NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 235 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt take long for them to ratify Derby Countys takeover. You would have thought that would have been subject to massive scrutiny after Derbys record with their past owner.

Didn't Derbys takeover talks begin in May?
Around 3 months earlier than ours?

I'm hoping we get the best possible owners. If the Spanish can't do a deal with the SC, satisfy whatever issues with the council or pass the fit and proper test then the sooner the EFL confirm that the better to give someone else a chance to come in. As the longer we stay in this limbo the harder it is for someone else to come in.

If they can do a satisfactory deal with the SC, get the council on side and pass the EFL test then let's see it, we are already 3 weeks later and 2 extensions past the original timeline.
Why do people keep saying any new owners have to do a deal with the SC? No deal is needed with any SC and that goes with any takeover of any club, people seem to think SC's are involved in clubs, in 95% of clubs they aren't so they

I'm hoping we get the best possible owners. If the Spanish can't do a deal with the SC, satisfy whatever issues with the council or pass the fit and proper test then the sooner the EFL confirm that the better to give someone else a chance to come in. As the longer we stay in this limbo the harder it is for someone else to come in.

If they can do a satisfactory deal with the SC, get the council on side and pass the EFL test then let's see it, we are already 3 weeks later and 2 extensions past the original timeline.

Each to their own & all that, but for me I couldn't care less whether the SC do or don't want to do a deal with the Spanish group
It's not a prerequisite of a takeover that a SC approves the deal nor is a prerequisite of a takeover that the new owners even offer a SC a stake in the club in return for investment.
If they do fine, if they don't then I fail to see why it would be such a deal breaker in order for anyone to get behind the club's new owners whoever that ends up being.

Why would Wigan Warriors agree to a revised rental agreement when their current agreement (which is an immensely good deal in their favour) is contractually binding? For example, let's say I signed a 50 year binding contract with the owner of a top of the range Ferrari giving me the right to drive that Ferrari twice a week for the price of £10 a month where only I and not the current owner or any new owner of the Ferrari down the line have the ability to break that clause. Then, 20 years down the line the owner sells the Ferrari to someone else, who then contacts me, telling me that the price has gone up to £100 a month, I'd wave the contract in their face and tell them to fuck off.

This essentially is what Ian Lenegan can do (and probably has done) to the Spanish should (as many suspect) they be looking to increase their rent.

Whelan's fucked us over on that deal and there's nothing we can do about it until 2050 or whenever the deal ends. Unless of course, the Warriors turn Robin Park into their own ground and leave the DW permanently.
Because the owner has not sold the company to someone else. The company will close and a new company will take over. Depending on the terms of the takeover will determine whether or not the new company agrees to honour previous agreements, all perfectly normal

Why do people keep saying any new owners have to do a deal with the SC? No deal is needed with any SC and that goes with any takeover of any club, people seem to think SC's are involved in clubs, in 95% of clubs they aren't so they

No one is saying a takeover can't happen without the SC - but they are saying that there really should be one - there is 800k to invest in exchange for a reasonable stake - if both parties have good intentions then a deal should be possible.

Each to their own & all that, but for me I couldn't care less whether the SC do or don't want to do a deal with the Spanish group
It's not a prerequisite of a takeover that a SC approves the deal nor is a prerequisite of a takeover that the new owners even offer a SC a stake in the club in return for investment.
If they do fine, if they don't then I fail to see why it would be such a deal breaker in order for anyone to get behind the club's new owners whoever that ends up being.

We have a lack of information about what is going on behind the scenes, the EFL are what they are, you can argue that the council or Nandy have some other type of intention but the SC are fans just like us who want the best from our club.

We didn't have any fans involved at all in the previous takeover process to get any idea of if the deal was a good one or not, this time we do. So i think the endorsements from the SC will go a long way in reducing any concerns that we should have after what happened with the last owners.

They've got 800k in hand that they want to use to help the club that i believe has to be returned if not used. They are in the meetings and have all the details we don't, if they are not on board then they will likely have good reasons. I trust our fans more than i trust anyone else coming in from the outside. If we were in the same position with any other buyer i'd say the same. I am looking to the SC above anyone else for an indication of how good this deal is as they are in the same boat as us but with the inside track.

For anyone interested, here's a link to an interview with Tony Frampton by Paul Middleton (Migs) of Mudhutter.

Quite interesting in parts .................. might it be the case of "the one that got away"?

I'm sorry if you feel I'm being pedantic here John, but do you mean:
- good, you're glad they got away, or
- you thought the interview was good, or
- good, you're pleased at the plans Frampton mentioned?

To me. he comes across as genuine, and generally made it sound as if they'd make decent owners.

