NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER | Page 237 | Vital Football

NEW THREAD FOR ALL THINGS TAKEOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
He talks a good game and I 100% agree with him wanting to try and end the rivalry with Warriors.

For the investment in the borough I find it very difficult to believe a private company based on the other side of the world would want to invest in the community on such a large scale on top of the millions and millions they will lose in covering the football loses. To me that is the bit that makes me the most skeptical as I can't see the return on investment adding up even in the long term. Those schools and hospitals would require continually heavy investment and never produce any financial return, even if his investment fostered the heavy increase in support he imagines - the revenue of selling out the DW every week would be a drop in the ocean compared to the type of money they'd be spending in the community on the type of scale he is talking. It's a lovely idea but it doesn't sound like a realistic one. The Man City model he discussed is only possible if your owner is worth so many billion that millions are small change and very few people in the world fit in that category.

I agree with most of your summary KDZ, although a company can build hospitals and schools and make money - they build it, get grants etc. & then they charge the local authority to use them.
There's loads of public sector buildings out there that run on this model. Labour introduced it under Tony Blair and called it PFI.
You can end up with a situation like at Whiston hospital where they pay £42mill a year in PFI rent on a building that cost £350mill to build. I know that there's maintenance costs but within 9yrs at that sort of rent its paid for itself & (having been involved with new builds of schools in the past) they estimate that each building will last for a minimum of 50yrs so there's plenty of money to be made from this sort of scheme & the govts & councils are actively encouraging it.
Same sort of model if they built social housing and then getting involved in the Galleries and raking in the cash from that development.
As I said, there's a lot of money to be made from it

Admin keep extending exclusivity is just as bad.

The admin have no option but to keep extending the exclusivity as the Spanish group keep providing the information requested in the timescale it's been requested in.
Also, I'm not sure that this group will have been consulted about the sale/release of Garner in our current situation. I know there's an agreement to pay the costs since 1st October but as I understood it (after someone pointed it out) i think that is backdated if & when the takeover is approved as opposed to they're covering costs now.
So it's still admin responsible for ensuring that the club is still going by the time this takeover is approved & if £6k a week is his true salary then it'll have saved the best part of £40k by the time the January transfer window opens which is the best part of a week's salaries under the £2.5mill salary cap - it all adds up

The interview with this Frampton chap posed more a lot more questions. The fact that according to Paul Kendrick's tweet prior to deletion that he made enquiries about buying into the Warriors last season makes me suspicious about his motive.
Out of interest, did he contact a few latics fans by phone to talk about his bid?

Perhaps the efl might only be meeting maybe Wed Thurs or Fri
Let's just wait and see I can't see there being a problem with the bid I fancy it will happen soon

Yeah but if it's "illegal" not sure what they could do. If you believe that statement. The fact it's still been no decision after all this "documents" make me feel the EFL are very nervous if the Spanish are good enough.
Stop worrying it will make you ill things will be fine

Just doing evening stables and 5live is on and they just said the Spanish and the EFL are having the final meeting tomorrow so we must surely hear something before the weekend!

At some point the EFL will have to make a decision but we have been in the same situation before where the crunch meeting was scheduled and final decision was supposed to be decided only for it to come and go without a decision. So I wouldn't be suprised if tomorrow goes the same way with further delay.

But at this point if the Spanish can't satisfy the EFL requirements enough to pass them are they realistically going to be able to given more time? We need the EFL, Spanish and admin to one way or another get to a final call so we can all move on one way or another. The delay is helping no one and making everything worse by kicking the can down the road every time we need an answer.

At some point the EFL will have to make a decision but we have been in the same situation before where the crunch meeting was scheduled and final decision was supposed to be decided only for it to come and go without a decision. So I wouldn't be suprised if tomorrow goes the same way with further delay.

But at this point if the Spanish can't satisfy the EFL requirements enough to pass them are they realistically going to be able to given more time? We need the EFL, Spanish and admin to one way or another get to a final call so we can all move on one way or another. The delay is helping no one and making everything worse by kicking the can down the road every time we need an answer.
The Spanish have publically stated they have submitted everything as requested by the EFL who have not denied this. Therefore it's either good enough or not - any further delay can only be the EFL intentionally harming our club.

I'm naively pinning my hopes on "The EFL only seem to do stuff on Thursdays" so I think we'll here something tomorrow .... or a week tomorrow .... or a fortnight tomorrow ... or (repeat to fade)

Well, a week on and my hopes are raised again, for the next 10 hours anyway.

The Spanish have publically stated they have submitted everything as requested by the EFL who have not denied this. Therefore it's either good enough or not - any further delay can only be the EFL intentionally harming our club.

I dont think they want us to go bust as they dont want our blood on their hands for the bad publicity. I suspect it's more likely thetr is some type of issue with the Spanish bid - but it's not seen an insurmountable one so they keep giving them time to fix it. But we are at the point we need a decision either way the delay is so damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.