New Fans Fund | Page 2 | Vital Football

New Fans Fund

If you don’t know if you’re right or not, why get antsy about my interpretation of it?

If you are correct then whether it’s fair is immaterial as it means an existing benefit of being a ST holder is being reduced. With the worst football on offer in living memory, reduced ST benefits and a likely increase in cost then the club shouldn’t be surprised to see numbers and thus this revenue source plummet. Whether the increased cash from this new fund makes up for it remains to be seen.
It's just that you're so determined to be pissed off by it.

Look on the bright side. 😉

Edit ... and didn't mean to be antsy, arsey, or anything like that. 👍

It's just that you're so determined to be pissed off by it.

Look on the bright side. 😉

Edit ... and didn't mean to be antsy, arsey, or anything like that. 👍
You not think CLatics post #15 has relevance. Given the amount of games shifted to midweek & the rearranged games that for some it becomes more beneficial to join the NFF, receive preferential treatment for any sought after away games plus 15% discount on your tickets...🤔

You not think CLatics post #15 has relevance. Given the amount of games shifted to midweek & the rearranged games that for some it becomes more beneficial to join the NFF, receive preferential treatment for any sought after away games plus 15% discount on your tickets...🤔
You know Jock, sometimes, I give in.

Given your question, I can only presume that you completely ignored my post #16, where I replied "Granted CL, there will be some in that position, so a fair point.".

You know Jock, sometimes, I give in.

Given your question, I can only presume that you completely ignored my post #16, where I replied "Granted CL, there will be some in that position, so a fair point.".

Yes I did read your post #16....but your reply to MiW on post #19 seems to forget any of the advantages CL states....merely pointing it out n not having a dig at u

Yes I did read your post #16....but your reply to MiW on post #19 seems to forget any of the advantages CL states....merely pointing it out n not having a dig at u
CL's point was different to MiW's complaint, which was simply related to prioritisation.

Regardless, done and dusted. 👍

We have a billionaire owner that wants to run the club sustainable in other words won't stump up showing no ambition yet the club are asking fans to stump up another £216 on top of the ST price for a few extra poxy privileges they'll probably never use?

Count me out, I'll be sustainable with my finances as well, fuck em!

25 posts but no one saying if they are actually going to join this scheme. So is anyone or is it likely to be dead in the water?

I imagine it's going to be a very small amount of people join it, certainly far less than the last scheme and probably just the usual lanyard wearing clique.

I'm very surprised that we haven't had a statement from the fans groups or supporters club about the scheme or asking questions about it publicly.

It's times like this I really do think we need an independent group of fans who can question things like indie latics was supposed to be. (Cue the boards resident agitator having a pop).

I imagine it's going to be a very small amount of people join it, certainly far less than the last scheme and probably just the usual lanyard wearing clique.

I'm very surprised that we haven't had a statement from the fans groups or supporters club about the scheme or asking questions about it publicly.

It's times like this I really do think we need an independent group of fans who can question things like indie latics was supposed to be. (Cue the boards resident agitator having a pop).
"Lanyard wearing clique". Grow up you whopper. I'm the furthest thing away from a happy clapper but I'll be joining it. Looks a very good scheme to me.

We have a billionaire owner that wants to run the club sustainable in other words won't stump up showing no ambition yet the club are asking fans to stump up another £216 on top of the ST price for a few extra poxy privileges they'll probably never use?

Count me out, I'll be sustainable with my finances as well, fuck em!
Yet the owner has stumped up cash.

Have you forgotten the 2022-2023 accounts so quickly?
Never mind the continued 'stumping up' to cover the 2023-2024 accounting year.
I guess it is all small change to you. Wish you had taken over the clubs debts.

"Lanyard wearing clique". Grow up you whopper. I'm the furthest thing away from a happy clapper but I'll be joining it. Looks a very good scheme to me.
"Lanyard wearing clique" relates to certain supporters who love walking round in their lanyard (we've all seen them), the same supporters that I don't doubt for a second will be rocking up at games in their exclusive goodies.

I've no problem with anyone joining the scheme it's a personal choice. I was previously in the other scheme till they could be no longer trusted. However this time round there's little benefit to me. I'm just strongly of the opinion that there should have been more consultation and communication about the scheme. Nothing has ease my concerns about the scheme or the way we are being run.

I do like being called a whopper though hahaha

So will you be joining it?

Yes the owner did stump up back then (fuck knows how long we are going to keep bringing that up)

But to show the fans that the club as some ambition he needs to fund the manager whoever that maybe.