I had only a couple of points (which I've fed back), namely:
- it seemed strange for him to mention that their first interest in us was this time last year .............all the following stuff re Covid was an excuse really.
- though he talked a lot about other clubs, other sports and other countries, he didn't volunteer any examples.

If the Spanish bid is given the green light this week, then I guess we'll never know how things might have turned out.

You'd like to hope so but the Spanish reps Cliveden and Cristo are UK based so meeting face to face has been possible as essential business meetings are allowed. Plus with video confrence technology like Zoom and Skype being so prevalent I don't believe that Covid would've excessivly impacted their ability to have the necessary meetings on the same type of schedule as normal.

I'm not sure if the lack of leaking is either a good or bad sign either way as whoever did leak could face serious legal consequences if caught breaking NDA details in this instance. After the last supposed leak I'm sure everyone in the know is being more careful and watched more closely and it's probably not worth the personal risk.

Sorry KDZ, I may have confused the issue regarding my statement about the Covid situation. Although I do believe it has had an impact on our problems I think that the EFL's priorities have been to secure a deal with the PL over the funding of the clubs and the safety issues around games being played. I think that most of their attention has been on those issues and has prevented them from giving our bidders any priority.

I am sure that conference calls and video calls will have taken place but they are not as informative as a face to face meeting. I agree that there will have been the opportunity to get together with Christo but as he is only the front man he would then have had to report back to the mystery men with the information before going back to the EFL with the reply.

A friend of mine works for a major banking group and is currently working from home and has done so for the last few months, he tells me it is extremely difficult to get through the same amount of paperwork and obtain decisions from people whilst working at home than if he was in the office and talking to them in person and face to face.

Hopefully a decision is imminent and we will hear more this week.

For anyone interested, here's a link to an interview with Tony Frampton by Paul Middleton (Migs) of Mudhutter.

Quite interesting in parts .................. might it be the case of "the one that got away"?

Interesting,but doubts remain,they had ample time to bid before the Spanish yet just glosses over that by saying things take time to organise,if they had been looking around the world at other sports to invest in,as he claims,then surely they would have had everything organised before looking around! Sdly i think it may be another Michael Knighton we are seeing!

Interesting,but doubts remain,they had ample time to bid before the Spanish yet just glosses over that by saying things take time to organise,if they had been looking around the world at other sports to invest in,as he claims,then surely they would have had everything organised before looking around! Sdly i think it may be another Michael Knighton we are seeing!
I agree with your point re the time they took to express an interest.

Michael Knighton !......now there's a name from the past.

To be fair to the bloke, Migs was quite challenging with some of the questioning, but Frampton still seemed genuine throughout.

To be fair to the bloke, Migs was quite challenging with some of the questioning, but Frampton still seemed genuine throughout.
That's my point Moonay Knighton was exactly the same,articulate and trustworthy looking,everyone,including the press fell for it,and this fellow really,really reminds me of him!But we may never get to find out!

Like choi did they all seem genuine untill feet under table

We have a lack of information about what is going on behind the scenes, the EFL are what they are, you can argue that the council or Nandy have some other type of intention but the SC are fans just like us who want the best from our club.

We didn't have any fans involved at all in the previous takeover process to get any idea of if the deal was a good one or not, this time we do. So i think the endorsements from the SC will go a long way in reducing any concerns that we should have after what happened with the last owners.

They've got 800k in hand that they want to use to help the club that i believe has to be returned if not used. They are in the meetings and have all the details we don't, if they are not on board then they will likely have good reasons. I trust our fans more than i trust anyone else coming in from the outside. If we were in the same position with any other buyer i'd say the same. I am looking to the SC above anyone else for an indication of how good this deal is as they are in the same boat as us but with the inside track.

That's all fair enough, but for me they're a small group of people & as we can see from the differing opinions on here, just because they think a deal may or may not be okay doesn't make it so
They have undoubtedly got what they think are the best interests of the club at heart but just because one small group of people think one way does not mean that everyone should or would think the same
They may also be swung by one group offering them 8% stake in the club as opposed to the Spaniards 4% when that shouldn't really be the driving factor.
I think that the SC (& everyone else) also need to remember that it is not their money & it is not the SC who are being offered the stake - it's the fans as a whole and everyone who donated whatever they could to the fund. I'm not saying that they don't remember that
They're also not experts when it comes to running a football club either. In fairness, in their last statement they said that with the comment that they wouldn't make any decision on investing the money until the EFL had decided whether they were fit & proper persons

None of the above is a criticism of them or your opinion, just for me they're backing or not of any group is not a make or break factor

Status
Not open for further replies.