paid off, the Admin will take their exorbitant fees and give the remaining balance to Au Yeung. The more the admins spend, the less Au Yeung gets.
Is this incorrect ?

I'll tell you want the incomings don't include, match streaming monies that some fans misguidedly think in some way benefits the admins, despite pleas from the SC and JJ for fans to buy these - and merchandise from the club shop - as this is THE ONLY SOURCE OF REVENUE that the club can generate.

Someone more informed please correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that the Admins will get paid (essentially) by Au Yeung, not WAFC.
Once all the sales are done, and the outstanding creditors paid off, the Admin will take their exorbitant fees and give the remaining balance to Au Yeung. The more the admins spend, the less Au Yeung gets.
Is this incorrect ?
I'm not authority Arthur, but I think you're spot on.

I'm not authority Arthur, but I think you're spot on.

.. and I'll qualify my assertion slightly as the other way that WAFC can (be forced) to generate some revenue is to sell players like Kyle Joseph, because we don't have enough money coming in from other revenue streams to cover running costs.

.. and I'll qualify my assertion slightly as the other way that WAFC can (be forced) to generate some revenue is to sell players like Kyle Joseph, because we don't have enough money coming in from other revenue streams to cover running costs.
Point taken ......... but that's not so much "generating revenue" as "doing whatever you have to do to survive".

Selling a youngster in a couple of years, when we're not in these strange uncertain times, and when we'd (hopefully) get a decent fee for him, is a legitimate strategy. Having to release a prospect prematurely just to pay the bills is galling.

Point taken ......... but that's not so much "generating revenue" as "doing whatever you have to do to survive".

Selling a youngster in a couple of years, when we're not in these strange uncertain times, and when we'd (hopefully) get a decent fee for him, is a legitimate strategy. Having to release a prospect prematurely just to pay the bills is galling.

Yep, as fans we would expect to see a couple of years from our young players to help them and the team develop.

If Kyle stays another season it will benefit both him and Wigan Athletic.

I am annoyed that Alfie and Joe had to be sold to play for some Prem under 23s side. How does that match playing in a real league.

There needs to be a rule about this shithousing.

Is this incorrect ?

As I understand it, Au Yeung won't see a penny from the sale of anything that he once owned.
He put the club in to administration because it had no means of fulfilling the obligations to the creditors. The administrators are appointed to ensure those obligations are met as fully as they can be
Whilst he was a creditor, taking him and the admin at their word (difficult I know), he has waived any money due to him.
The money raised from the sale of Latics, Christopher Park, the DW, Euxton & Sharpy's is all going to pay off the creditors what they are owed or as much of possible of that amount & to cover the admin's fees - I know the talk has been paying non-football creditors 25p in the £ but if someone had offered to pay them 75p in the £ they'd have snapped their hands off but everyone knows that would never happen.
The players have been flogged to meet football debts in full & to keep the club running & able to pay salaries.
The only way Au Yeung would see a penny from the admin sell off would be if he hadn't written off what was owed to him as a creditor. It's not that any profit left from the sale after paying creditors & admin goes to him coz the creditors aren't getting paid in full anyway

That's as I understand it - although I could be completely wrong

Is this incorrect ?
Then I'm misguided but stubbornly and consistently putting money at the disposal of the admins on principle.
Bit rich to guilt trip on the basis of needing further fan support to keep the club going.
Suggest your ammo should be lobbed at the admins here as if they had not sold everything not nailed down for a pittance we would be in a positive cash position right now not scrabbling around down the back of the sofa for coppers

The only way Au Yeung would see a penny from the admin sell off would be if he hadn't written off what was owed to him as a creditor. It's not that any profit left from the sale after paying creditors & admin goes to him coz the creditors aren't getting paid in full anyway

That's as I understand it - although I could be completely wrong

But if the Admins fees are covered, and non footballing creditors have been paid their (admittedly measly) 25%, and there's still (theoretically) surplus from the sale, then wouldn't that go to Au Yeung? .......................... or would it got toward paying the non footballing creditors a higher % ?

Then I'm misguided but stubbornly and consistently putting money at the disposal of the admins on principle.
Bit rich to guilt trip on the basis of needing further fan support to keep the club going.
Suggest your ammo should be lobbed at the admins here as if they had not sold everything not nailed down for a pittance we would be in a positive cash position right now not scrabbling around down the back of the sofa for coppers

You are correct Hampton, it was a deliberate guilt trip attempt, In the past I've disagreed with your reasoning, but respected your decision and that sat fine with me .... up until Jays interview with the SC and JJ.
They clearly requested that fans take up the match passes to help the club survive.
From here on in every time we are forced to sell a player just to pay bills I am going to lay some blame at the door of all the fans who continue to choose not to spend their money on match streaming passes for any reason other than affordability. The biggest culprits IMO are those who watch the illegal streams, but I also lay some blame at the feet of fans who had initial good or principled intentions but have since heard the pleas to buy match passes and still choose to ignore them.

