NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 236 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spanish have paid a deposit,paid the bills since October the 1st and provided proof of funds,no other group have shown anything at all!Plenty groups talking a good game but only the Spanish stepping up to the next step!

Thats a completely different situation, I'm regarding the motives when such owners owns the club, will they put those plans from actions to words? Choi and Yeung showed the money, then did a runner!

From the way news of their bid broke to the way “gossip” started to emerge about the Spanish bid and how it’s also emerged “prominent” Latics fans were contacted with info, my view of this bid is already tainted.

Maybe as a result of this I’m biased but in the 15 minutes I’ve heard so far I found it more interesting for the answers he didn’t or wouldn’t give than the answers he actually gave. Much like the questions he wouldn’t answer when news of the bid officially broke

I believe so but many Wigan fans know better than multimillion pound businessmen 😉

Gives a decent sales pitch, but felt he was very heavy on soundbites, light on substance a lot of the time - even taking the NDA into account. I just don’t get this ‘community investment’ line, or why a Hong Kong group would want to spend (and lose) money on a town with little money in it to begin with.

Very non-committal on the idea of paying admin costs for the duration of the takeover process too, which I thought was weird considering he spent the rest of the interview talking about spending on everything and anything Wigan.

Another day in admin floats by to the delight of no one - except the admins obvs.
Thanks again EFL for your care of our club, your trumpeted support of mental health is again on display.
It's rumoured that the prem league (loose change) support package is again close to being confirmed.
If it is and we remain in admin will the tossers be withholding this together with the staged transfer payment due and the "solidarity" monies from last season ?
Think I know the answer to this .....!

“Very non-committal on the idea of paying admin costs for the duration of the takeover process too, which I thought was weird considering he spent the rest of the interview talking about spending on Everything and anything Wigan”

I thought that too, and gives a possible indication as to why they were told no when enquiring about exclusivity

He talks a good game and I 100% agree with him wanting to try and end the rivalry with Warriors.

For the investment in the borough I find it very difficult to believe a private company based on the other side of the world would want to invest in the community on such a large scale on top of the millions and millions they will lose in covering the football loses. To me that is the bit that makes me the most skeptical as I can't see the return on investment adding up even in the long term. Those schools and hospitals would require continually heavy investment and never produce any financial return, even if his investment fostered the heavy increase in support he imagines - the revenue of selling out the DW every week would be a drop in the ocean compared to the type of money they'd be spending in the community on the type of scale he is talking. It's a lovely idea but it doesn't sound like a realistic one. The Man City model he discussed is only possible if your owner is worth so many billion that millions are small change and very few people in the world fit in that category.

He says he's been in touch with Jackson, the Council and SC - no one will speak openly while the Spanish bid is active but it will be very interesting to see what any of them will say about it. I also thought it was strange he said he has talked to all the main players except Nandy and if his plan is with the council and so good she would've seen it - so why was Nandy not keen to back him?

He says admin have his bid so if it was as good and credible as he claims I can't see why they'd have given the Spanish 2 extensions with their difficulty so far with the EFL rather than open it up.

I also didn't understand the NDA comments around aspects of his bid in the sense it's his bid if he wants to tell people every detail of his offer I'd have thought that would be up to him as long as he's not sharing what other parties said in their discussions.

He said admin told him they can't speak due to the exclusivity which he accepts and understands but wasn't he claiming admin were ignoring his bids on Twitter earlier in the week? In the interview he seemed to project a more 'what will be will be' approach but he seemed to be a lot more frustrated and urgent with the Tweets I saw. Which I thought seemed a bit of a disconnect.

It's tempting to get excited about the plans but I find it hard to shake the feeling of 'it sounds too good to be true'. I'd love him to get the club and all his claims be proven accurate but backing up all those promises seems a hell of a tall order.

Rightly or wrongly it appears his claims are not being taken as credible by some of the main players.

Last edited:
How much longer do the shower at the EFL need to make a bloody decision? This is getting beyond painful now. We need new owners and some investment - NOW!!

Garner gone, why would you when were "about" to be taken over?

News owners if asked wouldn't sanction top scorer going on a free in our plight. If deal was truly imminent I think they would've certainly been consulted. Presumably admin agreeing with Nandy and don't think it's happening anytime soon so just continuing the 'not a fire sale' cost cutting.

If EFL not happy to pass it then stop kicking can down the road and make the call before the delay kills us. We should've had a decision long before now either way.

Thank you so much to all involved in the absolute destruction of our club - been a pleasure watching your work 🥺

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201124-191512_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20201124-191512_Twitter.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 18
News owners if asked wouldn't sanction top scorer going on a free in our plight. If deal was truly imminent I think they would've certainly been consulted. Presumably admin agreeing with Nandy and don't think it's happening anytime soon so just continuing the 'not a fire sale' cost cutting.

If EFL not happy to pass it then stop kicking can down the road and make the call before the delay kills us. We should've had a decision long before now either way.

EFL complete lack of urgency or ability to make a decision after requiring all documents 3 times is what will kill the club. Laughable organisation. They should have accepted or rejected weeks ago. Should be under new ownership by now or another party in exclusivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.