New Premier League of Europe? | Page 3 | Vital Football

New Premier League of Europe?

I am sure Liverpool and Man u have had this if backup plan 1 got booted out. Who the f*ck do they think they are? TIme maybe to nip this in the bud, ask them which league they see their future and if they still try to edge their bets boot them out.

I think you have hit on a critical point. Who bothers to watch champions league now apart from the fans of the club involved? I have BT Sport and I never watch it, it is not a valued product, that is why Sky decided to let it go.

Glad I'm not the only one, I just don't get the Champions League. Like you say if you support a club that is in it fair enough but you still can't really do away games and them the Home games are more added expense to watch your team play some poxy club you've never heard of until it gets to the serious end of it.

This is also a FIFA play against UEFA. Really dangerous game. What if UEFA pull out all their Countries from playing in a World Cup?

I actually think this will destroy international football if it goes through.

A European Super League will make it a completely closed shop the same way the NFL and NBA are. The players at that level will be ultra athletes and trained to a ridiculous standard. The way the game is played will completely morph. There will be an incredible gap between 'normal' football that we know and love and this form of 'hyper' football.

So it will develop into a situation where either (a) these players don't play at all, (b) they break away into some sort of strange 6 Nations type thing (this could mean you've Brazilians playing for England because they're based at English clubs), or (c) they do play for their regular countries and the disparity just completes destroys national football teams.

Lets not underestimate how dangerous it is for our club and our current ownership. If it goes through in it's current proposal and there is no chance of a club like Villa ever qualifying for European competition, why would a couple of International billionaires stay around when they could buy an alternative club in Europe that does qualify for it?

Lets not underestimate how dangerous it is for our club and our current ownership. If it goes through in it's current proposal and there is no chance of a club like Villa ever qualifying for European competition, why would a couple of International billionaires stay around when they could buy an alternative club in Europe that does qualify for it?
There's no chance that it will be a set league of teams with no promotions and relegations surely? Half of last seasons champions league semi finalists wouldn't qualify for this new league.

I am sure Liverpool and Man u have had this if backup plan 1 got booted out. Who the f*ck do they think they are? TIme maybe to nip this in the bud, ask them which league they see their future and if they still try to edge their bets boot them out.

The other problem here Wurz is the people who are running the EPL don't realize they're running a business. So they're playing checkers while Liverpool and Man Utd. (who are solely focused on making money) are playing chess. They need to act. There is no stopping them IMO preemptive action is needed.

Give them what they want, turn the EPL into an 18 team league by turfing the two of them out. It drastically reduces their financial clout and it would put United in a position where they can't pay their debts because they're overleveraged.

Fuck it, take on the legal battle. I am sure there is some sort of rule they can leverage.

This is an existential threat to the Premier League.

There's no chance that it will be a set league of teams with no promotions and relegations surely? Half of last seasons champions league semi finalists wouldn't qualify for this new league.
Don't you believe it, this is for a select few, and they are not going to allow upstarts to join it.

If 14 clubs got together to pass a Special Resolution and all 14 were in favour they could turf both clubs out.

1603223269414.png

There's no chance that it will be a set league of teams with no promotions and relegations surely?

This is the big question for me that isn’t clear. If there is promotion and relegation, which keeps the integrity of the fundamental structure of a football league then that’s better than a closed shop which doesn’t work for a club like us.

What I don’t really understand though, is they just want a more refined champions league, with more top teams playing each other and less Shaktar Donetsk types. So just change the structure to be more of a big league if that’s what it takes. The UCL is a well recognised brand, why lose it?

As for us, the remaining English teams need to make it work and make the new look English top flight a success. It’s by no means a dead horse, because there is so much vested interest here.

I don’t honestly care if the big money evaporates, the Americans go and tourist fans aren't filling empty seats for the big games.

As long as AVFC survives - which we will - the remaining big clubs can easily generate a good spectacle just on much lower budgets. The EFL Championship is the third most watched league in the world, the EPL would have no problem remaining top 3.

You could also approach this another way, "in accordance with the fair distribution of TV rights and acknowledge of the Premier Leagues role in providing a global commerical advertising space. Any club who resigns from the league should be agree to pay 50% of all future digital media rights to the Premier League and will be distributed equally among all it's members".

Call it a divorce settlement.

These dopes running the EPL need to get their finger out of their arse, reach out to all EPL clubs and flex their muscles a bit too.