New Fans Fund | Vital Football

New Fans Fund

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Champions League
For anyone who was a Fans Fund member when the previous scheme closed you should've recieved an email over the last stating you will be given access to the new Future Fund benefits until the end of May.

The benefits are:

Access to two free tickets for the Future Fund Day fixture vs Bristol Rovers.

10% Match Ticket Discount.

10% Match-by-match Hospitality Discount.

10% Latics Store Discount.

Opportunity to vote for Future Fund POTY and Entry into draw to attend the end of season awards dinner and present the award.

The new scheme is being launched on Monday and it will include the above benefits plus some extra ones.

Have the fans groups been consulted anymore or just given a press release for the new fund?

I presume discussions at the recent meeting included this. So what the club now offer takes all comments into consideration. Offers look good to me.

Decent benefits but i'll probably pass it up this time. I was a member of the previous one from the start to pretty much the end but its a decent amount of money if you arent making use of the other discounts - which i never did.

I'm just sure they said they were going to have more discussions and listen to fans but nothing.

As for the benefits, bar the discount on season tickets and the priority on away tickets (which is going to get season ticket members backs up) there's nothing that I've much interest in.
Same as batch there's nothing I would use.

And I certainly won't be wearing a hoody....it's bad enough seeing some people wearing lanyards.

Looks good to me. Should get a fair few non season ticket holders signed up for this what with the away ticket priority and the reduced home tickets. Suspect the club have been reading this board regarding suggestions for an overseas membership that offered an international fans forum and tour/tickets etc for when they are able to come to a game. Nice to see.

For anyone who was a Fans Fund member when the previous scheme closed you should've recieved an email over the last stating you will be given access to the new Future Fund benefits until the end of May.

The benefits are:

Opportunity to vote for Future Fund POTY and Entry into draw to attend the end of season awards dinner and present the award.

The new scheme is being launched on Monday and it will include the above benefits plus some extra ones.
I think 15% rather than 10% references above KDZ ….20% ST discount for young teens/kids
Club shop ‘up to’ 15% so that might vary offer by offer ?

Interesting that there seems to be only one adult level price at £18 a month rather than the £12 I paid last time …and I think there was a higher, near to £20 level as well?

Either £18 a month or £216 one off annual payment which equates to the same so no cheaper for paying it all up front

As for the benefits, bar the discount on season tickets and the priority on away tickets (which is going to get season ticket members backs up) there's nothing that I've much interest in.
Same as batch there's nothing I would use.

And I certainly won't be wearing a hoody....it's bad enough seeing some people wearing lanyards.

Am I reading this right that only members of this fund get priority to away tickets as opposed to season ticket holders who will obviously paying a higher amount than £216 a year??? Surely that can’t be right.

Am I reading this right that only members of this fund get priority to away tickets as opposed to season ticket holders who will obviously paying a higher amount than £216 a year??? Surely that can’t be right.
Don't know if it's right or not, but I'd imagine that everyone who is going to contribute to this fund is likely to be a ST holder anyway ... so it's really a priority within the ST holder group, so making it a moot point.

Don't think they've made clear whether they'll get them before season ticket holders or at the same time.

Looked at the FAQs but they don't make it clear

Don't know if it's right or not, but I'd imagine that everyone who is going to contribute to this fund is likely to be a ST holder anyway ... so it's really a priority within the ST holder group, so making it a moot point.

I’m not paying 200 odd quid a year to the fund - my choice. However I do see that having priority access to away tickets is a perk of having a season ticket. If that goes I’d need to seriously consider whether it’s worthwhile getting one anymore. There should be loyalty points for them but for whatever reason we don’t do this.,

Don't think they've made clear whether they'll get them before season ticket holders or at the same time.

Looked at the FAQs but they don't make it clear

Cheers, haven’t read the faq’s I was just responding to fazmans post. If not at save time there’ll be uproar.

