New Premier League of Europe? | Page 5 | Vital Football

New Premier League of Europe?

Totally agree with this from danvilla2
Point that a few have made, I don’t see spurs as a big club - no bigger than us. They just happen to have reached their peak in recent years whilst we had some of our lowest in history. These things come and go in cycles, which is what they want to prevent.

They have been saying that there may be 5 places for English teams. So one of the "big 6" won't be in it. Is that Spurs or Arse I wonder?

Presumably Spurs, no way are they a big club. They’ve had a good few years but they aren’t CL regulars, they had one season when they scraped past Ajax and got to the final that’s their only notably season at the “elite” level

Let them fuck off and never let them back in, unless they start at the bottom of course. Utterly disgusting that they wanted to take money from other clubs by discontinuing the league cup and reducing the Premier league to 18 just so they can fit in an entire league season of jetting around the world getting battered by Barca, Real and Bayern.

This would mean a guaranteed 60+ games a season for each club involved in this farce so that means bigger squads so raiding "smaller clubs" for talent even more.

Personally I'd expel each team involved from all domestic and UEFA competitions, ban all players playing for those clubs from their national teams and if they ever want back into their national association they must start from the bottom.

Might take a few decades but the same will happen with this new league as has happened with the champions league and Premier league. The richest and most successful will simply want more for themselves till eventually football will just be Real Madrid and Barcelona playing each other in a different city each week. Unless FIFA, UEFA and the FAs get together and put a stop to it.

I wouldn't even let them back in at the bottom. Once out forever out.

Let them fuck off and never let them back in, unless they start at the bottom of course. Utterly disgusting that they wanted to take money from other clubs by discontinuing the league cup and reducing the Premier league to 18 just so they can fit in an entire league season of jetting around the world getting battered by Barca, Real and Bayern.

This would mean a guaranteed 60+ games a season for each club involved in this farce so that means bigger squads so raiding "smaller clubs" for talent even more.

Personally I'd expel each team involved from all domestic and UEFA competitions, ban all players playing for those clubs from their national teams and if they ever want back into their national association they must start from the bottom.

Might take a few decades but the same will happen with this new league as has happened with the champions league and Premier league. The richest and most successful will simply want more for themselves till eventually football will just be Real Madrid and Barcelona playing each other in a different city each week. Unless FIFA, UEFA and the FAs get together and put a stop to it.
The depth of their greed summed up by their plan to drop the Community Shield. How can Billionaires be expected to waste valuable TV opportunities on raising money for chat. Some people just don't "get" modern football.

Just reading the details on Sky. As I suspected, they don’t want to break away from the English premier league completely as that’s too big a financial risk. So they’ll play European games mid week, and premier league games on weekend.

The other thing I noticed was that Dortmund aren’t mentioned from Germany. They’re a proper club for proper fans, wonder whether they are included as one of Europe’s top teams. Risk a club like Dortmund takes taking the moral high ground, is a club like Hamburg or RB Leipzig takes up the offer and does well financially from it.

So its probably not the end of the English premier league as we know it then, of course they’ll want changes to accommodate. It is getting rid of the champions league as we know it to accommodate a new league. The English premier league though may be seen as the second priority. Oh well, as long as we win it once in my lifetime I couldn’t care if it’s Man Utd or Man Utd reserves.

That’s if this all does somehow get through all the hoops and approved, a lot of negotiation, bungs and approvals to get the go ahead first. I can’t see it happening this time around, not for another 10-20 years.

It's just another way of stopping teams like us from breaking their cartel. The only way of stopping this is by threatening them with expulsion from any domestic league so this European league will be their only source of income.

They just want their cake and eat it.

This is a great chance to destroy manure and plop.

Just reading the details on Sky. As I suspected, they don’t want to break away from the English premier league completely as that’s too big a financial risk. So they’ll play European games mid week, and premier league games on weekend.

The other thing I noticed was that Dortmund aren’t mentioned from Germany. They’re a proper club for proper fans, wonder whether they are included as one of Europe’s top teams. Risk a club like Dortmund takes taking the moral high ground, is a club like Hamburg or RB Leipzig takes up the offer and does well financially from it.

