New signing - Morgan Rogers | Page 5 | Vital Football

New signing - Morgan Rogers

My son said he watched morgan in a youth game for man city. Absolute fantastic player apparently stoodout in the game he watched

I think we need to remember he is only 18, the first time away from his home environment, he will take time to adjust to sunny Lincoln. We shouldn't expect too much too soon, but it has the potential to be a great signing and a steep learning curve for him into proper mens football. Just hope he gets as much out of it as we do. In MA he couldn't get a better coach at our level.
I almost resisted saying a goal on Saturday please !!
UTI.

I think we need to remember he is only 18, the first time away from his home environment, he will take time to adjust to sunny Lincoln. We shouldn't expect too much too soon, but it has the potential to be a great signing and a steep learning curve for him into proper mens football. Just hope he gets as much out of it as we do. In MA he couldn't get a better coach at our level.
UTI.
Go on say it

or... the news was shared to the media so they could prep their press releases, the Echo have released stuff early before and I think they even announced a signing (Hoban) which didn’t end up happening.

mistakes happen, stop trying to throw people under a bus because of your own personal views of that individual.
Exactly, the club release information to at least some media outlets ahead of time but under an embargo until a specific date and time, I guess that includes Radio Lincolnshire, the Echo and Gary. That way the media get the chance to research stories/players etc knowing when they publish it won't be late or out of date and the club gets better publicity. No media organisation whether it's the Echo or Gary as an individual is going to break the embargo on purpose as the club would soon stop giving them the info up front.

UTI.
It is Robbie Gott’s first loan isn’t it ? I think he has settled in very well - Bridcutt has been keeping an eye on him so hopefully the same will be the case for Morgan- so many lads of his age or a couple of years older are around him so I think he will fit in fantastically and find it a very positive experience.

It is Robbie Gott’s first loan isn’t it ? I think he has settled in very well - Bridcutt has been keeping an eye on him so hopefully the same will be the case for Morgan- so many lads of his age or a couple of years older are around him so I think he will fit in fantastically and find it a very positive experience.

Don't forget he left home in Halesowen to move to Manchester when he was signed as a 17 year old. It doesn't seem to have affected his progress.

I think it is a measure of how far our club has come in these last few years that we can sign a player of this undoubted quality and potential.

I mean that not only in our status as the current top team in League 1 but also from our reputation for developing and playing young talent and the trust that the big clubs are now giving us to look after their brightest talent.

Lincoln City (our club) is totally unrecognizable from the club that it was 5 years ago. When the Cowleys arrived they said they wanted to change the status of the club and here we are 5 years later living the dream with the very real potential of second tier football for the first time in 60 years just on the horizon.

Unbelievable!

Ever keen to bring insight to the board and being in possession of a teenage Manchester City season ticket holding son, I am delighted to be able to bring you the inside tack on our bright, exciting new signing:

Dad - "We've signed Morgan Rogers on loan from your lot. What do you know about him"?
Son - Carries on playing Call of Duty, "Never heard of him".
Dad - "But he's the next Aguero"!
Son - "Dad (grunt) full (eye ball roll) of (Unintelligible word). Playing (mumble) friends (uugh noise) Play Station (unintelligible word beneath his breath) off".

So there you have it folks a full and exclusive first hand critique, brought to you on the ground from the heart of Greater Manchester.

I thought it was just me but pleased similar conversations are happening elsewhere with youngsters. I can rest easy now and *grunt back.

Edit *Especially when they want money.

Last edited:
UTI.
Spot on. Remember watching ( just, live football seems a long time ago) Tyreece JJ in his first league game at Shrews last season, he clearly got targeted by their centre backs, first time he quite literally didnt seem to know what hit him. Stood up to it ok, then scored v Blackpool. Hopefully Morgan will similarly cope.

TJJ then got injured of course. Following Morton and Soule, hope we dont break this one!

So we're now signing promising youngsters from Man City.

Am I allowed to say: Wow!?

Yes indeed you are :thumbup:

I've only seen him play a couple of times, in the FA Youth Cup semi which he shone in the first half in particular and the Final itself. He scored the 2nd in the 3-2 win against Chelsea and also hit the bar with a rasping drive after cutting in from the left.

In the recent EFL Trophy game you probably noticed the very pacy winger Jaydon Braaf playing for City, well Rogers kept this lad out of the side in the Final.

He's still very young and inexperienced but the talent is there. He is used to playing with technically excellent players, so should fit in nicely here, and importantly has an excellent attitude apparently according to a couple of blue mates.

Last edited:
Just have this nagging feeling that we’ve signed him knowing we’re going to lose someone, hopefully will just remain a feeling

Just have this nagging feeling that we’ve signed him knowing we’re going to lose someone, hopefully will just remain a feeling
He's very similar to Brennan Johnson, my gut feeling is we can't accommodate both, but hope I'm wrong?

IF Forest decide to recall Brennan, sad that it will be, it is a very different case to the Walker situation late on last January. Simply the replacement is already here. It will be interesting to see if both can play in the same team though, unless the tactics are switched around a bit so that one plays just behind Hopper with the other slightly wider. Not sure MA will do that whilst we are top and winning though.

Options a-plenty though

Rogers can play anywhere along the top three so he might even come in to give Hopper a break or to simply change formations in games when opposition defenders are tiring.

Rogers can play anywhere along the top three so he might even come in to give Hopper a break or to simply change formations in games when opposition defenders are tiring.
Rogers - Johnson - Scully would be a really quick forward line, probably without equal in League One. That would be very interesting to see.