I’m not paying 200 odd quid a year to the fund - my choice. However I do see that having priority access to away tickets is a perk of having a season ticket. If that goes I’d need to seriously consider whether it’s worthwhile getting one anymore. There should be loyalty points for them but for whatever reason we don’t do this.,
But you'd still get priority ... over non ST holders who don't join the fund.

It sounds like (and I don't know if this is right or wrong) the priority sequence is:

1. ST holders in the fund
2. Non St holders in the fund
3. ST holders not in the fund
4. Everyone else

I can't imagine there being many non ST holders who'd join the fund ... that makes little sense. As for yourself, you'd still be getting priority ... just not as much priority as those in the fund.

It sounds like (and I don't know if this is right or wrong) the priority sequence is:

4. Everyone else

I can't imagine there being many non ST holders who'd join the fund ... that makes little sense. As for yourself, you'd still be getting priority ... just not as much priority as those in the fund.
Not true. With the lack of Saturday afternoon games and Tuesday night games being absolutely shite, it seems logical not to get a season ticket, but instead join the fund. That gives you priority to the away matches you want and allows you to pick and choose your home games with a 15% ticket discount to boot.

If you can't commit to doing a good chunk of the home games per season or want to sack off the non Saturday afternoon fixtures, joining the fund makes the most sense financially unless season ticket prices are below around the £450 mark.

Not true. With the lack of Saturday afternoon games and Tuesday night games being absolutely shite, it seems logical not to get a season ticket, but instead join the fund. That gives you priority to the away matches you want and allows you to pick and choose your home games with a 15% ticket discount to boot.

If you can't commit to doing a good chunk of the home games per season or want to sack off the non Saturday afternoon fixtures, joining the fund makes the most sense financially unless season ticket prices are below around the £450 mark.
Granted CL, there will be some in that position, so a fair point. However, I'd still wager that the vast majority of those who were in the Believe Fans Fund were probably also ST holders.

Wasn't last year's ST about £350 by the way?

4. Everyone else

So if I’m (a ST holder) no longer getting priority access to away tickets - which has been the case for as long as I can remember - then it is reducing the benefits of having one and therefore the incentive to purchase one.

Despite the utterly dire football which I expect to continue with Maloney at the helm I said the other day I’d be renewing. However if that benefit is reduced I would have to reconsider given I’m unlikely to make full use of it with a fortnight holiday booked in August ensuring I’ll miss games, other Saturdays with stuff that crops up plus the increasing number of night games I struggle to get motivated for which will only get worse with the new TV deal. Becomes more cost effective to just pick & choose individual matches and means the club will be losing out on revenue.

The benefits are:

Do you get to vote on sacking Maloney, what a marketing coup that would be 1000's would sign up.

So if I’m (a ST holder) no longer getting priority access to away tickets - which has been the case for as long as I can remember - then it is reducing the benefits of having one and therefore the incentive to purchase one.
:slap:
Firstly, I don't know if I'm right or not, I'm just trying to be logical. Regardless, I've said it twice now, and yet you seem to be adamant you're going to interpret things in the worst light.

As a ST holder, you will still have priority access over non ST holders ... unless they happen to be in the fund. It's just that ST holders in the fund will have a bit of extra priority over you ... which seems fair.

However, you seem determined to be pissed off, so carry on.

:slap:
Firstly, I don't know if I'm right or not, I'm just trying to be logical. Regardless, I've said it twice now, and yet you seem to be adamant you're going to interpret things in the worst light.

As a ST holder, you will still have priority access over non ST holders ... unless they happen to be in the fund. It's just that ST holders in the fund will have a bit of extra priority over you ... which seems fair.

However, you seem determined to be pissed off, so carry on.

If you don’t know if you’re right or not, why get antsy about my interpretation of it?

If you are correct then whether it’s fair is immaterial as it means an existing benefit of being a ST holder is being reduced. With the worst football on offer in living memory, reduced ST benefits and a likely increase in cost then the club shouldn’t be surprised to see numbers and thus this revenue source plummet. Whether the increased cash from this new fund makes up for it remains to be seen.