So its probably not the end of the English premier league as we know it then, of course they’ll want changes to accommodate. It is getting rid of the champions league as we know it to accommodate a new league. The English premier league though may be seen as the second priority. Oh well, as long as we win it once in my lifetime I couldn’t care if it’s Man Utd or Man Utd reserves.

That’s if this all does somehow get through all the hoops and approved, a lot of negotiation, bungs and approvals to get the go ahead first. I can’t see it happening this time around, not for another 10-20 years.
The other Premier League clubs need to play hard ball on this one and refuse to accomodate their requests for the rest of us to rearrange our schedules to suit their new venture.
The scenario you outline above dan is an have your cake and eat it one where they get even richer but expect all the rest of us to help them achieve it.

It's just another way of stopping teams like us from breaking their cartel. The only way of stopping this is by threatening them with expulsion from any domestic league so this European league will be their only source of income.

They just want their cake and eat it.

This is a great chance to destroy manure and plop.

Could go like this:
1) UEFA continues to run European competitions, as now.
2) UEFA maintains that entry to those competitions is only open to clubs who've qualified via their own domestic leagues, as now.
3) UEFA excludes from those competitions any club which enters any European competition which isn't under its jurisdiction.

That's before national associations like the FA have started to turn the screw.

The £6bn is a start up "loan" so they have to pay it back with interest.

Kicking them out of our league would represent a huge financial risk to them. Just hot air and no real substance to this in reality. As said elsewhere, this has been mooted before and got nowhere. This is a bargaining ploy to get UEFA to play ball.

Could go like this:
1) UEFA continues to run European competitions, as now.
2) UEFA maintains that entry to those competitions is only open to clubs who've qualified via their own domestic leagues, as now.
3) UEFA excludes from those competitions any club which enters any European competition which isn't under its jurisdiction.

That's before national associations like the FA have started to turn the screw.
I like the above but the fly in that ointment would be if EUFA are offered a big slice of the action.
Fifa and Eufa have a poor track record when it comes to bribes and bungs.

The other Premier League clubs need to play hard ball on this one and refuse to accomodate their requests for the rest of us to rearrange our schedules to suit their new venture.
The scenario you outline above dan is an have your cake and eat it one where they get even richer but expect all the rest of us to help them achieve it.

Yes it is to some degree. If we feel there is momentum and some inevitablilty about all this, I would then change tact with the negotiations. Threaten to remove 1 club 1 vote for those who want play in the new league meaning the other 14 need to stick together, though the big 6 can can still play as we need the interest from the Asian glory hunters.

Secondly, negotiate more funding for the other 14 clubs, or chuck the “big 6” (hate that term to describe spurs and Chelsea) out. They still need the EPL, it’s too much risk to jump head first. If they are successful with the new league and threaten to jump ship from the English league because of money, well we have some money in the bank to negotiate back.

Ironically I think they’ll be so keen to get into this new league we can hold them over a barrel.

I don’t want this outcome but if it happens I want to see them screwed over.

Yes it is to some degree. If we feel there is momentum and some inevitablilty about all this, I would then change tact with the negotiations. Threaten to remove 1 club 1 vote for those who want play in the new league meaning the other 14 need to stick together, though the big 6 can can still play as we need the interest from the Asian glory hunters.

Secondly, negotiate more funding for the other 14 clubs, or chuck the “big 6” (hate that term to describe spurs and Chelsea) out. They still need the EPL, it’s too much risk to jump head first. If they are successful with the new league and threaten to jump ship from the English league because of money, well we have some money in the bank to negotiate back.

Ironically I think they’ll be so keen to get into this new league we can hold them over a barrel.

I don’t want this outcome but if it happens I want to see them screwed over.
Yes screw them over, especially the like of Man City and Chelsea, who were both music hall joke clubs until the arrival of big foreign funding.
Their fans, particulally the younger ones think they were always up there, and take a pop at the likes of us.
It really would be ironic if their grab all attitude led to the downfall of these mercinary bastards.

Nobody knows at this stage how much backing there really is for this. L'pool and MU didn't get any public support from the other members of the Big Six for the new English league proposal. I suspect it only appeals to a certain type of foreign owner who rates money above all else, at least as far as this country is concerned.

Would Arsenal have much success in the proposed sort of European league? Unlikely. Do Spurs rate success in such a league high enough to ditch the PL, and if they stayed in the PL could they afford to make a good go of both?