New signing - Morgan Rogers | Page 4 | Vital Football

New signing - Morgan Rogers

I think we would be fine - we have made the moves up the leagues and with that the quality of loan signings. Can not see why we can not do it again. Especially with the extra funding of £4.5 million for being in the championship

Don't think 4.5m will go far in the championship looking at there average wages.

In a not-too-thorough search I've only been able to find one website that gives his height, and if it's correct he's 6ft. Could be an alternative/back-up to Hopper as well as being able to play wide?

In a not-too-thorough search I've only been able to find one website that gives his height, and if it's correct he's 6ft. Could be an alternative/back-up to Hopper as well as being able to play wide?
‘For some maybe, but not for Morgan who is already over 6ft tall and has the raw physical attributes to hold his own in the senior game.’
that was from March 2019, I doubt he is getting any smaller.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...est-bromwich-youngster-morgan-rogers-15143289

Don't think 4.5m will go far in the championship looking at there average wages.

Taking a punt on young academy loanees and promising out of contract 24 year olds, may be the way forward in the Champs.

As the level rises the chances of picking up released U24's that are good enough, for free becomes increasingly difficult.

I'm not sure we would be able to afford the tribunal fee for many 'still wanted by their club' under 24's and at that age if they're potentially good enough for The Championship expect a lot of competition for the signature.

If the recruitment team have worked miracles up till now, it would be a whole new world going into the Prem. B.

Taking a punt on young academy loanees and promising out of contract 24 year olds, may be the way forward in the Champs.

As the level rises the chances of picking up released U24's that are good enough, for free becomes increasingly difficult.

I'm not sure we would be able to afford the tribunal fee for many 'still wanted by their club' under 24's and at that age if they're potentially good enough for The Championship expect a lot of competition for the signature.

If the recruitment team have worked miracles up till now, it would be a whole new world going into the Prem. B.
I also think COVID might have temporarily changed the recruitment thinking a little this season. little or no income, therefore more reliance on loans.

I also think COVID might have temporarily changed the recruitment thinking a little this season. little or no income, therefore more reliance on loans.
Yes, there is so much uncertainty. Clubs may want to avoid the risks of expensive permanent signings that may not even play if Covid gets even worse, plus the indefinite reduced revenue.

Brilliant news - amazing signing. I just hope that Covid doesn’t put paid to his chance with us by cutting the season short like last year 🤞🤞

Pleased to see Championship squad planning underway!

Ever keen to bring insight to the board and being in possession of a teenage Manchester City season ticket holding son, I am delighted to be able to bring you the inside tack on our bright, exciting new signing:

Dad - "We've signed Morgan Rogers on loan from your lot. What do you know about him"?
Son - Carries on playing Call of Duty, "Never heard of him".
Dad - "But he's the next Aguero"!
Son - "Dad (grunt) full (eye ball roll) of (Unintelligible word). Playing (mumble) friends (uugh noise) Play Station (unintelligible word beneath his breath) off".

So there you have it folks a full and exclusive first hand critique, brought to you on the ground from the heart of Greater Manchester.

or... the news was shared to the media so they could prep their press releases, the Echo have released stuff early before and I think they even announced a signing (Hoban) which didn’t end up happening.

mistakes happen, stop trying to throw people under a bus because of your own personal views of that individual. Some people’s opinions on here are toxic at times.
Totally agree its a mistake these things happen im sure they will put plans in place to stop it happening again