I wish we could get the uptake figures for the Rochdale game to see if anyone has actually bothered to take on board the comments from JJ, I'd certainly respect you all the more Hampton if you said "up until now I've stood by my principles but having heard the request from JJ and the club I've now decided to help in this one small way and urge everyone else to do the same".

You are correct Hampton, it was a deliberate guilt trip attempt, In the past I've disagreed with your reasoning, but respected your decision and that sat fine with me .... up until Jays interview with the SC and JJ.
They clearly requested that fans take up the match passes to help the club survive.
From here on in every time we are forced to sell a player just to pay bills I am going to lay some blame at the door of all the fans who continue to choose not to spend their money on match streaming passes for any reason other than affordability. The biggest culprits IMO are those who watch the illegal streams, but I also lay some blame at the feet of fans who had initial good or principled intentions but have since heard the pleas to buy match passes and still choose to ignore them.

I wish we could get the uptake figures for the Rochdale game to see if anyone has actually bothered to take on board the comments from JJ, I'd certainly respect you all the more Hampton if you said "up until now I've stood by my principles but having heard the request from JJ and the club I've now decided to help in this one small way and urge everyone else to do the same".
Fully respect your position Arthur though I don't agree with it.
Not in the illegal streaming pot and it's been really tough not to watch games - except Chorley !.
It's all well and good the SC and JJ coming out and making statements on this and if they were running the day to day fair do's but having donated significantly to the appeal there is only so many times you can go to the well. An appeal whilst well intentioned is being put to no good use right now - understand it's original concept but it's dead money - why don't the SC for example offer funds to the admins as a loan to support running costs on the basis of no player sales for example ?
Alternatively if the admins were to come out and state no more player sales if streaming reaches a certain level or indeed merchandise sales then that could change my mind.
Otherwise it's not for me as given track record and results delivered so far the admins will continue to act with impunity not in anyone's best interest but their own and disregard the welfare of both the club the fans.

I'm with Hampton on this...I have put many thousands into the Latics over the years and made my 3 digit donation to the SC fund but I'm not putting any of my money anywhere near those fat bastards. I'm not bothered who says what or tries to reassure me I just don't trust those bloodsucking shitheads. Sorry but thats the way it is. As soon as they're gone I will go back to spending as much as I can.

Is this incorrect ?

I believe it was confirmed in the Jay Whittle interviews what Nixon reported about sale of Euxton was ringed fenced to pay the admin fees.

They had some type of justification that the training ground was a separate company so technically it's not coming out of the club (even though they previously included it in the club package they said wouldn't be sold separately).

So i think we've certainly paid for them one way or another.

Fully respect your position Arthur though I don't agree with it.
Not in the illegal streaming pot and it's been really tough not to watch games - except Chorley !.
It's all well and good the SC and JJ coming out and making statements on this and if they were running the day to day fair do's but having donated significantly to the appeal there is only so many times you can go to the well. An appeal whilst well intentioned is being put to no good use right now - understand it's original concept but it's dead money - why don't the SC for example offer funds to the admins as a loan to support running costs on the basis of no player sales for example ?
Alternatively if the admins were to come out and state no more player sales if streaming reaches a certain level or indeed merchandise sales then that could change my mind.
Otherwise it's not for me as given track record and results delivered so far the admins will continue to act with impunity not in anyone's best interest but their own and disregard the welfare of both the club the fans.

With the best will in the world if the SC gave the money in a loan there was no guarantee it would come back as things could still go wrong and we could end up in a worse position than we are now, with no owner and no fund left to buy the club in any capacity if liquidation was on the cards.

I don't think it's so much dead money it's a card the fans have left to play as a last resort.

I think keeping it back until we either have a new owner in place or we have exhausted all ownership options is the right call.

John, given these rugby fan ‘bogey man’ sentiments, isn’t it worth remembering that prior to his involvement with Latics, Dave Whelan was on the board at Wigan Rugby .....and prior to turning his attention to building the JJB .......his first choice was to redevelop Central Park as a joint home for Rugby and Latics.
I know this to be true because I not only remember the concept at the time but I also heard him address an audience at Wigan Cricket Club regarding his involvement in trying to ‘save’ Central Park.
After that meeting at WCC I collared him on the car park and asked him one to one what he thought would transpire and he told me he intended to redevelop Central Park into a 20,000 all seater stadium....and if they didn’t let him (I believe ‘they’ were the resistant Rugby board) then he would build his own ground .....which he did.

Edit ; So we didn’t do too bad under the direction of that particular ‘rugby fan’ did we ?.....Despite him eventually inviting Maurice f*****g Lindsay on to the Latics board ....now THAT was a slap in the face .....(not that it ever even crossed my mind to take my ball home and boycott matches.)

I never understand why it matters if any potential owner has ties to any other sport. If they are a fan or have a stake in anything else is irrelevant as long as they have the funds and do a good job for us. Be that a NFL side, a European football team or a local Rugby club i don't care how they spend their time and money outside of us if they are doing the business for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.