Nearly Live! v Crystal Palace | Page 19 | Vital Football

Nearly Live! v Crystal Palace

It is down to confidence imo, we play well up until we score a majority of time, then nerves kick in, go back into shell and hold on with all our might. It is down to Hugh and his friends to instill the confidence in his players that they are ahead for a reason and can go on and push another few goals in. However, how can he ever get them feeling confident when every time he opens his mouth they hear praise for the opposition. madness. I havent heard his post match interview today but i bet it will start with praising palace performance, players and go into theyre great offensive options and probably add a few lines of praise for Pulis too. our own players might get a slight mention towards end if he gets pushed back on topic!!

Agreed. dont know how else they can defend it. Winning 1-0 and holding on for lives against Palace is hardly convincing for next few games we have. heavy loss at liverpool should be expected. 1-0 wins and heavy losses will not help our GD.

Stephen Frys thoughts on the game as tweeted on twitter... "Oh you golden gorgeous Canaries. What precious points."

CH says that CP will cause a few teams problems this season.
We started well and had a good first half but it was difficult for us to sustain it for 90 mins.
We were worthy winners and it feels like a big win.
The timing of the goals was important as we were dominating at the time.
It was difficult to maintain that dominance in the 2nd half because of the quality and strength that they've got.
It was a good time to score because we knew they would come back at us and it was tough in that 2nd half.
Delighted with the resilience that we showed in the 2nd half. On the counter we had some very good opportunities.
Imortant we got the win and also important that we got a clean sheet.

So, even if you're bottom of the league CH will still praise you for the strength and quality in your side!
Unbelieveable!

In truth we scraped a home win over the worst team in the league. I am not filled with much confidence for the rest of the season.

Was thinking the same SC. I could see it coming hence why I posted what I did earlier. We should ask CH to be our oppositions manager every week - we'd be full of confidence for the whole season. :grin:

I came away from the game without a real sense of feeling any achievement...but we did win..its 3 valuable points...Palace are a poor team and will be relegated for certain.
There were times in the first half when we were outstanding..We had some other good spells but the second half wasnt much to shout about....Wes was great in first half, great to see Bechio involved.
When we back to full strength ( Wolf..Tetty..Snodders..Pilkington) it can only get better.

We will survive this season...to then build further...OTBC

It was ugly, it was crap, but its three points and that's all that matters at the end of the day. Feel for Palace fans not only is Selhurst a sh!tthole, but now Pulls is manager they'll be needing neck surgery soon.

Liverpool away midweek is gonna be ugly. Think we'll get a draw at west brom though

Well, having been to match today and sat through a totally uninspiring performance, all I can say is that it was three precious points gained. As for entertainment forget it. Maybe I am asking too much to be entertained for my 33 quid. I will expect even less for my twelve pounds 50p next Saturday.

I don't think it is enough, 3 points is definitely good but a lot of fans are saying they expect to be entertained for the money they are paying. The question is, would you keep on paying top dolla to not be entertained and not particularly enjoy what you have just spent your hard earned cash on?

northern yellow - 30/11/2013 22:18

I don't think it is enough, 3 points is definitely good but a lot of fans are saying they expect to be entertained for the money they are paying. The question is, would you keep on paying top dolla to not be entertained and not particularly enjoy what you have just spent your hard earned cash on?

The answer to that NY...Is Yes! I have been doing that for many many years....( Not every year of course but quite a few)

I wouldn't like to continue to watch uninspiring matches, which result in mid-table mediocrity year after year.

However, I would be prepared to tolerate it while the team were transforming into a highly skilled operation. If I could observe a gradual evolution into an effective force, which consistently plays attractive football, I would endure a couple of seasons of the boring stuff.

I would hope that there would be a few inspired performances to show that we are making the transformation.

Progress in league position to be matched by progress in the stuff to make us proud.

It was nearly three hours before I get find out the score yesterday and my immediate response was great relief! Having read all I can between then and now it seems we were better than the scoreline. Something must have been going on because we had 60/40 possession and it sounds as if Bassa back in defence with Olsson made a big difference and Redmond sounds as if he was class. We were good in the first half and Hooper got on the scoresheet. Palace must have had their tails up coming off a good win last week and wanting to impress a new manager. Each game will have special characteristics and on this occasion we kept a clean sheet. Only three shots on target is bad news though there were ten in all but that has got to change if we are to progress. Entertainment? I have no idea and it seems there are mixed feelings on this here from the Vital attendees, but I accept the three points, and gladly. I feel better about us being up to 14th position rather than four or five places lower. Liverpool? Hmmm! If we can 'grind' and draw I will be more than happy.

Rex - 1/12/2013 01:20

I wouldn't like to continue to watch uninspiring matches, which result in mid-table mediocrity year after year.

However, I would be prepared to tolerate it while the team were transforming into a highly skilled operation. If I could observe a gradual evolution into an effective force, which consistently plays attractive football, I would endure a couple of seasons of the boring stuff.

I would hope that there would be a few inspired performances to show that we are making the transformation.

Progress in league position to be matched by progress in the stuff to make us proud.

We are now just limping along with a manager who cannot transform us any further. In fact the only transformation on the pitch has been backwards since Lambert left.