• Kent Nielsen

• Oscar Garcia

• Quique Sanchez Flores

• Slaven Bilic

• Rafa Benitez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any appointment is a gamble, and it usually ends in tears. Lambert and Bruce were popular choices but their limitations were eventually found out.

Villa is a big job despite our current predicament. It usually takes a big personalty to handle the expectations, Saunders, Taylor, Big Ron, O'Neil Gregory they had that and thrived off the pressure.

Big Sam fits that mould and would get the team going with more tactical nous than Bruce, but the cry for expansive football will always be there especially when results go against him.

Dean Smith is an interesting one, not a big name with a charismatic swagger but more of a Brian Little type with a quiet determination and he is a big admirer of Gordon Cowans so if its Smith don't be surprised to see the return of Sid. ?.

But can we be realistic and stop dreaming of random exotic Mediterranean names while enviously looking over to Wolves and Fulham. We need a progressive plan to move forward someone who is tactically astute training the squad with an ideological plan. Hopefully someone who will be around to see out their contract and continue to progress.

Dean Smith for me, being from claret and blue stock is a bonus.

Ok,
After my failed attempt to post by iphone earlier (bloody technology),
Feel free to take the piss but one man who would really excite me, but given where we are would never come ....

Arsene Wenger

Fonseca leading by miles. Anyone got a short biography of him?

Management career:

2005-2007 Estrela Amadora (youth)
2007-2008 Dezembro
2008-2009 Odivelas
2009-2011 Pinhalnovense
2011-2012 Aves
2012-2013 Pacos Ferreira
2013-2014 Porto
2014-2015 Pacos Ferreira
2015-2016 Braga
2016- Shakhtar Donetsk

I know nothing about him, so which part of that am I supposed to get excited about it? He obvioulsy doesn't stick around long at any club.

I don't watch Shakhtar regularly, so what is it about this guy that is giving everyone a boner?

I'm still to see Mendes being confirmed as being involved - we're just riding the Portuguese bandwagon on the back of Moreira still.

Moyes is only even money because people are betting on him. Thats the way a betting book works. I would be amazed at Moyes getting the job.

The 7 scouts getting the sack was a sign things were afoot behind the scenes. Probably tipped Bruce off as well.

The cabbage incident and Preston debacle probably just pushed it forward a week till before the international break.

You would expect an appointment at the weekend or Monday possibly?

Moyes is only even money because people are betting on him. Thats the way a betting book works. I would be amazed at Moyes getting the job.

The 7 scouts getting the sack was a sign things were afoot behind the scenes. Probably tipped Bruce off as well.

The cabbage incident and Preston debacle probably just pushed it forward a week till before the international break.

i hope your right.

Yes but serious money brings someone from 12/1 to evens in a few hours. I am beyond worried. Out of the frying pan into the fire springs to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.