Two way street fella.

To be fair danson hadn't thrown 17 mil in as people seem to think last season. He threw in 2 months wage, the hmrc debt and any other debts the club had to pay off between then and now (power and the council I'm told were owed money). Since then though hes probably thrown approx 8 million into the club and there's some significant costs due this summer aswell so no one can slate him.

What I find concerning though is that we are building the club around the academy and as such looking to benefit in the longterm from it. The academy according to the legal documents (admin and accounts) costs the club nothing as it is self sufficient thanks to the grants awarded. The fans fund even word it as not for the running costs of the academy but for the additions to the academy which let's be honest in theory the owner should be providing like the ice baths etc the last lot was used for however I've problem them utilising the fans for this it's just I'd rather see money spent on the stadium aswell and other things. I'd also like better communication of what the funds are spent on and maybe some better recognition for those helping fund the academy, maybe names on a wall or something (let's not go there)..

25 posts but no one saying if they are actually going to join this scheme. So is anyone or is it likely to be dead in the water?
I will join the scheme like I did the last one. It’s not about hoodies or any other gimmicks for me, it’s my way of contributing financially to the club I support. The only way we have a chance of surviving long term is if we make the academy the very best it can be. As I said on a previous thread this is my season ticket minus the matches because I live too far away to get to every home game. I’m glad they have offered a priority for away tickets as it’s easier for me to get to a lot of away games than it is home ones. But I don’t expect the priority to be over season ticket ticket holders as they will be spending more than me. All I wanted was for a priority window before they went on general sale as that is the only perk I’m interested in

I was in the last one, but probably wont' join this.

Circumstances are quite different now to when the BFF was launched, and it's a valid point to say that the owners should be funding whatever needs to be done in whatever area of the club. For me, if this means the cost of STs going up a little, then so be it ... I'll still get one, even though I normally miss about 3 or 4 games a season ... I like where I sit.

CL's point where you could forego the ST, and instead, buy into the new fund and match tickets as appropriate is a good alternative for those who will likely miss a number of games, and don't mind potentially being in different seats every game.

I'm not getting wound up by the priority allocation of away tickets, as it rarely actually arises (Fleetwood away won't be a problem next season), and I still reckon that most fund contributors are going to be ST holders.

I'll be subscribing - previous subscriber until they cancelled my standing order.
KDZ can correct me but during the meeting they glossed over the benefits. I would have expected the Club to call another meeting to "dot their I's and cross their T's" over the final benefits they are proposing to offer. Such problem as Fund Members having priority over ST holders would have been ironed out. They should have offered Fund Members AND ST holders 1st priority then 2nd in line would be Fund Member or ST holders. I think 99% would have agreed to that. After all, they need Fund Members' as well as STs' ££.
PS I think the hoodie is a waste of money. How many wear hoodies? And I'm definitely not a member of the "lanyard wearing clique". BTW You'd be surprised to know that most of them have never contributed but somehow have a say in such matters. Puzzling...

Last edited:
I will join the scheme like I did the last one. It’s not about hoodies or any other gimmicks for me, it’s my way of contributing financially to the club I support. The only way we have a chance of surviving long term is if we make the academy the very best it can be. As I said on a previous thread this is my season ticket minus the matches because I live too far away to get to every home game. I’m glad they have offered a priority for away tickets as it’s easier for me to get to a lot of away games than it is home ones. But I don’t expect the priority to be over season ticket ticket holders as they will be spending more than me. All I wanted was for a priority window before they went on general sale as that is the only perk I’m interested in
I've contemplated moving too far away so I don't have to attend every home game.

Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about.

If you want to support the academy by joining the fund then, as fans, surely we shouldn't be asking for anything in return other than the satisfaction of knowing you are helping develop the future of the club.

It is good that the club, for it's part recognises that some sort of recompense should be offered and have decided to give some perks back.

I see this as a pure investment in the future of the club I support and as such require only that the club use the fund wisely and support the growth of home produced stars of the future.

If you give to a charity do you expect something back in return? Try thinking of this as you contributing to a charity that will assist young players to achieve their dreams and not as buying into something.

Fair do’s, seems like the scheme will get some buy in and it’s great for folk like Swindon who live far away but can still contribute and get some benefits.

I will be joining as i did last time,even though it seems to turn me into a lanyard wearing happy clapper.I can only make it to some of the games so this will help me to support the club without buying a ST and give me a chance to get away tickets when i can get back for matches.Very good move fromthe club