New Premier League of Europe? | Vital Football

New Premier League of Europe?

I wonder how much of their plans they shared with others before or during that last meeting. It seems that they are determined to leave. It will be interesting to get the reaction of their fans...I guess I know what our fans will think?

On reflection i wonder if there are any PL regulations governing a break away or inciting others to leave? It must be a breach of good faith if nothing else. Can the breakaway clubs be expelled or suspended? Ok no ones got the balls to do it, but ....

This is basically the same idea they've been going on about for 30 years+ and was the reason UEFA created the Champions League format. The big boys just want a closed shop where they can guarantee huge revenue streams and the rest of us can wither away to become nothing but feeder clubs for the elite.
It could well just be an idle threat as they cant get their way over gaining more power for domestic contracts. However, i would be in agreement with Fulford. Call their bluff and tell them if they do join it they can fuck off and leave the PL.

So it's basically a revamped Champions League that is a closed shop and will only feature the top teams wanking each other off?

And has-beens like Man Utd are guaranteed a place at the top table without being there on merit, just reputation.

And to top it all off it's being funded by banks like JP Morgan to the tune of billions.

Sporting integrity at it's finest.

If this wasn't such a monetized thing, without team merit being accounted for, maybe, just maybe, there would be an argument for moving into the future.

If there was a promotion system in place, Eg top two finishers from each country go into a new league, then it could work in theory, but would be really difficult to do fairly. Would it be the lowest placed English team gets relegated to make way for a new one, even if they finished 2nd on their own spanky Euro league. Couldn't see it working.

I'd miss them if they left, spanking the Plop 7-2 would sadly no longer be a possibility. The Prem would also be filled up with Brentfords and Swanseas making domestic football shitter.

Also, why in hell would Manure get into it? Would at least be mildly entertaining watching them get smashed 5-0 every week. Sure their fans would be loving it! They might not even be able to escape if relegation didn't exist 😂😂😂

I've no problem with this. If they want to go then I'm a libertarian they should be allowed to go with our blessing. Of course it would mean an immediate expulsion from the domestic league. I'm also certain that UEFA will feel that these clubs could not continue in their competitions. I also feel an embargo on all player transfers to the club's should be implemented to protect both players and domestic clubs. But if these measures were in place, fine, go on form your world league.

"They added that the possibility of outright club defections from domestic leagues was not on the new tournament's "short-term agenda". "

The change Man U and Liverpool wanted in the EPL voting system suddenly becomes crystal clear.

To earn further loads of money it wouldn’t surprise me if a number of these European Premier League games would held venues around the world.

I posted in the other thread related to this that we should be open and proactive in discussing this with the “big 6”. Let’s do it now whilst the EPL is the greatest league in the world and is still lucrative, obviously it won’t be quite as lucrative as it currently is but there are some great clubs who can make the half way house between the current EPL and current EFL Championship successful.

We won’t be a part of the European league, and I’m glad about that.

The fans won;t be thought of, no. Just the money.

A lot of fans of these 'top' clubs will not want this either, but of course, they do get a good few football tourists who say they support them as well.

I personally think that the Premier League, FA, and UEFA should clearly and in no uncertain terms spell out to these clubs exactly what will happen if they persist with these ambitions. Time for clear and strong words from the governing bodies.

To be honest proper United and Liverpool fans would presumably be against it, the only ones who would like this are the masses of foreign fans both clubs have built up.

It's possible that something like this would be a relative fail and it will all be financed by debt. The grass isn't always greener. Football authorities world wide should shun this, punish clubs as much as is within their powers and make it clear that should something like this go tits up then clubs can re-enter domestic leagues only from the very bottom.

Also, it's always hilarious how Spurs try to piggyback on these sorts of things, big club? Fuck off.

Last edited: