New Fans Fund | Page 4 | Vital Football

New Fans Fund

Many of the same people will want to know or have been questioning how much of his own money Mike Danson should put into the club.
It's a private business. They don't give a shit about you or any other fan, the communication from the club this year shows that.

I couldn't care how much he puts in because if a miracle happened and we developed a world beater kid that real Madrid gave us 150 mil for or someone came in to buy the club for 300 mil none of us would see a penny of that money.

Yet we are being asked to fund what the club wants to build around and profit from.

I'd much rather a fans fund that went to the community trust and schools etc taking away the clubs reliance to help fund them.

I couldn't care how much he puts in because if a miracle happened and we developed a world beater kid that real Madrid gave us 150 mil for or someone came in to buy the club for 300 mil none of us would see a penny of that money.
What a very, very weird take on how a football club works.

" I don't want my club to unearth decent players, cos I won't get any money from it if they're sold". :hmmm:

Hope I've not misrepresented what you're saying there Faz, but if not, it's a very strange thing for a fan to say.

Many of the same people will want to know or have been questioning how much of his own money Mike Danson should put into the club.
Two way street when Danson 'puts in' then maybe more fans will 'put in'

I own my house but I don't ask the neighbours to pay to maintain it and/or pay the bills.

I own my house but I don't ask the neighbours to pay to maintain it and/or pay the bills.

I don't think that anyone is asking us to maintain or pay the bills Frank, but simply to provide extra funds to help with the development of young football players who may, or may not, in the not too distant future repay us with their performances on the pitch or even transfer fees to keep the club afloat.

Similar in many ways to the way that charities support the NHS and other institutions.

What a very, very weird take on how a football club works.

" I don't want my club to unearth decent players, cos I won't get any money from it if they're sold". :hmmm:

Hope I've not misrepresented what you're saying there Faz, but if not, it's a very strange thing for a fan to say.
That's not what I've said at all is it but you know that. Back to stirring the pot again.

I've just read it again Faz, and you literally say that you don't care how much Danson puts in, cos if we unearth a worldie, you won't get a penny.

So ... do you want us to unearth a worldie or not?

Apparently, Faz has had a post removed and got a week's ban.

I didn't see it myself, but it was reported by someone for being deemed as threatening. (Ta).

All I can say Faz is grow up (assuming you can read this, but not post).

I don't understand why everyone is concerned with the benefits to themselves over this, surely this is an initiative designed to allow the fans to help with the development of the academy players.
My concern is the opposite, I get giving away benefits that cost no money (like priority away [if you already hold a season ticket]), watching training and they should have likely thrown in parking pass etc.

But the program doesn't state what its aims are (its very wishy washy), looks poorly planned and as a result even people who don't care about benefits are likely to be put off.

Are we looking to use this to offset some of the youth so that budget can be allocated to the first team? Without it are we going to downscale the youth?

Those are simple questions that just arent answered and there are a lot more.
It's a private business. They don't give a shit about you or any other fan, the communication from the club this year shows that.

Yet we are being asked to fund what the club wants to build around and profit from.

I'd much rather a fans fund that went to the community trust and schools etc taking away the clubs reliance to help fund them.
That'd be fine as long as people knew what they were funding, rather than it being funneled away and rewards being given on the back of it!
I don't think that anyone is asking us to maintain or pay the bills Frank, but simply to provide extra funds to help with the development of young football players who may, or may not, in the not too distant future repay us with their performances on the pitch or even transfer fees to keep the club afloat.

Similar in many ways to the way that charities support the NHS and other institutions.
This is the problem, you are having to think rather than it being a well thought out program.

We know the NHS is wasteful (middle management), and if the club were to have aims, which are backed by monetary amounts and then reports on how they are hitting, missing etc. it becomes a proper program, with benefits being the results vs looking for the additional benefits (which is why so many people are looking at the exterior benefits because the interior benefits are not explained / strong enough, IE poor marketing/sales)

Last edited:

But you are asking Mike Danson, no demanding, to spend his money on the club yet reserve how much you decide to put in until you see how much he does, also tell the world and 'grips dog' or whoever listens you have no intention of even buying a season ticket next season - that is hardly a "Two way street"

You think ANY OWNER at the level we are will ever "profit" in any form whatsoever, forget about any voluntary contributions or schemes just put season ticket prices up to a legitimate price - let's see the foaming at the mouth that will bring and how many would be willing to pay.

Fans are all the same, want the cloud with a silver lining, but expect a goose with a golden egg to fund it.

edit.

Calling a football club a private business is far to simplistic, in fact it is nonsensical, they may be privately owned but are a public entity that is managed by a custodian, hopefully it is every supporters dream that the custodian that owns the bricks and mortar will, in general, share the aspirations and sing from the same hymn sheet as the fans, that isn't always possible for reasons I stated in my second paragraph.

Last edited:
Apparently, Faz has had a post removed and got a week's ban.

I didn't see it myself, but it was reported by someone for being deemed as threatening. (Ta).

All I can say Faz is grow up (assuming you can read this, but not post).
So if you didn't see or report Faz's post how do you know he's had a post removed and a ban?

So if you didn't see or report Faz's post how do you know he's had a post removed and a ban?
I was pinged by admin. I didn't want him banned, but making threats is understandably deemed a no no.

I'd still like to understand what the hell Faz meant if it wasn't how I interpreted it.

I was pinged by admin. I didn't want him banned, but making threats is understandably deemed a no no.

I'd still like to understand what the hell Faz meant if it wasn't how I interpreted it.
Seemed to be a straightforward statement of our position.
I had no problem with it

On the one that's been removed, it apparently said summat about paying me a visit. :shrug:

Silly really.

Seems it made Twitter. To be fair - if you’ve not seen it - he was complimentary about you saying you opposed the ban. Doesn’t really reference what the comment was, though he is denying there was a threat.

Seems it made Twitter. To be fair - if you’ve not seen it - he was complimentary about you saying you opposed the ban. Doesn’t really reference what the comment was, though he is denying there was a threat.
It was written in a way where it could be taken as nothing, or a threat ... but someone on here obviously thought it the latter.

As I said ... Silly.

As for twitter, he followed me a while ago, but I didn't reciprocate. Maybe he's pissed off at me for that. 😂